Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I've ever seen a HOFer get consistently dumped on by his own fanbase as much as Pau has the past 5 years.
Second best player on the team syndrome. See Pippen, Starks, young Kobe, etc.

But really, the majority of the criticism of Pau is baseless. He's been at his most productive when he's in the low post using his quickness against bigger centers, and size against smaller ones, but he's been pushed out to the high post the last two seasons. And yet he's still been very good. Also there's the fact that the Lakers have the biggest fanbase, and thus more people who don't know what they're talking about.
mean.gif

Are you guys watching these games? I know he's been criticized in the past, but Im talking about this year.

Im not saying he's the worst PF in the league but if trading him can bring in some good pieces Im doing it in a heartbeat.

This year?

The same year that has seen two coaches in a span of less than 10 games? They don't even have their proper head coach yet. :lol:

Jesus Christ people are quick to overreact.

For all the Josh Smith lovers, he's shooting 40% and almost 3 turnovers per game.

Overreacting because it's early? Yeah, exactly.

I don't eem know where to begin. Josh Smith is really good now??? Better than Pau?

Aside from a couple of games by Kobe and one by Dwight, everyone on the Lakers have been playing like buns for the entire season (and basically the entire end of last season). Yes, it's true that Pau needs to wake the **** up and start playing ball again, but you're not finding any available replacements for a PF that's as talented as he is right now. The offense has been changing, he's still trying to figure out his role (along with the rest of the Lakers), but you don't give up a long, quick, agile 7 footer who can hit the elbow jumper, can hit FTs and has that much playoff and finals experience.

Wow people used to badmouth Pippen?

Oh yeah. That episode where he refused to come off the bench hurt his rep, but later after Jordan came back it got to a point where they were pretty much expected to win every game, and when they didn't it was Pip taking the blame. But he was usually holding up the trophy at the end of the season so his summers were usually criticism-free.

Wow people used to badmouth Pippen?
Oh yeah. That episode where he refused to come off the bench hurt his rep, but later after Jordan came back it got to a point where they were pretty much expected to win every game, and when they didn't it was Pip taking the blame. But he was usually holding up the trophy at the end of the season so his summers were usually criticism-free.
Damn, I wish started watching basketball before 98. And when I did I was a Pacers fan and spent all my time hating the Bulls and Knicks 
laugh.gif

How do you guys feel about Grevis Vasquez. I have been a fan of his since he was at Maryland. Last year he played well in relief of Jarret Jack, and this year he is playing really well, averaging 10 points and 8.8 assists. Do you think he could be this long term solution at point guard?

How do you guys feel about Grevis Vasquez. I have been a fan of his since he was at Maryland. Last year he played well in relief of Jarret Jack, and this year he is playing really well, averaging 10 points and 8.8 assists. Do you think he could be this long term solution at point guard?

What do you mean by long-term? He can be a starting PG, but he will never be an elite PG. He can succeed, but I personally don't see him being a PG that can lead a team to anything.

I don't know what's worse fashion-wise, the crap Russell throws on, or the crap that Allen Iverson throws on, or the crap Jordan throws on. :lol:

Maggette never met a pass he liked.

Would like to see them feed Drummond in the post against someone like Allen. Give the kid some touches...:smh:

The Perk Punt play. At least we mixed it up this time and got him the ball moving. He still managed to turn it over though

Whats the longest time have the okc fans had to stand before a made bucket?
Probably during the Lakers series the first time we were in the playoffs. It seemed like we weren't scoring until about the 6 minutes mark, which because of commercials and ball stoppages, was probably over 15 minutes real time.

It's no biggie though, we stand most of the game anyways.

And the crowd is nowhere near as loud or excited as when James was here. It's an unfortunate fact none of my Thunder fan brethren who want to act like all is fine will admit. We turned like other city's fans too, showing up to the game late and ****. Same time, we have had a terrible schedule thus far at home, the Hawks are the only even playoff team yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom