Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Kobe gif was prob exactly how he was feeling at the time.....Let that S*** Burnnn!!!!!

Last edited:
Dallas Mavs cheerleaders :lol: :pimp:

I miss something..? :nerd:

The-Dallas-Mavericks-Dancers-perform-during-halftime-of-the-Mavs-Monday-night-game-against-the-Blazers.-AP.jpg

:nerd: :nthat:

wheres MKG? i have not heard one thing about him... :nerd:

I'm probably the only one who roots for the Bobcats and who's watched all 3 Bobcats games this season (don't judge me, huge Kemba Walker fan lol) so i'll share my input on this.

RE: MKG

Through 3 games, he's averaging 8 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 2 apg, 2bpg, 1.7 spg 2.3 TOpg...he's shooting only 36% from the field though he's rebounded decently from a 1-7 debut.

He's still very raw offensively. Most of his buckets have come from hustle points, agressive drives, and good cuts. Defensively and his overall energy is where he's made a difference so far. What you saw in college with his motor, it's still pretty much the same in the league, though of course, he's playing against way better guys night in and night out. During yesterday's game vs Phoenix, he helped sparked a rally from 14 down with his hustle, defense and energy. Mike Beasley was on fire in the 1st half, but once MKG was switched on him in the 3rd, everything was contested. Dunno why he didn't get more minutes in the 4th though as Dunlap went with a 3-guard lineup instead.

Overall, he is what I expected at this very early point in the season. As he gets more experience and more reps and practice (he's only 19), i expect his offensive game to develop. But no doubt this guy is a baller. I liked the pick for Charlotte back then, and after watching him in Summer League/Preseason/through 3 games, my opinion hasnt changed. His attitude and energy will be a key component if Charlotte wants to be competitive in the future. His ceiling is high, and with hardwork, he'll be a good player in this league for years to come.

For those of you with a League Pass "Choice" Package, at what point in your activation process do you actually pick your 5 teams?

Seems like I'm suck where it asks for your cable provider.  I don't have cable - it's under my roommates name and I'd like to avoid registering through his account.  Any way around this? 

When you look back at this particular era, you've had a Shaq on the sunset of his career, an injury prone Yao, and very forward-ish Amare, and Dwight. It's not like he consistently battled David Robinson, Hakeem, Ewing, a prime Shaq, etc., every other night.
He's probably "forward-ish" because he's played the 4 his whole career.
laugh.gif
Don't know why you included him in that group.
As for Nick Young....you guys win. He does suck.

Last edited:

"You can’t speed chemistry up. I think the more practice, the more you get familiar with each other. There’s no hit the fast forward button here. You’ve got Comcast. Some shows you can’t fast forward through. You’ve just got to let it go through and watch the silly-*** commercials and be pissed, right? This is what this is. Did I just take a shot at Comcast? **** it, I did it. So what? I’m a DirecTV guy anyway. This is what this is. I’m not helping myself, am I? **** it. **** it. **** it. Who cares? Anyway, that’s what this is. We totally messed that up, right? God damn, we just totally messed that up. But this is one of those things where it just takes its course and you can’t speed anything up."
This guy KG is such a gem
laugh.gif

He's probably "forward-ish" because he's played the 4 his whole career. :lol: Don't know why you included him in that group.

Because with the lack of bona fide Centers in the era, the next thing to relate is simply the big men, but Amare definitely played at the Center spot in times throughout his career. I've heard the term Center-Forward used before.

Not really important to my argument though, so we can remove Amare from the list.

KG is one of those guys where when he acts like that on the top, he's annoying and douchey

But now that the C's aren't one of the ones ruling the league anymore, its damn funny

I love me some Open Court. This center discussion is good. I'm on board with Shaq about Dwight not being dominant. Always have been, because if he were, the Magic would've won a Championship with him.

His ultimate line of thinking at the end of the discussion is fine... Dwight isn't as dominant as he thinks he can be...

But the problem with Shaq is he's just looking for any angle to justify his Dwight hate. The beginning-middle of his argument was cringeworthy

Shaq is bitter about Dwight, but he still is right for the most part. Shaq in general though, is stubborn with his opinions and it's annoying as hell. No way in hell Dream team II could be the original in a 7 game series. No way.

No he isn't. We aren't even talking about the whole conversation, the fact Shaq picked Brook (who he misidentified as Robin by the way) Lopez over Dwight and continues to allege that Dwight plays "the new euro, jump shot pick and roll," style which somehow disqualifies him (as if Shaq never caught an alleyoop). Then he questioned Dwight's level of dominance, again while talking about a "big man" who strikes fear in the heart of nobody and literally said he just lets Humphries grab all the rebounds, as juxtaposed against a league leading rebounder and multiple team defensive player of the yr

Am I late? When did Westbrook and Perk start doing tip off tricks
I never noticed it until this yr either. They do both have interesting pregame rituals though. They don't shake hands with the other team, or don't go out of their ways to do so. Perkins walks out with his shirt untucked and shorts sagging and just stands in the far opposite corner until the ref calls him over to jump, and Russ stands under the far basket and pulls on the net, then gets the ball and does 3 between the legs dribbles to the ft line then back to the baseline.

Amazing how getting out to double digit deficits then coming back from them after we sit Perkins down is as predictable as the sun coming out, and Brooks never notices or addresses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom