Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 minutes to get a single field goal.

Heat-Bucks was DOA.

The Hawks should never be in the playoffs.

The Lakers can barely compete.

Noah got run into the ground ahead of time.

Knicks-Celtics and Clippers-Grizz is it?

Warriors-Nuggets lost Lee, but maybe that could still be something?

the loss of lee is huge. warriors still might be able to come up with a win or two at home with the oracle playoff atmosphere..

Did not know bucks are a sub 500 :smh: and still got into the playoffs. East is so damn weak.

The L needs to reformat the playoffs in such a way that all the strong teams make it instead of having sorry *** teams like the bucks and hawks waste tv time. Should be like the top 16 by record get in regardless of conference.

Last edited:
Celtics, Bulls share same hotel after loss

NEW YORK -- One New York hotel, two unhappy basketball teams.

The Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls are staying at the same location this weekend. Both lost their playoff openers Saturday, the Celtics falling 85-78 to the New York Knicks and the Bulls getting routed 106-89 by the Nets in Brooklyn.

"This was a quiet, dark hotel last night. The New York-area teams didn't treat the guests very well," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Sunday.

Chicago coach Tom Thibodeau was an assistant under Rivers when the Celtics won the 2008 NBA title. They still talk, and Thibodeau said his old boss invited him out Friday, but he wasn't able to go.

"Unfortunately, I missed the free dinner," Thibodeau said. "It pained me to miss it."

The Bulls play Game 2 against the Nets on Monday. Boston will try to even its series with the Knicks on Tuesday.

Neither visiting team practiced Sunday. Instead, both held meetings in the hotel, then met with reporters about 2½ hours apart.

"It's just not a good hotel today," Rivers said. "Two losing teams. I think one should leave."
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9196808/boston-celtics-chicago-bulls-same-hotel-loss-playoffs

Last edited:
Did not know bucks are a sub 500
mean.gif
and still got into the playoffs. East is so damn weak.

The L needs to reformat the playoffs in such a way that all the strong teams make it instead of having sorry *** teams like the bucks and hawks waste tv time. Should be like the top 16 by record get in regardless of conference.
They wont go for it, but it should happen. Just streamline the entire thing and do away with the conferences. That would help better the All Star Game also. 

Celtics, Bulls share same hotel after loss

NEW YORK -- One New York hotel, two unhappy basketball teams.

The Boston Celtics and Chicago Bulls are staying at the same location this weekend. Both lost their playoff openers Saturday, the Celtics falling 85-78 to the New York Knicks and the Bulls getting routed 106-89 by the Nets in Brooklyn.

"This was a quiet, dark hotel last night. The New York-area teams didn't treat the guests very well," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Sunday.

Chicago coach Tom Thibodeau was an assistant under Rivers when the Celtics won the 2008 NBA title. They still talk, and Thibodeau said his old boss invited him out Friday, but he wasn't able to go.

"Unfortunately, I missed the free dinner," Thibodeau said. "It pained me to miss it."

The Bulls play Game 2 against the Nets on Monday. Boston will try to even its series with the Knicks on Tuesday.

Neither visiting team practiced Sunday. Instead, both held meetings in the hotel, then met with reporters about 2½ hours apart.

"It's just not a good hotel today," Rivers said. "Two losing teams. I think one should leave."
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9196808/boston-celtics-chicago-bulls-same-hotel-loss-playoffs
At least the hotel looks cleans.  I wouldn't complain if I was in one that looked that nice.

They wont go for it, but it should happen. Just streamline the entire thing and do away with the conferences. That would help better the All Star Game also. 
They should have a lower ranking postseason for the lower teams as well to keep those bottomfeeders from getting lazy and sniping lottery picks every year.

The winner of that postseason gets 1st pick and the runners up get the next 4.

Seeing good/potentially great players go to teams who either don't need em or have no plans to improve strikes an odd chord with me.

At least the hotel looks cleans.  I wouldn't complain if I was in one that looked that nice.

Come on dude, you don't really think they're having Photo-Shoots in there hotel rooms right now. Especially Derrick Rose, he's not trying to see any cameras right now.

Thats gotta be a pic from before.

NBA 2k11 commercial

Derrick rose was slicing onions and rondo cried, ironic right?

Last edited:
[h1] [/h1]
[h1]J.R. Smith is the NBA Sixth Man of the Year, according to report[/h1]
By Jason Patt on Apr 22 2013, 10:16a  @Bulls_Jay 1

Stay connected with SB Nation

20130420_krg_aw8_029.0_standard_783.0.jpg

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

J.R. Smith will reportedly be named the Sixth Man of the Year after averaging a career-high 18.1 points for the Knicks this season.

New York Knicks shooting guard J.R. Smith will be named the NBA's 2013 NBA Sixth Man of the Year, according to Howard Beck of The New York Times.
######## START READMORE SNIPPET ########
More: Posting and Toasting
######## END SNIPPET ########
Smith had the best year of his career in helping the Knicks to a 54-28 record and a No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference. Smith led the league in scoring off the bench, posting a career-high 18.1 points per game as the second scoring option behind Carmelo Anthony. Smith also posted a career-high in rebounding, averaging 5.3 on the year.

Smith was especially good the last few months of the season, averaging 22.1 points on 45.5 percent shooting and 35.9 percent from three over March and April. Smith shot 42.2 percent overall on the year and 35.6 percent from three-point land.

Smith had 15 points and five rebounds in 32 minutes in the Knicks' 85-78 Game 1 victory over the Boston Celtics on Saturday afternoon.
Rejoice Knickerbocker fans.

Jarrett Jack second place
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Dude hit that shot after not making any of the free throws in the team free throw contest they won for him to qualify to take the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom