Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OJ messed up his hand, Dirk's knee, West outburst......
Only a matter of time before Kaman has something, and then there's still Elton Brand's corpse to deal with.
Yep, Cuban really showin the world how it's done.
:lol: just read what you just posted and tell me what Cuban could have done to prevent or made things better? haters gon' hate

Only a matter of time before Kaman has something, and then there's still Elton Brand's corpse to deal with.

What exactly do you want? Who's been sitting here all off season gloating that the Mavs are contenders? Who's said Donnie Nelson is the executive of the year?

Get that garbage out of here. :lol:

:lol: just read what you just posted and tell me what Cuban could have done to prevent or made things better? haters gon' hate

The **** do I hate about the Dallas Mavs of all teams? :lol:

My point was in reference to Cubes tellin folks how the 04 Lakers ain't work out and what not, cuz ya know, he knows so much about winning in the NBA, that he dismantled his team from 2011 to sign 2 specific players, and neither player joined his team, so he went on pickin up retreads to try and work a miracle, and we ain't even hit the season yet and you can see the issues they about to run into already.

My comment got zero to do with hate, and more along the lines of a running conversation that I've popped in and out of this thread with.

The **** do I hate about the Dallas Mavs of all teams? :lol:
My point was in reference to Cubes tellin folks how the 04 Lakers ain't work out and what not, cuz ya know, he knows so much about winning in the NBA, that he dismantled his team from 2011 to sign 2 specific players, and neither player joined his team, so he went on pickin up retreads to try and work a miracle, and we ain't even hit the season yet and you can see the issues they about to run into already.
My comment got zero to do with hate, and more along the lines of a running conversation that I've popped in and out of this thread with.

OJ Mayo got a cut on his hand, which is absolutely minor at worst. Whether he pans out or not, that's what is worth discussion, not a little papercut on his pinkie.

Dirk having a knee issue is big, yes, but what's that got to do with Cuban?

And Delonte West? A bench player? Why not talk about Darren Collison? He's the only PG on the roster worth talking about. Delonte is a good player off the bench. If he isn't with us, whatever. You act like he's going to cause us to implode.

And you're already acting like we're imploding, when we've only played three pre-season games. :lol: :lol:

You want to go ahead and say we're doomed after we lose game one of eighty-two against yall in two weeks, fine. But don't bring up this crap about Delonte West and a booboo on Mayo's hand and blaming it on Cuban.

Just because Cuban didn't get what he wanted, just because we can't attract superstars like Los Angeles can have fall in their lap, doesn't mean he's a bad owner.

The Mavericks are one of only a few franchises to make something of themselves post-Jordan that already weren't an established franchise. When you have the legacy of the Lakers or Celtics, guys will come play for you. Pistons, Heat, Mavericks, and Spurs are the only teams in the post-Jordan era that have won outside of Boston and LA. That's a small group.

There's no shame in what Cuban has done, I don't know what you're trying to prove. That Deron and Dwight aren't in Dallas? Cool. We all know.

Man **** the Lakers

OJ Mayo got a cut on his hand, which is absolutely minor at worst. Whether he pans out or not, that's what is worth discussion, not a little papercut on his pinkie.
Dirk having a knee issue is big, yes, but what's that got to do with Cuban?
And Delonte West? A bench player? Why not talk about Darren Collison? He's the only PG on the roster worth talking about. Delonte is a good player off the bench. If he isn't with us, whatever. You act like he's going to cause us to implode.
And you're already acting like we're imploding, when we've only played three pre-season games. :lol: :lol:
You want to go ahead and say we're doomed after we lose game one of eighty-two against yall in two weeks, fine. But don't bring up this crap about Delonte West and a booboo on Mayo's hand and blaming it on Cuban.
Just because Cuban didn't get what he wanted, just because we can't attract superstars like Los Angeles can have fall in their lap, doesn't mean he's a bad owner.
The Mavericks are one of only a few franchises to make something of themselves post-Jordan that already weren't an established franchise. When you have the legacy of the Lakers or Celtics, guys will come play for you. Pistons, Heat, Mavericks, and Spurs are the only teams in the post-Jordan era that have won outside of Boston and LA. That's a small group.
There's no shame in what Cuban has done, I don't know what you're trying to prove. That Deron and Dwight aren't in Dallas? Cool. We all know.

You sir defend your team with honor :lol:

If i was a fan of another team, I definitely wouldn't mind Cuban as an owner, hes passionate as an owner and a fan of his team. HOWEVER, as a Laker fan, the way he constantly cant keep us out his mouth and acts like a jealous little girl to us is mad annoying. hence why we dislike the mutha******. too bad, i actually like the dallas team, but i want them to fail just cuz of cuban

Man **** the Lakers

They been doing it to themselves the last 2 seasons.

8-1 record in the 2nd round.

Plus I know most of yall heard this.

"I got a question earlier about whose team this is. I don't want to get into the, 'Well, we share ...' No, it's my team."

- Beandip

But we all KNOW kome gonna kome. He wont take any of the blame when they 3peat (back2back2back 2nd round exits) this year.

Cryant will go to the media to cry and complain about Superman's backs, Gasol not shooting, or nash being done with injury mid season.

Also Mike Brown still coaches this team.

Last edited:
That Mike Brown bit at the end of your post is the only part I'm thinking about when it comes to worries for the Lakers.

laugh.gif
 Kome Cryant 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]3peat (back2back2back 2nd round exits)[/color]

Man **** the Lakers

"I got a question earlier about whose team this is. I don't want to get into the, 'Well, we share ...' No, it's my team."

- Beandip

But we all KNOW kome gonna kome. He wont take any of the blame when they 3peat (back2back2back 2nd round exits) this year.

Cryant will go to the media to cry and complain about Superman's backs, Gasol not shooting, or nash being done with injury mid season.

:lol:  Kome Cryant 

:lol: :lol:  3peat (back2back2back 2nd round exits)

Last edited:

- Beandip

I'll admit, that was kind of funny. :lol:

Ever since Mavs won the title Cuban has proceeded to:

1. Dismantle the title team in hopes of pairing Dirk up with either Dwight or Deron in the future
2. ***** and whine to David Stern along with Dan Gilber about the CP3 to Lakers trade, leading to the veto AND on top of that seemingly rob the Lakers of Lamar Odom for nothing. (Ironically, that botched trade directly set up this summer of Lakers getting both Dwight AND Nash..OOH that one had to hurt Marky)
3. Lamar ***** on the entire city of Dallas, then leaves the Dallas airport with a Lakers shirt. Team struggles all year to defend the title and gets swept in the first round.
4. Talks of maybe reuniting Nash with his buddy Dirk...oops Lakers got him for the Odom trade exception. How'd Odom work out for you again Mark?
5. Single handedly destroyed any chance of getting Deron by being in LA filming shark tank of all things while he could've and shouldve tried to persuade Deron to join the Mavs. If I was a Mavs fan Id be HEATED but now i just think it's hilarious :lol:
6."But it's okay! We still have Jason Kidd!..Oh wait.."
7."But it's okay! We'll just wait until Dwight leaves Orl next summer and signs with us!...Oh wait"
8."But it's okay Lakers super team won't work because they havent in the past! Nevermind that I tried so desperately trying to build the same thing! I actually PURPOSELY MEANT to fail to sign any superstars but just wait...OJ's gonna turn into a superstar!"
9." BUT BUT BUT"...*pulls trigger*
10. shark tank

Starting in 2014 do the Mavs have any money on the books? I mean, like anything?

So - I don't really fault Cuban right now. 2011 Mavs caught some breaks and repeating with or without Chandler was unlikely. He did swing and miss with the Dwight & Deron plan..but at least he didn't panic and take on bad contracts. If you're not landing the elite guys you better at least keep things flexible

Ever since Mavs won the title Cuban has proceeded to:
1. Dismantle the title team in hopes of pairing Dirk up with either Dwight or Deron in the future
2. ***** and whine to David Stern along with Dan Gilber about the CP3 to Lakers trade, leading to the veto AND on top of that seemingly rob the Lakers of Lamar Odom for nothing. (Ironically, that botched trade directly set up this summer of Lakers getting both Dwight AND Nash..OOH that one had to hurt Marky)
3. Lamar ***** on the entire city of Dallas, then leaves the Dallas airport with a Lakers shirt. Team struggles all year to defend the title and gets swept in the first round.
4. Talks of maybe reuniting Nash with his buddy Dirk...oops Lakers got him for the Odom trade exception. How'd Odom work out for you again Mark?
5. Single handedly destroyed any chance of getting Deron by being in LA filming shark tank of all things while he could've and shouldve tried to persuade Deron to join the Mavs. If I was a Mavs fan Id be HEATED but now i just think it's hilarious :lol:
6."But it's okay! We still have Jason Kidd!..Oh wait.."
7."But it's okay! We'll just wait until Dwight leaves Orl next summer and signs with us!...Oh wait"
8."But it's okay Lakers super team won't work because they havent in the past! Nevermind that I tried so desperately trying to build the same thing! I actually PURPOSELY MEANT to fail to sign any superstars but just wait...OJ's gonna turn into a superstar!"
9." BUT BUT BUT"...*pulls trigger*
10. shark tank

:lol: .

I just don't get it. Really don't.

There was never going to be a victory for the Mavericks. If we would've kept Kidd/JET and the rest of the championship crew, we would've been called old. If we would've signed Tyson they would've said we were stupid for tying up so much of our money in a one-dimensional player. If we got Deron, we didn't get Dwight. If we don't Dwight, we didn't get Deron. If we got both, we wouldn't have the supporting cast.

Say we re-signed all our guys. But Dirk is still hurt. At least right now, we have young guys we can churn along like OJ Mayo, Darren Collison, Dominique Jones, and Jae Crowder. Are any of those guys going to be Superstars? All-Stars? No. Hell, the other two are just prospects. But even if we had Tyson Chandler/JJ Barea/Jason Kidd/Jason Terry, without Dirk, they would be a terrible team. But this way, we have no financial entanglements. Cuban took the new CBA to heart, he seems to be the owner who it has most affected in terms of how he's doing business. He's not giving Chris Kaman a five year deal. Or OJ Mayo for that matter.

Lamar Odom was a mistake. But that was a gamble. We didn't lose anything other than a roster spot by having him on the team. He was a non-factor both on-and-off the court. There were no locker room controversies. He just doesn't have it anymore, until further notice. We traded him before we got tangled up too much with his salary. But it didn't set us back years like something like Erick Dampier might've.

We let Tyson, JJ, DeShawn, and JET go. Kidd walked voluntarily. Tyson won DPOY last year because of what he started in New Orleans and Dallas, but he didn't change the mentality of the team defensively like he did in Dallas. JJ Barea was injured last year. DeShawn, a great individual defender, was a non-factor. JET is heading to greener pastures, and it was just time to part ways. Kidd was terrible last year, and Dallas was lucky to get out of that alive.

OJ Mayo, Darren Collison, Elton Brand, and Chris Kaman aren't guys that are going to make us years better. No. Yet considering what the team could've looked like? It's not terrible. It has the potential to be decent, but it's not like we'll turn into the Portland Trailblazers in terms of attitude, or be financially hindered like the Detroit Pistons were. One-year deals for all those guys.

Either way, whether we had the Championship crew, Deron, Dwight, or the guys we got now; If we don't have a healthy Dirk, it's all pretty much a non-factor. Cuban and Donnie did what they could considering the hand they were dealt.

And just for discussion, I don't know why Elton Brand is always getting dissed. He's a shell of his former offensive-self, yes, but he was an excellent defender last year.

Starting in 2014 do the Mavs have any money on the books? I mean, like anything?
So - I don't really fault Cuban right now. 2011 Mavs caught some breaks and repeating with or without Chandler was unlikely. He did swing and miss with the Dwight & Deron plan..but at least he didn't panic and take on bad contracts. If you're not landing the elite guys you better at least keep things flexible

That's what I don't get the Cuban bashing. We didn't tie ourselves up in Erick Dampier/Gana Diop/Jerry Stackhouse/Raef LaFrentz contracts.

Dirk and Marion have two more years. No one else on the roster has more than 4 million tied to them after 2014. Even after this year, the only guarunteed money we have on anyone is Marion and Dirk. Marion is at least still a good player defensively, and Dirk isn't 07 Dirk, but he's still better than 75% of the League.

We don't really have a direction if OJ Mayo and Darren Collison fails, but you can't fault them for trying.

Cuban clowned himself. Period. That was my point. Dude runs his mouth non stop but tore down his team after finally getting what you aspire to get to. Dumb.

Allen does have a point about not taking on Melo/Amare type contracts (sorry I used the Knicks, but they whiffed on Bron, and then um, gave those 2 deals, and uh, well, you already know) so yes, Cuban wiffed on his 2 prizes, but didn't do the big contract thing, so yes, I will give him that. However, Dirk won't help in 2014, so you're talkin COMPLETE rebuild at that point. As in like 12 guys.

Is Cube gonna have the balls to move Dirk and start the process with big time picks? :nerd:

That's what we're talkin here, unless he's going to try another round of free agent spending sprees in 2014. Not a single player on the roster to build around 2 years from now, so it is a legit question, would he move Dirk? Would Dallas accept that? JA?

As for the sucker comin thru with Zo like jokes, names, back to back and all that, I wonder how he even know what back to back means? Ain't never seen his squad do it. The Lakers tho, the team he is so desperately jealous of, done it multiple times the past decade. While stompin their foot up the ***** of the spurs the whole time too. So yeah, stay with them female names and gettin ages wrong on players, players like a year older than Duncan bright guy. :lol:

Maybe yall are upset because he was vocal about trading CP3 to the Lakers. Whatever. :lol:

Dude, Cuban talks about the Lakers more than he does the Mavs. I could care less about CP3 stuff or any of that. He ALWAYS has somethin to say about us. Phil, CP3, LO, 04, this year's team, etc etc etc. Cuban and doo are the same type. Think about that a minute. :lol:

Would now be a good time to tell that ************ that it's 1-8 in the second round, not 8-1? He can't even talk **** properly? Should I bring that up, or let it slide?

****** stupid.

The Lakers are awesome, we beat the spurs in the playoffs every time we play them. We're 1-4 vs them in the playoffs since Phl got here. Yaaaaay!!!!

:lol: :rofl:

Maybe yall are upset because he was vocal about trading CP3 to the Lakers. Whatever.
laugh.gif
this is why i call him a clown now. because if he was able to trade for a star he would be pissed off if anyone blocked it. he was crying because his team wasn't getting cp3.

i understand what cuban did in the offseason he got enough talent to still be able to get in the playoffs after he lost out on the big names(thats more then the clown *** rockets can say). but what do you want to bottom out and get a high draft pick and still have cap space or get a 6-8th seed and 1st round exit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom