Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you don't wan't arguably the best player on the planet to join our team because you hate the guy, but you'd rather "beat him with dwight+another player", even though dwight did pretty much the same thing lebron did if not worse. that doesn't sound a little ignorant to you?

I would be so torn if LeBron came to Houston... I'd actually dislike that move :/

I don't think doc will stay with Boston. He's having talks with other teams and trying to fight dudes half his age. Ainge and co will keep rondo because they'll need to build around him. Rivers to the clippers isn't bad because they'll be a legitimate contender for the chip and the lakers will have no choice but to peruse Phil all the way

you don't wan't arguably the best player on the planet to join our team because you hate the guy, but you'd rather "beat him with dwight+another player", even though dwight did pretty much the same thing lebron did if not worse. that doesn't sound a little ignorant to you?

Dwight did the same thing LeBron did? That is ignorant. Orlando said "you're signing this contract or we're trading you" when he wanted to finish out a season because he thought they could win. You're pressuring a 24 year old? kid into a situation that he shouldnt have to make. Orlando wasnt having any of that.

what a stupid argument, i dont like Lebron but hes the best damn player. id gladly take him on my team as much as i hate him :lol:

Dwight did the same thing LeBron did? That is ignorant. Orlando said "you're signing this contract or we're trading you" when he wanted to finish out a season because he thought they could win. You're pressuring a 24 year old? kid into a situation that he shouldnt have to make. Orlando wasnt having any of that.

dwight publicly demanded to be traded, and only listed the nets, mavs, and lakers as the teams he'd like to go to. he handcuffed the magic front office. then mid season he changed his mind, wanted to say and signed a deal saying he'd waive his early termination option and stay with the team. the very next season he started all that stuff up again demanding trades. he forced his way to be traded to the lakers.

he demanded the trade. they knew he wanted out, and that's why they put the ultimatum on the table. either you sign a deal to stay, or we're going to trade you and at least get something in return. they weren't going to let another franchise center walk away from them and leave them completely empty handed.

and he also had a big part in getting SVG fired too, all while claiming he had nothing to do with any of that.

dwight publicly demanded to be traded, and only listed the nets, mavs, and lakers as the teams he'd like to go to. he handcuffed the magic front office. then mid season he changed his mind, wanted to say and signed a deal saying he'd waive his early termination option and stay with the team. the very next season he started all that stuff up again demanding trades. he forced his way to be traded to the lakers.

he demanded the trade. they knew he wanted out, and that's why they put the ultimatum on the table. either you sign a deal to stay, or we're going to trade you and at least get something in return. they weren't going to let another franchise center walk away from them and leave them completely empty handed.

and he also had a big part in getting SVG fired too, all while claiming he had nothing to do with any of that.

And after that trade they had the worst record in the league. I would say they came out somewhat empty handed. If they dont put that ultimatum on the table, then ya, I would call dwight a big ***** boy too. But they did, they forced a kid to make a decision that he shouldnt have had to made. And then ended up trading him the next year anyways. Anyways, I think we could win without LeBron, add dwight plus a solid 3rd option and we could run the league for the next few years. Minus a player that I dont like, as I said its personal preference and there is nothing wrong with wanting the opposite.

It's obvious that Dwight pretty much had his way with the Magic front office and he didnt improve his image with what he did but lebron had a prime time special announcing where he was going. That's more diva than 90's Mariah

lebron raised money for charity with his descion tho 
nthat.gif

lebron raised money for charity with his descion tho 
nthat.gif
but it aint about the kids doe its about the fans of the teams he didnt choose lol. I like how every body forgets that he raised money for the boys and girls club and that espn was riding shotgun with him till the fans went 
mad.gif
 then it was open season 

And after that trade they had the worst record in the league. I would say they came out somewhat empty handed. If they dont put that ultimatum on the table, then ya, I would call dwight a big ***** boy too. But they did, they forced a kid to make a decision that he shouldnt have had to made. And then ended up trading him the next year anyways. Anyways, I think we could win without LeBron, add dwight plus a solid 3rd option and we could run the league for the next few years. Minus a player that I dont like, as I said its personal preference and there is nothing wrong with wanting the opposite.

the magic got back Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga and a bunch of draft picks. that's much better than getting nothing in return IMO. and like i said, they put that decision in front of him because he demanded a trade. he wasn't staying in orlando and made it very well known.

i think you're mistaking the timeline of events. dwight demanded the trade first. then midseason he said he'd stay for another year. then in his last season, he started demanding trades all over again and the magic had no idea whether he was going to resign with them or leave. if you were the magic, what do you do in that situation? sit on your hands and wait to see what dwight does, or take the initiative? they gave him the ultimatum, then traded him.

the magic got back Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga and a bunch of draft picks. that's much better than getting nothing in return IMO. and like i said, they put that decision in front of him because he demanded a trade. he wasn't staying in orlando and made it very well known.

i think you're mistaking the timeline of events. dwight demanded the trade first. then midseason he said he'd stay for another year. then in his last season, he started demanding trades all over again and the magic had no idea whether he was going to resign with them or leave. if you were the magic, what do you do in that situation? sit on your hands and wait to see what dwight does, or take the initiative? they gave him the ultimatum, then traded him.

Id put his *** up for trade for any team, but they made **** 10x worse by putting the sign or get traded deal.

Id put his *** up for trade for any team, but they made **** 10x worse by putting the sign or get traded deal.

the thing is, no other team was going to trade for him when he publicly said he only wanted to go to 3 teams. sure they could offer him to any of the team's in the league, but no one would give them anything worth a damn because they knew he wouldn't resign once they traded for him. they had no choice because they were backed into a corner, by dwight himself.

the thing is, no other team was going to trade for him when he publicly said he only wanted to go to 3 teams. sure they could offer him to any of the team's in the league, but no one would give them anything worth a damn because they knew he wouldn't resign once they traded for him. they had no choice because they were backed into a corner, by dwight himself.

And they responded by backing him into a corner. Wasnt there a trade in place for if he didnt sign the contract? They knew the same **** was going to happen in a year, if they didnt want to put up with it, they could have traded him.

And they responded by backing him into a corner. Wasnt there a trade in place for if he didnt sign the contract? They knew the same **** was going to happen in a year, if they didnt want to put up with it, they could have traded him.

they wanted to keep him first and foremost. they were going to try and trade him the year before but he had a midseason change of heart and waived his option to opt out of his contract and stayed one more year. that's where things got really rocky for the magic. he appeared on the fence, and they weren't sure anymore if he was resigning or leaving and they were running out of time and options.

"Wasnt there a trade in place for if he didnt sign the contract?" - i'm not sure what you're asking here. no team trying to trade for him had any guarantee he would resign with them. that's the predicament the lakers are in now.

they wanted to keep him first and foremost. they were going to try and trade him the year before but he had a midseason change of heart and waived his option to opt out of his contract and stayed one more year. that's where things got really rocky for the magic. he appeared on the fence, and they weren't sure anymore if he was resigning or leaving and they were running out of time and options.

"Wasnt there a trade in place for if he didnt sign the contract?" - i'm not sure what you're asking here. no team trying to trade for him had any guarantee he would resign with them. that's the predicament the lakers are in now.

Im just saying, that if there was a trade in place, which Im pretty sure there was (not 100%), that they could have traded him, and voila no more dwightmare. They chose to stick it out with him, then put him through/went through the same bs the next year up until they traded him

I think the best place for Dwight to go for himself is Houston because even if he flops Houston fans are used to it....Pippen, Barkley and David Carr

I think the best place for Dwight to go for himself is Houston because even if he flops Houston fans are used to it....Pippen, Barkley and David Carr

those were probably the worst analogies you could use to prove your point. we got pippen and barkley well past their primes. and it never was david carr who was the main problem, it was that we didn't have an offensive line to support him. can't judge him as a QB if he never had time to throw :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom