Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royce White is a rookie. He has no say how the rockets are to deal with him.
Rockets have done EVERYTHING they can to help this lame. No other team will waste their time.

Of course he has a say. His health is his number one priority as it should be. And yes the Rockets have been accommodating, but those panic attacks/anxiety disorder is deathly real. It's a wonder Royce has made it this far in life with his condition...his mind is literally his worse enemy.

That video right there let me know his condition wasn't a joke.

Rookie contracts are guaranteed. Seems to me Royce figured it just might be best for him to just take as much money as he can before bowing out.

Sad thing is White is actually an extremely talented player, I understand why the Rockets have been so patient with him.

It'll be a shame if his NBA career can't work out.

Damn we was one of the teams trying to get Cook. You would think Conley's dad (Cook's agent) could've got him here. :lol:

For his sake and others like him, I hope he and the Rockets can figure something out.

“@themandragon: #ThatAwkwardMoment when @highway_30 finally is "healthy" enough to ride a plane and crashes & only he dies" #BeWell friend..
— Royce White (@Highway_30) January 6, 2013
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@rck not funny.

Just wish Royce White leaves the NBA for good.

Last edited:
I don't feel bad for Royce at all after all his nonsense on twitter. Nothing like making yourself the 100% victim when your team was firmly behind you and went out of their way to accommodate you. Kick rocks.

Since you're a Rockets fan, can you shed light on this?
What's the deal? Who's really to blame?
The extent of my understanding of the issue is that Royce and the Rockets were working together to resolve his problem. Then out of nowhere dude goes on Twitter and ***** on the Rockets.
Rockets then assign him to the D-League and he doesn't want to go. Now he's suspended?
That sums it up?

I think some others touched on it, but that's pretty much it. McHale and the Rockets were fully aware of his condition and took a chance on him. They even agreed on the whole busing to visiting games thing. His tweets and interviews around that time even correlated with things going smoothly. I remember the rotation was in flux a bit, so they were gonna send him to the D league for a bit (I think with Motijunes, and Machado), and that's when something just...happened. That was about the time were he started saying they weren't being sensitive to his illness and other stuff like that. And of course his twitter white knights were just firing off at anyone remotely being critical of him, even though they barely knew at all what was going on, they were just following the other sheep and latching on to everything Royce was saying. I'm still puzzled on why he wasn't even at the home games early on though.

On Royce and the Rockets..

Anxiety disorders and mental health issues shouldn't be taken lightly and go beyond "not liking flying" or getting nervous. They're serious medical conditions that deserve care and attention.

With that in mind, it doesn't mean you're given a free pass and deserve every single thing catered to your liking. He's apart of an organization and realistically he'd have to make an effort to be apart of it. Wasn't he skipping home practices as well? And taking to Twitter and interviews to complain isn't always fair to the Rockets when it doesn't appear they're being cruel to him. Being demoted to the D-League isn't an insult to his mental health. 

I don't know what Royce wants in a perfect world and chances are he won't ever get it. If he's willing to walk away from the NBA because he doesn't feel comfortable and safe, then honestly good for him. But the danger is this fiasco might cause those in similar situations to be quiet and keep their health issues quiet. 

Last edited:
Royce wants to rewrite his contract to include whatever special protocols he's come up with...which goes against the CBA.

Last edited:
Who in the league can use Maynor? He's out of the rotation. He doesn't get 2nd team minutes anymore, literally only mopup minutes. He can't make floaters anymore, can't defend anyone (never could but it;s REALLY bad now), can't really penetrate his man so uses the entire shotclock navigating screens and rescreens to try to get an advantage to make a play, and is shooting career lows from everywhere except fts. Obviously, he is recovering from an ACL injury and 2 yrs ago was considered the or one of the best backups in the league and had a tremendous turnover to assist ratio. He is in the last yr of his rookie deal so minimal financial commitment and no gamble long term if you don't like him.

If I had my way, although I know there's less than 0% chance this happens, I'd send him anywhere for cash or a 2nd rd pick to clear a roster spot, sign Delonte West AND Kenyon Martin, and go to war. Then whether of not we get to do a Gortat or A.V trade, I'm not mad at the versatility in lineups now. We can go small, big, long, athletic, angry- any type of lineup you want to create.

The Cavs have to be encouraged with Tristan Thompson's play of late with Anderson Varejao out. In his last ten games, he's averaging 12.9 PPG (51% FG%) and 12.5 RPG in a shade under 36 MPG (35.6 to be exact).

It might make trading away Varejao easier.

Last edited:
Woj was just on The Chris Mannix Show.

Summary of what he said:

Dwight Howard wants the ball more in the post. More touches down low will get him more engaged defensively.
The Lakers only trade asset is Pau Gasol and he's not a fit in Mike D'Antoni's offense.
The Grizzlies have been shopping Rudy Gay hard the past couple of weeks because of luxury tax concerns.
Some people within the Grizzlies organization view themselves as the Hawks of the Western Conference.
Royce White may end up getting a buy-out from the Rockets and play elsewhere. He's heard Royce is not practicing or keeping himself in condition. He may never play a minute in the NBA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom