kelvin sampson has some explaining to do
toney over lin in ot? lol
rockets using harden like joe johnson in atl, straight iso

lillard was doing his thing

Yeah, that was unexpected and he kept rotating Lin and Douglas in an out through out the 4th a lot, and then that's when Lillard hit the 3's on Douglas.

Lin was close to a triple double too. I figured he just wanted to blow the game, which he did. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Yeah, that was unexpected and he kept rotating Lin and Douglas in an out through out the 4th a lot, and then that's when Lillard hit the 3's on Douglas.

Lin was close to a triple double too. I figured he just wanted to blow the game, which he did. :lol:

that was just bizarre. im watching the game and wondering if lin was injured or is sampson really that dumb. lin was actually finding a rhythm in the fourth quarter, too. it's one thing if toney was defending lillard, but they were switching and parsons ended up on him.

terrance jones deserves minutes.

batum playing like a max player

I was watching the replay of the Knicks/Grizzlies game, and I saw something that I feel like the NBA should fix, that's easily doable.

These shot-clock violations.

They gotta be consistent. If the buzzer goes off, it doesn't hit rim, either blow the whistle or don't.

The Knicks got a fast-break opportunity because the Grizzlies were expecting a 24-second call as it didn't hit rim.

That's fine, but if you're going to do that, be consistent about it.

I think if this is the way the rule was done, there'd be no issue from either side, offense or defense...

Shot goes up, if it hits the rim, as normal, new shot-clock regardless of who gets the rebound.

Shot goes up, if the ball doesn't hit rim, but the defense gets the ball, don't blow the whistle. Let the defense get rewarded for playing 24 seconds of defense.

I hate that the defense gets penalized for doing their job, and having to take it out. It kills a fast-break opportunity.

The one flaw in that system is that if the team on offense doesn't put up a shot, that's the only thing.

Regardless, the defense shouldn't be penalized for playing defense. I hope they can iron things out.

I was watching the replay of the Knicks/Grizzlies game, and I saw something that I feel like the NBA should fix, that's easily doable.

These shot-clock violations.

They gotta be consistent. If the buzzer goes off, it doesn't hit rim, either blow the whistle or don't.

The Knicks got a fast-break opportunity because the Grizzlies were expecting a 24-second call as it didn't hit rim.

That's fine, but if you're going to do that, be consistent about it.

I think if this is the way the rule was done, there'd be no issue from either side, offense or defense...

Shot goes up, if it hits the rim, as normal, new shot-clock regardless of who gets the rebound.

Shot goes up, if the ball doesn't hit rim, but the defense gets the ball, don't blow the whistle. Let the defense get rewarded for playing 24 seconds of defense.

I hate that the defense gets penalized for doing their job, and having to take it out. It kills a fast-break opportunity.

The one flaw in that system is that if the team on offense doesn't put up a shot, that's the only thing.

Regardless, the defense shouldn't be penalized for playing defense. I hope they can iron things out.
I see your point, but what if there's a scrum for the ball after an airball? Or just a regular airball alone, that's an extra second you gotta wait to see who has possession. 

Players and coaches alike are going to hate that late of a whistle.

Well as with everything in the NBA, it's going to be a judgment call.

But when it's a clear shot clock violation but the defensive team gets the rebound, the defense shouldn't be penalized by taking the ball out on the side.

I don't know, maybe I'm alone on this, but I hate seeing teams playing good defense and their only compliment is, "Here, take the ball out."

The shot clock violation procedure is never going to be an exact science because of all the variables. I honestly think they do a decent job though. However, this all goes back to the notion in football of "play to the whistle". Don't assume anything on the court.

I don't really care about records, but I've always wanted to see someone top the single-game assist one. I keep waiting for Rondo to be the one. Chris' teams play too slow for him to.

Last edited:
Its going to be weird hearing "Zach Randolph - MVP candidate" if he keeps this up and the team keeps winning. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom