Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darko will forever be a G for this

Son just came to the league way too early. He should have stayed in Europe until he was about 21-22.

Nobody here cares about that. We're just worried because Shane and Mike Miller already shot ~80% from 3 against 3 against us and then they add 1 of the most prolific shooters in history and a guy in Shard who is typically around 40% sans for the Washington year when he had nothing to play for. Actually, that's only my point of view. Rest of the fan community is generally optimistic, but I know how (poorly) we defend the 3 since forever. Those 2 are going to have a field day. Only good thing is, both are horrendous defenders so hopefully Harden will show up with Ray guarding him.
Did the Knicks sign Ben Wallace or was I dreaming?

Stop playing that damn help defense and you guys may have won the finals..

We've already had this discussion, but Scott Brooks looked like such a bafoon in the finals.. Got outcoached by a mile by Spo :x

Darko will loaf his way to the end of the bench.

yup

or when he screws up and rondo and Kg are yapping at him he might rip his jersey and start swinging on dudes stone cold style and not give a @#$%

Darko will forever be a G for this

Son just came to the league way too early. He should have stayed in Europe until he was about 21-22.

larry brown destroyed that kid.

he came into the perfect situation for him, didnt have to do much and learn Defense from Ben and Offense from sheed

He just sucked(s), and don't buy that "LB don't play rookies" nonsense either; Tim Thomas and Larry Hughes would disagree.

:lol: "got out coached"

It was obvious he was being out coached... And that's why it is funny and depressing because it was Spo..

Did you not watch play after play all the Heat had to do was drive and the Thunder would collapse leading to a kick out 3 or a kick out that got swung around to a wide open 3. Any one who knows anything about basketball would say Hey, it's not working, maybe we should stop collapsing 2-3 guys every play, and stop leaving shooters open.

Why would you want to look like another pro team? Especially one in the same city with a storied history.
Create your own legacy.

Indeed........I like the simplicity of the nets new look, maybe somewhere down the line they implement some grey into the Jersey, then eventually add a grey based alternate 8)

[COLOR=#red]How is this crippled bum Rose on that power rankings list.....Son is the new Penny !!!!!![/COLOR]

:lol: "got out coached"

It was obvious he was being out coached... And that's why it is funny and depressing because it was Spo..

Did you not watch play after play all the Heat had to do was drive and the Thunder would collapse leading to a kick out 3 or a kick out that got swung around to a wide open 3. Any one who knows anything about basketball would say Hey, it's not working, maybe we should stop collapsing 2-3 guys every play, and stop leaving shooters open.
Literally an Elementary basketball mistake, and even if Coach says to do it (which I think he does teach that because Fisher would typically be smarter and even he did it routinely as a Thunder), you figure KD (who was the main offender but ALL did it) would say to himself, "****, I just helped off Mike Miller and they kicked to him and hit a 3, then I helped again and it happened again, I think next time I'm going to stay home," but no, literally play after play after play. One pass away, you can't help 10 feet off of your man when he is only 1 pass away.

And Brooks never calls timeouts to stop momentum, never changes things that aren't working like that broken *** starting lineup that has been giving teams double digit head starts since it was put together (he just deferred that blame to the players talking about they need to get together and talk), still has a 1 or 2 page playbook, and does nothing more than motivational speaking in the huddles, "play with your hearts!" and had the nerve to hold out this summer for more money and try to use the Magic and Bobcats job for leverage. Ol' smug *** dude really thinks the team turnaround is on his back and not because of being blessed with some of the best young players in the league who work hard and improve (Presti).

Last edited:

When you have those type of elite guys I don't think who got out coached is important, it's just noise as fans and the media likes to use. I believe when Pat Riley said anyone could coach those Lakers teams and won.

Plus to me, referring to this year/last and going forward, I don't think OKC can beat Miami without a post presence.

Ray Allen is going to feast on corner threes in Miami.

Last edited:
Stop playing that damn help defense and you guys may have won the finals..
We've already had this discussion, but Scott Brooks looked like such a bafoon in the finals.. Got outcoached by a mile by Spo :x

I hear you, but I really don't put too much stock into this, at least not in the NBA.

Coaches don't have much of an effect. There is absolutely no way Scott Brooks told them to help and leave Mike Miller and Shane open from 3. That's simply basketball instinct. Has nothing to do with coaching.

Same on the other end of the ball as well. All teams in the NBA now come down and run 2 to 4 pick and rolls and make plays from that. Either that or straight iso. Not much coaching.

Post presence doesn't matter. Barkley been saying that **** the whole season and post season and we were in the finals and beat the teams with the best post players in the Lakers and Spurs kind of easily.

Sans for game 5 of the finals, we were right there with a chance to win the game and Harden didn't even show up at all. But when Shane Battier shoots 75% from 3 over a series and Mike Miller shoots 87.5% (7 for 8) in game 5, what are you gonna do?

I mean look at this ****, stay home, if anything overplay him especially KD, no way he's driving past you. He is damn near paralyzed. They showed half time in the locker room and they just prop his broken *** up against a wall.

By the way, the Heat tied a record for 3s in a finals game.

I fully expect though Lebron at the 5 and Ray, Shane, Miller, and Lewis just spotting up while Lebron brings the ball up and just attacks.

James Jones is never seeing the court. Even though Mike will go down at some point :lol: they still have Rio and Cole waiting
:smh:

Imagine if he could speak English :lol:

Guy is crazy, like Ron Artest but an Eastern European version

collapsing the paint is what the heat do all the time... we tend to give more 3 point shots because there is a lower % of making it...
remember when people and teams said the heat cant beat the zone defense?.. it was the open 3 point shots that we couldnt hit...

Last edited:
This will be the finals line up........

Offense: Lebron PG/SF

Wade PG/SG

Ray SG

Lewis : PF

Bosh: C

Defense

Wade: PG

Ray: SG

Lebron: SF

Lewis: PF

C: Bosh

Lewis over Haslem?? Lewis has a horrible year last season where he shot .385 and .239 from behind the line. He has to prove that it was just an off year and not an overall fast permanent decline.

He just sucked(s), and don't buy that "LB don't play rookies" nonsense either; Tim Thomas and Larry Hughes would disagree.

Larry Brown's coaching style with rookies has always been to break dudes down, then slowly build them back up. With some guys it works, some guys will pull a mutiny and with others it'll completely destroy them. He helped create the basket case that became Darko. The drugs didn't help either, but if you have ever watched Darko play, you need to pay attention to how he reacts to bad plays. Darko used to over celebrate good plays and go into a complete end of the world funk after bad plays, that is a direct result of how Brown coached him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom