Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hack a shaqing and flopping is definitely not a dedication to the dignity of the game. More like an exploitation of the rules to win by a technicality. Other than that, spurs are a class act, I must say.

Last edited:
"There's no chest pounding...just a dedication to the dignity of the game"

Sums us up perfectly.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Cant wait for today. 
Hack a shaqing and flopping is definitely not a dedication to the dignity of the game. More like an exploitation of the rules to win by a technicality. Other than that, spurs are a class act, I must say.
Is taking a ton of 3s since theyre worth more than 2s an "exploitation of the rules"? The rules are the rules and those who are smart use them to their advantage..

...& it's pathetic.

You really think the league won't do everything it can possibly do to prevent a Pacers vs Spurs/Grizzlies NBA Finals? It would easily be the lowest rated Finals of all-time. I still think the Pacers win every game at home in this series...all they need to do is win one game in Miami.

NBA ratings have been low for a while. I don't think any matchup would help it. Football reigns supreme in the US and will continue to do so.

As much sense as it Makes, it's never gonna happen, Knicks spent the last decade struggling and being irrelevant.

Now management is gonna ride this wave till the end. The next pipe dream is CP3. I said as soon as the Knicks gutted that roster for Melo it was gonna be a problem and he isn't the type of player who care carry a team. They were better off waiting for the off season if he really wanted to "come home" :rolleyes

It's interesting now, because no one is gonna take a pay cut to sign with them who wants to win a chip because they have to to through Miami to get there and I rather sign with Miami for cheap.

Signing all these walking corpses isn't gonna cut it.

NBA ratings have been low for a while. I don't think any matchup would help it. Football reigns supreme in the US and will continue to do so.

Pretty sure I read that last year's Finals were the highest rated since 2004 (Shaq and Kobe's last one together).

I want the Memphis - Indiana Finals badly. Stern will do everything he can to prevent the Pacers from winning. He needs Lebron in the Finals.

The currents were in its 3rd season

LOL is that supposed to be old? :rofl:

too many teams changing jerseys, warriors are fine aside from the stupid wish bone neck.

they need to find some new designers and come up with some good, long lasting designs. im kinda getting sick of teams always changing stuff up.

No I'm surprised that they might get new jerseys.

..you n's kill me man.

unless you are a lifelong fan of the Pacers, what fan of the game would want 

to see a Finals devoid of the best player in the league and the most compelling storyline?

Grizzlies-Pacers? hell out of here man.

stop it with all this preferential calls complaints like the best players haven't been getting calls

for decades now. selective memory at its best. the point is moot.

and i will be the first to admit that Lebron's flailing is pathetic.

hell i thought that flagrant caused by his flop (gm 5) that was later rescinded warranted a fine!

but a finals without him? cut the crap..it's laughable.

Stern has corrupted the NBA. To what degree, I'm not entirely sure. If Silver demonstrates the same habits...Then **** him too. :lol:

..you n's kill me man.
unless you are a lifelong fan of the Pacers, what fan of the game would want 
to see a Finals devoid of the best player in the league and the most compelling storyline?
Grizzlies-Pacers? hell out of here man.
stop it with all this preferential calls complaints like the best players haven't been getting calls
for decades now. selective memory at its best. the point is moot.
and i will be the first to admit that Lebron's flailing is pathetic.
hell i thought that flagrant caused by his flop (gm 5) that was later rescinded warranted a fine!
but a finals without him? cut the crap..it's laughable.

Pacers play a fun brand of team basketball. I enjoy watching them. The Grizzlies are the same. That's what I want to see. I don't NEED a superstar name in the Finals to enjoy my basketball. If most the country was like that then maybe the NBA wouldn't be so goddamn crooked.

if the league were corrupted, wouldn't the knicks have received preferential treatment against the pacers?

Last edited:
The Knicks suck. It was way to clear to anyone watching, that unless they shot lights out, they'd get destroyed. You can't mask that.

Last edited:
The Knicks will be a top 1 or 2 valued team will get ratings in the regular season. Will sell out. All without the NBA helping them out. the NBA doesn't NEED the Knicks winning to make money off that fan base

Can the same be said about most small market teams?

Even celtics fans werent showing up before their gift big 3. And the ones that did had bags over their head. And that is one of the holy franchises

Last edited:
Pacers play a fun brand of team basketball. I enjoy watching them. The Grizzlies are the same. That's what I want to see. I don't NEED a superstar name in the Finals to enjoy my basketball. If most the country was like that then maybe the NBA wouldn't be so goddamn crooked.
and truth be told, I can respect that.

but what must be admitted is that most people who share your notion

are sharing it solely due to hate and not the reasons you specified.

THOSE are the ones that kill me.

I want the Memphis - Indiana Finals badly. Stern will do everything he can to prevent the Pacers from winning. He needs Lebron in the Finals.

:lol:

Yea it'll be Stern, not the defending champs with the best player in the world that will stop the Pacers.

No doubting Lebron as the best guy in the game today, but who you kidding? If Indiana starts pummeling the Heat and it becomes evident that Miami will struggle to win the series, then I bet you that you see a drastic difference in a game 4 or 5 where the Heat win in a blowout that goes against the pattern of all the other games. You WILL see a disparity in calls in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom