Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Memphis has the best team in the NBA. By far. If they don't win the whole thing this year I don't think they ever will.

Miami vs Memphis finals would be fun :pimp:

Shut up. :lol:

And you asked why people called you a homer.

If by 66 wins you mean that, sure, Bayless could be MVP for all I care.

It's really about Marc though. :pimp:

Shut up.
laugh.gif

And you asked why people called you a homer.

If by 66 wins you mean that, sure, Bayless could be MVP for all I care.

It's really about Marc though.
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Its going to be weird hearing "Zach Randolph - MVP candidate" if he keeps this up and the team keeps winning. :lol:

:pimp: :pimp:

Props to the Grizzlies organization for putting a good team on the floor in recent seasons.

Theres a lot of good teams in the NBA this season.

Boston, New York, Miami, Memphis, Lakers, Clips, etc etc

Should be a fun season :pimp:

I found it.

Gortat for Avery Bradley and Courtney Lee
Gortat and Kendall Marshall for Tobias Harris, John Henson and Drew Gooden
Gortat for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb and a first-round pick in 2013
Gortat for Meyers Leonard, J.J. Hickson and a first-round pick in 2013 (no lottery protection)
Gortat for Austin Rivers and Al-Farouq Aminu

I found it.

Gortat for Meyers Leonard, J.J. Hickson and a first-round pick in 2013 (no lottery protection)
The first two are laughable 

I found it.

This is pretty intriguing. But Perk cant run the pick and roll. It would be interesting to see how effective Jeremy Lamb could be if he was actually given minutes.

I dont like the Austin Rivers and Al-Farouq Aminu trade, because Aminu plays the same position as one of their better players in Beasley

I found it.

I really don't see how getting Gortat on the Celtics get them any better because they would be losing so much defensively in the back-court.

Not sure what Gortat does for the Bucks either, considering they have Dalembert. Not that he's worse than Dalembert, but that's super redundant, and he isn't that much of an improvement that you are a much better team. Kendall is nice, but again, what about BJ?

The Thunder trade could make a lot of sense right now, but if Kevin Martin goes away, that's a huge loss. Absolutely no bench. You'd have Russ, Thabo, KD, Serge, Gortat, Maynor, Thabeet and PJ3. :lol:

The Blazers trade would be great if Roy was still on the Blazers and had a good pair of knees. That isn't the case. They aren't in a win-now mode, no deal.

Gortat and Davis would be nice, and I'm not really a fan of Austin, so I guess that's alright.

How about Gortat stays in Phoenix. He gets to play with LeGoran Dragic. (Who is averaging 17 pts, 7 assists, and 3 rebounds)

Phoenix is a scoring wing away from being consistently competitive.

I look at the Suns' roster and think to myself "Is this it?" :lol:

They're just a collection of good to decent players with little to no long-term upside.

I look at the Suns' roster and think to myself "Is this it?" :lol:
They're just a collection of good to decent players with little to no long-term upside.

Dragic, scola, and Gortat are legit starters in the NBA. Jared Dudley is good, but he isn't a starter. And you don't know what you're going to get night in and night out from Beasley, which has been the problem.

Dragic, scola, and Gortat are legit starters in the NBA. Jared Dudley is good, but he isn't a starter. And you don't know what you're going to get night in and night out from Beasley, which has been the problem.
No doubt, but it's just the team as a whole is "lackluster" for lack of a better word. I have no idea where this team is going in the next two to three years.

How about Gortat stays in Phoenix. He gets to play with LeGoran Dragic. (Who is averaging 17 pts, 7 assists, and 3 rebounds)
Phoenix is a scoring wing away from being consistently competitive.

And a lifetime away from a Championship. That's the goal. If you're not in position to win, it really doesn't matter. There is no identity to that team right now, and that's not good.

Last edited:
2/3's of the NBA is "a lifetime away" from a championship.

Exactly, but that doesn't mean that they should stay the course. Look at the Lakers. They continually tweak. Even the reigning champs tweaked their roster quite a bit from last year. You can't sit on your *** and expect a Championship.

The Pistons tried to stand still after winning. They are now one of the worst franchises of the past few years.

^ you do realize this is year one w/o Nash. It's safe to say the Suns franchise is in full "tweak." They could have had a healthy Eric Gordon on their roster.

Off the top of my head, the Suns should have plenty of cap space.

But they have no foundation player.

No Love, no Alridge, no Wall, no Davis, no Cousins.

Even if they had Gordon healthy, which is absurdly laughable, he's still not a cornerstone player.

Last edited:
But they have no foundation player.

No Love, no Alridge, no Wall, no Davis, no Cousins.

Even if they had Gordon healthy, which is absurdly laughable, he's still not a cornerstone player.
Foundations player = Cousins 
grin.gif

nthat.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom