Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best place for Dwight to go for himself is Houston because even if he flops Houston fans are used to it....Pippen, Barkley and David Carr

those were probably the worst analogies you could use to prove your point. we got pippen and barkley well past their primes. and it never was david carr who was the main problem, it was that we didn't have an offensive line to support him. can't judge him as a QB if he never had time to throw :lol:

Thats not how I remember Rockets fan talking about it before the season :lol:

And David Carr had an ok offensive line, he just had Chris Palmer and his horrible offensive schemes.....I think I remember his scheme was all 7 step drops :lol:

Dudes really in here trying to justify a damn near two year tantrum by Dwight? I've seen it all dudes really will say anything to try nd **** on Bron, if you really believe the way Dwight AND melo handled their exits wasn't worse than announcing AS A FREE ******G AGENT where you're going on tv nd donating millions to a boys and girls club you're delusional and hating just to hate

**** melo's greed is the reason the Knicks ain't winning **** now

But nah Bron's an evil a**hole lmaoo

Last edited:
people hate lebron so much that they wouldn't want him on their team when it could feasibly give them a legitimate chance at championships? oh....

I love lebron, but even if I hated him, I'd be ecstatic if he came to Houston. I think we'll use our money before 2014 though and hopefully on Dwight :smile:

I don't think doc will stay with Boston. He's having talks with other teams and trying to fight dudes half his age. Ainge and co will keep rondo because they'll need to build around him. Rivers to the clippers isn't bad because they'll be a legitimate contender for the chip and the lakers will have no choice but to peruse Phil all the way
roll.gif

for real man. 

Dudes really in here trying to justify a damn near two year tantrum by Dwight? I've seen it all dudes really will say anything to try nd **** on Bron, if you really believe the way Dwight AND melo handled their exits wasn't worse than announcing AS A FREE ******G AGENT where you're going on tv nd donating millions to a boys and girls club you're delusional and hating just to hate

**** melo's greed is the reason the Knicks ain't winning **** now

But nah Bron's an evil a**hole lmaoo

either you're a dwight/melo hater, or a lebron stan, youre really trying to justify "The decision" ? Okay.

either you're a dwight/melo hater, or a lebron stan, youre really trying to justify "The decision" ? Okay.

I don't get how people can full fledge act like "The Decision" wasn't a bad look. Yeah ok, we get it, the money was donated to charity (as if lebron never donated to charity before then) and yeah he's was free agent so he had every right to exercise his options and choose another team but you don't go on national television and slap your hometown in the face like that. He was a god there. That town never got anything good thrown there way like lebron James. I mean he had a chance to be a real life hero to those people and he sells them out. I don't care how many rings he gets with Miami, if he would've brought just one ring to Cleveland he would've never had to win another single accolade ever again, there would be no hate on lebron, nothing. We really would've "Witnessed" "The chosen one"

So it's a bad thing to be in the NBA "chasing championships"? If you're not "chasing championships", what are you actually doing? The singular goal in the NBA is to win the grand prize of an NBA title, with secondary goals being collecting individual accolades along the way that naturally come. Remember playing middle school/high school/college sports growing up, because it was fun and you wanted to win, and weren't getting paid for it, or is that a foreign concept to people on here?

So it's a bad thing to be in the NBA "chasing championships"? If you're not "chasing championships", what are you actually doing? The singular goal in the NBA is to win the grand prize of an NBA title, with secondary goals being collecting individual accolades along the way that naturally come. Remember playing middle school/high school/college sports growing up, because it was fun and you wanted to win, and weren't getting paid for it, or is that a foreign concept to people on here?

It depends on what type of players you are talking about

Elite players shouldn't have to "chase" rings they should be able to get people to come to them eventually.

There's obviously a little more respect to players who stuck it out....Jordan,Isiah,Hakeem, Robinson, Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Wade

"Stole one on the way out" This definitely applies to ray ray, bron brons not on his way out tho but you get the point

Elite players shouldn't have to "chase" rings they should be able to get people to come to them eventually.

There's obviously a little more respect to players who stuck it out....Jordan,Isiah,Hakeem, Robinson, Kobe, Duncan, Dirk, Wade

EXACTLY!

if you know who "durantula" is on #NT, tell him he's a f***boy
— Punjabae MC (@mrtonyali) June 23, 2013
i don't care what team you root for. not wanting lebron on your team because you don't like him is pure ignorance and stupidity
— Punjabae MC (@mrtonyali) June 23, 2013

Oh yes, jimmies have been rustled

that's do work son? :rofl:

feelings have been hurt! :lol:

That's definitely....do work son :lol:

Last edited:
Yes lebron had a choice and the one he made comes with backlash. Many including myself felt he took the easy way out, which in my mind can't be disputed. Many greats before lebron went ringless but are still great players. Just imagine dirk teaming up with prime duncan and mcgrady to get a ring. All respect would be lost from me. People try to justify it "o they took a pay cut" thats what makes it worse to me. Shouldve restructured his contract in cleveland to bring in talent if he didn't care about the money. He jus wanted to win a ring, even if selling out was the way. 1 ring in cleveland n they probably wouldve made him the new logo lol. I wouldn't even be mad either. A ring in cleveland> any amount in miami

Yes lebron had a choice and the one he made comes with backlash. Many including myself felt he took the easy way out, which in my mind can't be disputed. Many greats before lebron went ringless but are still great players. Just imagine dirk teaming up with prime duncan and mcgrady to get a ring. All respect would be lost from me. People try to justify it "o they took a pay cut" thats what makes it worse to me. Shouldve restructured his contract in cleveland to bring in talent if he didn't care about the money. He jus wanted to win a ring, even if selling out was the way. 1 ring in cleveland n they probably wouldve made him the new logo lol. I wouldn't even be mad either. A ring in cleveland> any amount in miami

EXACTLY!

How exactly did Kobe, Duncan, Wade, and to a lesser extent Jordan and Isiah "[stick] it out"? All of them either immediately won a championship, or won it in their 7th year, so even if none of them ever one a title again, they still would at least have one. So is 7 years the cutoff for when you're allowed to be respected as a whole in regards to winning a title? Seems like people just twist the arguments to fit whatever point they're trying to get across depending on the player. Is winning a title the following year after moving to a new team really that big of a deal?

And yea, i thought this was the regular NBA season thread instead of the Offseason thread, whoops.

Having a ring >>>>> having a where you prefer for the player to have won it. Would rather have a ring in my prime with a legit chance at more than to be on that same team 8 years later, no ring, and my GM shoving me out the door cause they don't have a use for me anymore.

Last edited:
Duncan, Kobe and Wade had lean years in their perspective places. Each of them toyed around with leaving but they stayed put.

And each of them still had a ring or some rings before their lean years. What where Duncan's lean years with the Spurs by the way, and when did he ever give the notion that he'd leave? I wouldn't hold me breathe for that answer. I'll give you Wade, cause the Heat definitely had some struggles. And would've had every right to leave if he wanted. But the opportunity to have Bosh and Lebron on the Heat? Hmmm, how long did it take for him to decide to stay put :rolleyes? Kobe was never gonna leave the Lakers, yet the Lakers front office were gonna do their damnest to make sure they did everything to have the right pieces around him. The greatest case for Kobe to leave LAL would be right now, but that wouldn't be under his own terms or reasons either.

I never had a problem with Lebron leaving it was all the theatrics that came with

Shaq left Orlando in the same fashion I don't remember a reality show for him

And each of them still had a ring or some rings before their lean years. What where Duncan's lean years with the Spurs by the way, and when did he ever give the notion that he'd leave? I wouldn't hold me breathe for that answer. I'll give you Wade, cause the Heat definitely had some struggles. And would've had every right to leave if he wanted. But the opportunity to have Bosh and Lebron on the Heat? Hmmm, how long did it take for him to decide to stay put :rolleyes? Kobe was never gonna leave the Lakers, yet the Lakers front office were gonna do their damnest to make sure they did everything to have the right pieces around him. The greatest case for Kobe to leave LAL would be right now, but that wouldn't be under his own terms or reasons either.

he was thinking of leaving 2000? when tmac and grant joined orl. doc and gabriel went all out to try and lure him and grant. duncan was very interested (he even said it later in his career that he was "REAL close") as robinson and elliot were nearing their end, and the attraction to play with grant (in his prime, he was a top 5 player) was a big key. i think they had the same agent and they were pretty close already. remember magic basically gave away their first rd draft picks and corey maggette cause they were betting on signing big time players.

Last edited:
Duncan was super close to leaving the Spurs you must not remember "Grant us Tim"

Duncan had a shaky supporting cast before Manu and Tony came into their own.

Wade got the supporting players to come him not the other way around.

Kobe had option to leave but he didn't and then when he really wanted to leave,he ulitmately stayed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom