Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's more to playing the center position than dunking the ball and sacrificing good position on defense for blocks.

The latter is something that really bothers me with a lot of guys that wrack up blocks.

Serge is touted as one of the best defenders, and in some aspects he is, but I still think he's got a lot of work to do in terms of one-on-one defense.

What makes Dwight/Tyson such great defensive Centers is that they not only make up for their other guys mistakes, but they also can be tough one-on-one defense.

Last edited:
Shaq just said Jordan is the best center in the West? Smdh
roll.gif

He's from the H and all but hell naw

Crawford's playstyle fits with the clippers perfectly both the good(constant highlight plays), and the bad( the CONSTANT flopping)

There's more to playing the center position than dunking the ball and sacrificing good position on defense for blocks.

The latter is something that really bothers me with a lot of guys that wrack up blocks.

Serge is touted as one of the best defenders, and in some aspects he is, but I still think he's got a lot of work to do in terms of one-on-one defense.

What makes Dwight/Tyson such great defensive Centers is that they not only make up for their other guys mistakes, but they also can be tough one-on-one defense.
Serge's 1 on 1 defense is fine when he isn't getting hung out to dry by our perimeter guys and whoever is his mate in the frontcourt. Obviously if the big comes over to block or take a charge, somebody needs to come and check their man; help the helper, we SUCK at that. It's usually KD or Perk. Serge will block a shot or get a piece, and then his man has a chance for the tip in, same with drop off passes. Had Serge left here and went to a team where everyone consistently holds their own defensively, it would be scary. Like imagine him next to a KG, or in a Spurs or 6ers uniform on defense. Again, our guys' idea of defense is let their man run towards Serge and hope he blocks it,

I like DeAndre and the whole Clippers lineup and how they play, sans for the ********ness from CP3 and Blake

:smh: Turiaf dunked on again

Lol I thought this game was over when I was watching the 2nd quarter and they had like a 30 pt lead almost. Go Blazers!

:wow: Leonard doesn't mess around

With Harden in the Rockets. Crawford looks to be the unanimous to win the sixth man. What is this, his 4th straight 20 pt game? :x I really like Blazer's rookies. They got it right this year. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom