Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell that to the hundreds of thousands of people that say hes a cancer to this team daily.
eek.gif
Where has this guy been.
Speaking of that, where's Solarius been? Did he get banned or something? Haven't seen him check in a long while.
He got da banz last month.

I think the Clippers have a better chance against the Heat due to their depth and Chris Paul then any other team in the west now.

I feel so bad for Russ man! I think he will be back for second round but still. I know he is livid with Beverly too!

Players like Russ I sincerely don't want to see get hurt.

Sucks to hear about Russy.

As much as I like to clown on him, he keeps it real and that talent is real.

Thinking about road tripping down to Houston now. This is war >:

Skip Bayless [emoji]10004[/emoji] @RealSkipBayless

Still don't think Beverley lunging for ball as Westbrook tried to call time was dirty. Russ stuck out his knee to impede Beverley. It gave.

thought his, "I had meniscus surgery on both knees. Running 1 wk later 1st time, 2 wks 2nd. Bet Westbrook misses no more than next rd
" comment was the most annoying he'd go but alas I was wrong

Last edited:
I like Russy as much as anyone but even with him at full strength they had no chance against the Heat so hopefully in a weird way this makes for a more competitive Finals series. Thunder just do not match up with Miami at all and this was even with James Harden last season, the Heat are the Thunder just on steroids.

RealSkipBayless: For what it's worth, I had meniscus surgery on both knees. Running 1 wk later 1st time, 2 wks 2nd. Bet Westbrook misses no more than next rd

the clever, subtle, douchebaggery

Skip is :lol:

I was in bed rest for one week after my lateral meniscus surgery, 2nd week able to walk around but def not running. I played bball about 3-4 weeks later but took it easy.

I had my small tear just removed not repaired, recovery time would've been much longer.

Horrible news about Westbrook. After watching my boy go down with it a few years ago I've hated seeing any athlete going down with meniscus tears. Absolute worst.

:lol: what have the thunder proven to be a dangerous threat?
Acb is like one of those people that takes a little rumor and exaggerate the hell out of it..

Last edited:
Look for a chubby black guy in a Westbrook jersey at game 3, might be next to a weird looking but rich Asian dude. He hasn't decided yet :smokin

Skip Bayless [emoji]10004[/emoji] @RealSkipBayless

Still don't think Beverley lunging for ball as Westbrook tried to call time was dirty. Russ stuck out his knee to impede Beverley. It gave.

thought his, "I had meniscus surgery on both knees. Running 1 wk later 1st time, 2 wks 2nd. Bet Westbrook misses no more than next rd
" comment was the most annoying he'd go but alas I was wrong

What the **** MAN???!!!! Son I can't believe this. This is some real terrible news to wake up to. I aint even a OKC fan but damn c'mon

This is some bull ****. That lame Beverly or w/e should be fined 50k

I've given Russ his fair share of criticism but I really liked how his overall game was improving. He seemed to be getting way better at penetrating and knowing when to do that more when the opportunity presents itself. Now he's gone. :smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Here on out it literally is on KD. For all that 2nd place talk this situation in it's own twisted way puts it more on his thin shoulders to step up and be that guy he thinks he is. Just hope it doesn't lead to him forcing it.

"I don't wanna talk about me. We're not gonna talk about me and Darko in the same sentence." - Chris Webber

laugh.gif
Never gets old.

Anybody catch this Bill Simmons article??? Its a short read

I wish JPZ was still around to defend the 2009 draft
[h1]By Bill Simmons  on [/h1]April 23, 2013 5:18 PM ET
i
NATHANIEL S. BUTLER/NBAE VIA GETTY IMAGES
We interrupt Part 2 of the NBA Trade Value column  to explain the travesty known as the 2009 NBA draft. That night, Minnesota drafted two of our top-30 trade value guys (Ricky Rubio with the fifth pick, then Ty Lawson with the 18th pick) and passed up a third top-30 guy (Stephen Curry) to take Jonny Flynn. Trust me, this was just as ridiculous at the time. (Check out my thoughts at 5:10 of the '09 Draft Diary.)

That same night, Minnesota quickly traded Lawson to Denver for a future protected first-round pick that became the immortal Luke Babbitt (2010's 16th pick). What happened to Babbitt? It flipped his rights, along with Ryan Gomes, to Portland for Martell Webster, who had already been gift-wrapped a more-than-generous four-year, $20 million deal.

What happened to Webster? Turned out he was damaged goods — Webster needed two back surgeries to repair a bulging disc (including one before he ever played a T-Wolves game), struggled through two injury-plagued seasons before Minnesota released him, then became the centerpiece of a contentious compensation process  that was only recently resolved (terms were not disclosed).http://

What happened next? The Timberwolves were so pissed about Portland's handling of the Webster debacle, they made an aggressive $46.5 million free-agent play to overpay Nic Batum (Portland matched), only they screwed up and didn't have enough cap room to accommodate their offer after it had already been extended. Whoops! Carving out cap room on the fly, they spent $600,000 to buy out Webster and another $5.1 million to amnesty Darko Milicic, just so they could legally accommodate a Batum offer that, again, Portland matched.

What happened next? Now blessed with extra cap space from two players they never needed to buy out, they signed away retired Blazers star Brandon Roy for $10.4 million over two years, a move that cost Portland its insurance on Roy's old max contract and hadRic Bucher reporting  that it "has Portland owner Paul Allen thinking Minnesota is trying to make life difficult for him." In the biggest non-shocker in the history of non-shocking sports moments, Roy's allegedly recovered knees immediately betrayed him; he played five games for Minnesota before hanging it up again.

Hold on, I forgot to mention something — during the 2011 draft, the T-Wolves traded The Guy They Picked Over Steph Curry (Flynn), the rights to Donatas Motiejunas and a future second-round pick to Houston for the rights to Nikola Mirotic, the 38th pick (Chandler Parsons) and a future first-round pick, then sold Parsons back to Houston. From there, they traded Mirotic's rights to Chicago for the rights to Norris Cole and the 43rd pick (Malcolm Lee). Then, they traded Cole's rights to Miami for the 31st pick (Bojan Bogdanovic), a future second-rounder and cash, then traded Bogdanovic to Brooklyn for a future second-rounder.

So if you're scoring at home …

The Timberwolves turned a potential Rubio/Curry/Lawson windfall into just Rubio (who didn't come to Minnesota for two extra years); two years of Flynn (played in Australia last year); backup guard Malcolm Lee; three injury-plagued years and more than $15 million of damaged goods (Webster and Roy); and nearly $6 million of Webster/Milicic buyouts. They also briefly had and lost Motiejunas (a promising rotation guy for Houston), Parsons (no. 48 on the trade value list), Mirotic (Chicago's best prospect overseas) and Cole (a rotation guy for a 66-win team); and they have Memphis's 2013 first-rounder (near the bottom of a dreadful draft) and Brooklyn's 2013 second-rounder to show for their troubles.

Ladies and gentleman, without further ado …

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why normal people compare their surgeries to professional athletes. Westbrook has to get back to elite athlete level - the average person/Skip needs to get back to walking or running non-competitively. Completely irrelevant.

-

KD is finally going to see what its like to be the scorer, playmaker and ballhandler on a team. If Brooks is smart, he'd be going small more often or playing Reggie Jackson at PG. I don't think that starting lineup survives with Fisher in Russell's place. No scoring at all. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom