Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dantoni is the new LA coach.... SMH!!

If true his stint with the Lakers will be 10x better than his stint with the Knicks. Lakers fans wont be dissapointed.

For him to succeed he needs Nash, and Dwight will cover up his lack of a defensive mindset. LA will be fine.

One worthless Mike to another.
I was hoping for Dunleavy, but D'antoni will do just as well 
laugh.gif

Damn I guess the son's control/power is too much. Ain't no way Phil was getting the travel accommodation demands and bball operations control and the hefty contract salary with the son still around.

Last edited:
Damn I guess the son's control/power is too much. Ain't no way Phil was getting the travel accommodation demands and bball operations control and the hefty contract salary with the son still around.

Basically he wanted to control Mitch Kupchak & Jim Buss' jobs... All while getting paid 3 times the salary of most NBA coaches.. And also missing more than a handful of games..

The last 2, they could care less about... But Phil doesn't need nor should they give up their jobs for Phil when they prove they can do it.

I want Phil, but I also think you have to draw some sort of line.

The Los Angeles Lakers, in a wholly unexpected move, agreed to terms late Sunday night with former Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni to replace the fired Mike Brown, D'Antoni's agent, Warren LeGarie, confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com.

According to LeGarie, D'Antoni's deal is for four years.

Sources confirmed a Los Angeles Times report that D'Antoni quickly agreed to coach the Lakers after L.A.'s weekend of negotiations to bring back Phil Jackson broke down.

It had been widely anticipated that the Lakers would be bringing back Jackson after deciding to oust Brown just five games into the regular season, but sources said that the Lakers ultimately couldn't stomach Jackson's contract demands to return, which were believed to include a salary ranging from $10 to 15 million annually, significant say in personnel decisions as well as his eventual replacement along with the ability for the 67-year-old to skip selected road games.

Sources indicate that the deal was consummated very quickly late Sunday night towards the end of the Lakers win over Sacramento.

D'Antoni, who had knee surgery at the beginning of November, hasn't yet been cleared to travel, according to sources and "it'll be a couple of days before he comes in, but he's further along than people believe."

Pringles :lol:

I love how when he was coaching the Knicks and Knicks fans were very optimistic about his abilities, EVERYONE else was like "Nah, MDA doesn't coach championship basketball. New York will never go far with him as his coach". But now, he is coaching the Lakers and he is considered a great coach? Yeah, ok :lol:

Pringles :lol:

I love how when he was coaching the Knicks and Knicks fans were very optimistic about his abilities, EVERYONE else was like "Nah, MDA doesn't coach championship basketball. New York will never go far with him as his coach". But now, he is coaching the Lakers and he is considered a great coach? Yeah, ok :lol:

I don't think that opinion has changed.. I think he has a more suitable team with the Lakers than he did with the Knicks..

Phil is obviously better... But he was asking for too much... I'm more confident in Mitch & Jim's moves than I am Phil's when it comes to who to sign and who to trade.. Hell Luke Walton got a huge contract (by ****** player standards) because Phil liked him, and trusted him.. Luke would have been out of the league a few years ago had Phil not cosigned him to the fullest extent he could cosign someone

Last edited:
I don't think that opinion has changed.. I think he has a more suitable team with the Lakers than he did with the Knicks..
Phil is obviously better... But he was asking for too much... I'm more confident in Mitch & Jim's moves than I am Phil's when it comes to who to sign and who to trade.. Hell Luke Walton got a huge contract (by ****** player standards) because Phil liked him, and trusted him.. Luke would have been out of the league a few years ago had Phil not cosigned him to the fullest extent he could cosign someone

I do agree. He will have a better time with Nash and Dwight on the pick and roll. He's still a considerable upgrade over Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom