Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pau for Amare?? That's damn near a lateral move :lol:
Straight dying from those last two pages :rofl:

Last edited:
The last few pages of gifs, especially the Winnie the Pooh one.
laugh.gif

No bueno at the Royce White situation.

Any move other than Pau for Aldridge or Love in some capacity is a downgrade.
i agree...pau for j smoove is stupid...i hate hearing that...
I had a 30 minute argument about this today. Cant believe people honestly think that this is a good look for LA. In what world would putting D Howard next to D Howard point five be a good move......

Last edited:
Pau for Amare is like trading one bad vagina for an equally loose vagina

:lol: exactly, that's why its a lateral move to me. Its only a downgrade for LA because ur losing that length they've always had, but in terms of a straight up trade, you're trading one declining seemingly unmotivated guy for another. One just happens to be more soft , while the other can't stay on the court for various reasons

Any move other than Pau for Aldridge or Love in some capacity is a downgrade.
i agree...pau for j smoove is stupid...i hate hearing that...
I had a 30 minute argument about this today. Cant believe people honestly think that this is a good look for LA. In what world would putting D Howard next to D Howard point five be a good move......

I guess if you were looking at trying to make a faster offense, and more formidable defense..

But I think the lure of the trade is people thinking the Lakers will get multiple shooters with Smith... Which unless Smith says "I want to be traded because I'm not resigning." (He no longer holds this position... It's not happening for the Lakers. Hawks turned down Teague + Smith for Pau this off-season..

Last edited:
If they moved Pau, they would have to get a back up pg and/or another shooter.

I would rather them go for a package of nice pieces than to go after one player staright up.

Deals based around Milsap/Hayward or Derek Anderson/Rivers would make more sense to me. Or go after Jennings/Ilyasova even tho he's struggling rt now.

I want to see what he can do in D'Antonis offense, but Im pretty much done with dude.

Pau's 19m is gonna make it more difficult to pull something off tho.

I guess if you were looking at trying to make a faster offense, and more formidable defense..
But I think the lure of the trade is people thinking the Lakers will get multiple shooters with Smith... Which unless Smith says "I want to be traded because I'm not resigning." (He no longer holds this position... It's not happening for the Lakers. They turned down Teague + Smith for Pau this off-season..
when did this happen???
nerd.gif

But I think the lure of the trade is people thinking the Lakers will get multiple shooters with Smith... Which unless Smith says "I want to be traded because I'm not resigning." (He no longer holds this position... It's not happening for the Lakers. They turned down Teague + Smith for Pau this off-season..
when did this happen??? :nerd:

Between the NBA Draft and before Joe Johnson trade.

"The Hawks balked at a potential deal with the Lakers for Pau Gasol because L.A. wanted another major piece to go along with Smith. That would leave the Hawks with less than six players under contract, less talent, and no short-term cap relief because of the $38 million and two years remaining on Gasol’s contract."

Last edited:
Between the NBA Draft and before Joe Johnson trade.
"The Hawks balked at a potential deal with the Lakers for Pau Gasol because L.A. wanted another major piece to go along with Smith. That would leave the Hawks with less than six players under contract, less talent, and no short-term cap relief because of the $38 million and two years remaining on Gasol’s contract.
thanks. never knew this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom