Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can put the clamps on LBJ and score the way he did last night as well as get Dwight almost 18-22+touches that will be another easy victory for yall. Of course the bench has to show up as well. Guess that "Come to Jesus" moment that PJ was yapping about is starting to happen right now. :lol:

Both LA teams facing each other in the postseason is what I want. It almost went down back in 2006.

Would you like him to sale popcorn while he was at it too??? :smh:

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure no one on this planet is "locking up" (what does that even look like?) LeBron James one-on-one.

I don't understand why some of you are still responding to that dude quick, everything he says are pure rubbish :lol:

Steph and his ankles :smh:

J-Smoove's agents chats with Danny Ferry: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/k...peaks-with-ferry-stops-short-of-trade-request

Josh Smith's agent spoke with Hawks general manager Danny Ferry Wednesday to discuss what he characterized as "a lot of frustration" with the team's recent spiral, but stopped short of making a trade request.

"As far as moving forward and whatever changes will be made, that's more so management's job to field those calls and make the decisions they feel like are best to move forward," Smith's agent, Wallace Prather, told CBSSports.com.

While Prather made it clear that Smith is concerned about how the once-hot Hawks have rolled over in losing six of their last seven games and seven out of nine, neither he nor his client has asked for a trade. Smith will be an unrestricted free agent after the season, and barring an unlikely departure from Los Angeles for Dwight Howard or Chris Paul, would be among the top players on the unrestricted market.

"I do know there are teams interested," Prather said.

The Hawks face a dilemma with Smith, whose love-hate relationship with playing his entire NBA career thus far in his hometown of Atlanta will be put to the ultimate test if the Hawks continue to struggle. Smith's $13.2 million falls off the Hawks' books after the season, into an already massive abyss of cap space that the team has cleared to revamp the roster after trading high-priced All-Star Joe Johnson to the Nets.

Teams with such room and flexibility -- including the likes of the Cavaliers, Mavericks, Bucks and Jazz -- are beginning to examine the potential free-agent options and reconsider their strategies. Unless Ferry were able to land either Paul or Howard this summer -- a long shot in both cases, even though Howard, too, is from Atlanta -- someone in his position might decide it's best to parlay assets into players now.

Among the teams that would appeal to Smith are Dallas, Houston and Memphis, a league source told CBSSports.com. The Grizzlies, in the midst of establishing the value of Rudy Gay on the trade market in the face of massive luxury tax bills on the horizon, are not among the teams that have spoken with the Hawks about Smith, one of the sources said. Despite owner Mark Cuban's comment this week that "the bank of Cuban is open," the Mavs also have not yet expressed interest in trading for Smith, another source said.

"I want to be clear that I'm not pushing a trade," Prather said. "This is not a trade request or anything, but there are frustrations in Atlanta."

Last edited:
Am i missing something here? Kobe ain't locking up NOBODY especially Lebron.. sheesh

Kobe is like Fisher on defense nowadays

Josh Smith dont deserve no max. cant realistically see him putting a contender over the top or bring a playoff fringe team to contending status. and as athletic as he is that brokeback jumper aint putting no fans in the seats for a bottom dweller

fact of the matter is you got guys like rudy gay, roy hibbert, and brook lopez that are paid. granted the scaling is probably different b/c of his years in the league.

none of them are better than josh smith. he isn't a max player, but the market is all messed up.

Funny how I was talking about moving ZBO for Josh Smith earlier today and this comes out :lol:

I bet that would be the move the Grizz would consider.

Tony Parker on Mike Conley:

"He has a great tempo and patience about his game. He's one of the top-10 point guards in the league." -- Ronald Tillery (@CAGrizBlog)

:tongue:

Rudy Gay was a mistake they made pre-lockout that no owner is trying to make again. Hibbert and Lopez got paid, though undeserved, cuz they legit 7-footers. market is still messed up but cant see nobody paying the max to josh smith even with the dumb *** GMs we got

How many players are really "worth" the max in the eyes of fans? A handful, maybe? There's 30 teams, most of which have to fight with each other to get a talent like Josh Smith on their roster. Guys "not worth" max deals will continue having no problem getting paid.

so you're joining the Pacers fan club?

the Kings keep doing you wrong, they dont deserve your loyalty
They're moving out of SAC anyway, so rck2 is going to be a fan free agent regardless.
laugh.gif
 Theres a good chance I won't even latch on to any team 
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
 I'll probably take the fantasy basketball approach to the NBA if the Kings leave. But, until the moving vans are packed and in Seattle... I'm a Kings fan till the end 
nthat.gif

Ya'll know there is another Rivers??? Jeremiah Rivers, older brother to Austin. Played at IU and is in the D league... what a family 
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom