Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celtics will be fine. Sullinger and Green are rawwwwwwwww....

Celtics need to rebuild and be a problem in 2 - 3 yrs. Might have to test Free Agency. Maybe we can land Ellis or Iggy.

Rondo is one of the 10 best players in the league.

Nothing about him is expendable

People forget Tony Parker had no jumper early in his career. Rondo with a jumper is hands down, without question, the best point guard in the league... without the jumper, still top 5.

No. I'm not trading him. Sorry.
It's not just that he has no jumper. It's the fact that he refuses to look for his own on offense, to the point where it's detrimental to the team.

I really like Rondo, his court vision/passing skills = HNNNGH

But in today's NBA, you can't be an effective PG if you add nothing to your team in the scoring department. When your PG isn't a threat to score it completely changes the way defenses play against you. It makes it harder for the other 4 guys on the team to operate. It's not like the 80s-90s where you ran everything through the post game. These days offense is usually initiated by perimeter players.

Parker didn't always have a jumper, but he would always put pressure on defenses with his ability to score off penetration. When you watch the Celtics play, Rondo doesn't even pretend to look for his own shot most of the game. And he doesn't get to the line either. He's a one-dimensional player on offense, the one dimension being passing.

Rondo is a brilliant passer, but as an overall offensive player he is expendable. In today's perimeter-oriented league, I would rather have my PG give me 7-8 assists + 15-18ppg, than 11 assists + 10-12ppg.

No matter how you slice it a point guard wih either of those stats is responsible for 30 to 34 points

I rather have a passing point guard cause at the end of the day thats the job description, if Rondo remains at the helm all of boston would be estatic

Only reason he was even in trade talks was because he has a bad attitude, drove ray allen away and started to drive doc rivers away dude was destroying the team
Sure on the boxscore they're responsible for X number of points, but it's not the same in the actual game impact.

If your PG isn't a threat to score, that's one less guy the defense has to worry about and now your team is playing 4v5 pretty much. And if you can't score or shoot FTs you're basically useless in late-game isolation situations. Bottomline your PG needs to be able to score to keep the defense honest.

:lol: Matter fact who am I telling, I know you're a Wiz fan. How much did the game open up for the man in your avy when teams started seeing that he was a threat to score?

Not saying the Celtics should get rid of Rondo. But dudes are saying he isn't expendable as if he's a franchise cornerstone with no holes in his game. If it came down to it, the Celts could move Rondo and it wouldn't be the worst thing it the world. If they rebuilt the right way Ithink they could still be contenders in the East.

Good point bro being a threat to score is a big thing, i am now enlightened

Not that many times NTers speak with good logic i applaud you bro repped

Rondo is one of the 10 best players in the league.

Nothing about him is expendable

People forget Tony Parker had no jumper early in his career. Rondo with a jumper is hands down, without question, the best point guard in the league... without the jumper, still top 5.

It's not just that he has no jumper. It's the fact that he refuses to look for his own on offense, to the point where it's detrimental to the team.

I really like Rondo, his court vision/passing skills = HNNNGH

But in today's NBA, you can't be an effective PG if you add nothing to your team in the scoring department. When your PG isn't a threat to score it completely changes the way defenses play against you. It makes it harder for the other 4 guys on the team to operate. It's not like the 80s-90s where you ran everything through the post game. These days offense is usually initiated by perimeter players.

Parker didn't always have a jumper, but he would always put pressure on defenses with his ability to score off penetration. When you watch the Celtics play, Rondo doesn't even pretend to look for his own shot most of the game. And he doesn't get to the line either. He's a one-dimensional player on offense, the one dimension being passing.

Rondo is a brilliant passer, but as an overall offensive player he is expendable. In today's perimeter-oriented league, I would rather have my PG give me 7-8 assists + 15-18ppg, than 11 assists + 10-12ppg.

No matter how you slice it a point guard wih either of those stats is responsible for 30 to 34 points

I rather have a passing point guard cause at the end of the day thats the job description, if Rondo remains at the helm all of boston would be estatic

Only reason he was even in trade talks was because he has a bad attitude, drove ray allen away and started to drive doc rivers away dude was destroying the team
Sure on the boxscore they're responsible for X number of points, but it's not the same in the actual game impact.

If your PG isn't a threat to score, that's one less guy the defense has to worry about and now your team is playing 4v5 pretty much. And if you can't score or shoot FTs you're basically useless in late-game isolation situations. Bottomline your PG needs to be able to score to keep the defense honest.

:lol: Matter fact who am I telling, I know you're a Wiz fan. How much did the game open up for the man in your avy when teams started seeing that he was a threat to score?

Not saying the Celtics should get rid of Rondo. But dudes are saying he isn't expendable as if he's a franchise cornerstone with no holes in his game. If it came down to it, the Celts could move Rondo and it wouldn't be the worst thing it the world. If they rebuilt the right way Ithink they could still be contenders in the East.

Good point bro being a threat to score is a big thing, i am now enlightened

Not that many times NTers speak with good logic i applaud you bro repped
Repped back, fellow Wiz fan :pimp:

I just remember how hard it was for Wall when he couldn't score. Everything opened up once he started hitting that shot. I'm actually a big fan of Rondo but it makes me mad that he doesn't try to improve in that area also

Last edited:
Celtics will be fine. Sullinger and Green are rawwwwwwwww....

Celtics need to rebuild and be a problem in 2 - 3 yrs. Might have to test Free Agency. Maybe we can land Ellis or Iggy.

Melo raw too. Giving a multi year deal to Iggy or Ellis would not be beneficial for a rebuilding franchise.

no parkers shot was never that bad.  u could never give him the type of space defenders give rondo.  and now lebron lol

Game time!

Laker fan & Lebron hater checkin in...

This is probably the most mixed emotion finals series I've watched to date :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom