Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't make sense to take on Gasol's contract when they have larry sanders.

they would play both.

Bucks:
Jennings
Monta
Dunleavy
Sanders
Gasol

Lakers:
Nash
Mamba
Peace
Ersan
Howard

It was reported that Skiles offered Larry Sanders the opportunity to start, but he said that he doesnt want to, and would rather come off the bench. Either way, he is killing this year

they'd be taking on $20M on a 32 year old player. and then there's still the option of re-signing jennings at the end of the season. IMO, it doesn't make sense for the bucks. small market teams aren't trying to spend that bread on declining players
add to that you'd be dumping young talent for no real reason at all. if Ersan has permanent "odomitis" you have a 21 year PF waiting in the wings. you can trade Ersan for picks, not a mentally fragile-32 year old veteran

true but looks like the Bucks don't even want Jennings back. They'll probably try to trade him by the deadline or something.

Has he really burned his bridges out there or something? He can come to Indy if he wants! But I see him going to one of the bottom feeder teams with a good amount of cap room. He could go to the Orlando Magic, start over Jameer Nelson and give that team a major upgrade in talent.

A lineup of

Jennings
Afflalo
Harkless
Glen Davis
Vuicic

with Reddick coming off the bench

would beat alot of good teams.

His shooting percentages are down, but JJ Reddick has been outstanding this year, putting up 14 and 5 off the bench, he has to be a 6th man of the year candidate right?

Last edited:
the thing with jennings, is he a max player? he is trying to get the best deal, there wont be a discount for milwaukee, especially since they arent even that successful with him.

Jennings really isn't all that much of an upgrade of jameer

I'm actually a Jameer fan (another of of the mediocre players I love). I feel like he can be very good in the right system with players around him, but he can never be the man, however if you put him on a team where he has athletic wings to dish to he can really help. Jennings has the ability to be the go to scorer for a team, and when focused is a pretty good creator.

Jameer has already peaked, while i'm not fan of Jennings he has a great upside

Last edited:
Dirk will be with the team on the upcoming road trip, but that's just an indication that he's increasing his work load, and will likely hit the practice court again soon.

As I thought before, would be surprised if he hits the court prior to the 19th.

I give it up to Stern and the NBA quite often.

Except when it comes to naming teams. Some of the worst and out of character names are part of the NBA. Memphis Grizzlies, Utah Jazz, etc.

I blame the Lakers for this mess. If they had changed their name when moving from MN, everyone else would have as well.

With the change to the Pelicans, the colors will be navy, red, and gold based on the Lousiana flag

The Hornets also considered the nicknames Krewe (groups of costumed paraders in the annual Mardi Gras carnival in New Orleans) and Brass. Yahoo! Sports
roll.gif

I give it up to Stern and the NBA quite often.
Except when it comes to naming teams. Some of the worst and out of character names are part of the NBA. Memphis Grizzlies, Utah Jazz, etc.
I blame the Lakers for this mess. If they had changed their name when moving from MN, everyone else would have as well.

The Jazz name made sense when it was originally selected, when the team was playing in New Orleans. It was the move to Utah that made it out of character. Its pretty much the same with the Lakers. If you really think about it, Los Angeles Lakers doesn't make much sense -- there's no lakes in LA. But it worked fine when the team was in Minneapolis.

Dirk will be with the team on the upcoming road trip, but that's just an indication that he's increasing his work load, and will likely hit the practice court again soon.
As I thought before, would be surprised if he hits the court prior to the 19th.

Hopefully this is the case. Would be great to see Dirk and OJ start to develop some type of chemistry while it's still early in the season. String together some wins with Dirk on the floor, and stay in playoff contention.

If Dirk comes back and plays like he did towards the end of last season and OJ continues to provide offense, potential darkhorse squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom