Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^Seriously? That's a shame, but I think its a sign that B Roy needs to hang it up for good. If he can't get through 10 games of an NBA season without needing (another) knee surgery, it probably means he shouldn't be playing pro ball anymore.

^^^Seriously? That's a shame, but I think its a sign that B Roy needs to hang it up for good. If he can't get through 10 games of an NBA season without needing (another) knee surgery, it probably means he shouldn't be playing pro ball anymore.

At least he got paid. He'll end up around $90-100 mil in total earnings.

that man knows how to get money. hes pretty much gonna retire.

$5.2 mill for nothing :lol: since his second year is non guaranteed.

sucks, i wanted him to make a comeback but it was just too good to be true :smh:

Sad to see this but knew somehow Roy was gonna have a setback :smh::frown:

I was thinking earlier, Al Jefferson reunites with McHale in Houston next year?

Sad to see this but knew somehow Roy was gonna have a setback :smh::frown:
I was thinking earlier, Al Jefferson reunites with McHale in Houston next year?
I don't think Houston can play Asik and Jefferson together. Jefferson prefers playing center, which of course is Asik's position. Jefferson sure as hell isn't going to be able to keep up with today's power forwards.

Last edited:
What is going on in Minnesota how many players do they have left?

Still beat the goddamn Mavs... :smh: :lol:

Amundson, Cunningham, Howard, AK47, Malcolm Lee, RIdnour, Shved, Stiemsma, and Derrick Williams.

Roy done. Chase I believe is done. Rubio and Love should be back sometime in December, and Pek should be back soon.

They're playing really well, regardless of injuries.

Gortat...
A lot has changed in the Phoenix Suns in the previous season.
Marcin Gortat: Unfortunately, in the context of my people - for the worse. Surely I'm not the same player as last season. I need to find a place for themselves in the new formation. I am able to help the team and regularly earn more than 10 points and have more than 10 rebounds, but the ball still sticks in the attack to one person, it's hard to find a good rhythm on the offensive.

Last year you won a lot of points on the shares of pick-and-roll with Steve Nash. Now, almost no play in such a way ...

Marcin Gortat: It's true, though I can score points in a variety of situations - finish the pick-and-roll, counter, hit półdystansu, maneuver under the basket ... The options are different. Unfortunately, two of my strongest variants, the pick-and-roll and stock one on one with his back to the basket, has been taken from me. It is not easy. We now have lots of new licks that do not always come true, and at the same time I do not even take into account. In addition, on the dance floor do not understand so well with playmaker Goran Dragiciem as Steve. These are the things we need to work on.

Coach Alvin Gentry told me that the main option in attack was Luis Scola is now. Lord, in turn, is number one on the defensive.
Marcin Gortat: Well, unfortunately ... All my life I dealt with the hard work and now I have to go back. I will fight for her. I will try to prove to the coach that I can also play an important role in the attack. In coach Gentry's probably not an option I'm not offensive. It does not take me into consideration at all. The situation is critical. We play the same as a year ago, and the truth is that we are completely different players. Not quite what I think works ... But I can not now get frustrated, you need to be positive.

The Suns game now many players who primarily create game in itself.
Marcin Gortat : We have a lot of basketball players who like to take upon himself the burden of the game, but not always, it comes out. We do not share the ball like we did in previous seasons. The ball does not circulate around the perimeter - usually ends in the administration of one or two people. In this way, you can not play and win. Basketball is a team game. Nobody he did not win the match.

Before the season, you promised to fight for the playoffs, but the video game in recent meetings, the Suns certainly do not look at a team that could catch in the last eight in the West?
Marcin Gortat: Before the season I was very optimistic. I thought we played very differently. At this point it does not look too interesting. We still have a lot of learning and struggle. We need to improve the defense team. We can not lose more than a hundred points in every game. We'll see how it works out. For now, do not lose faith. Chance for the playoffs still is.

Is the coach said honestly, what is expected from you?
Marcin Gortat: We talked before the season. He said that he expected me to defense, rebounds, blocks and defensive conducting under the basket. He also said - I want you in the field, sets up three seconds and waited there for your chance to gain points. Well, I'm still waiting ... (Laughs).

What do you expect in the coming weeks?
Marcin Gortat: After the game against the Miami Heat have a long break and time to improve some elements of the training. It will not be easy for sure ...

Can you honestly talk with the coach?
Marcin Gortat: I do not know if it's going to change. But I would definitely talk to him.

He talked to you after the game in Los Angeles with Steve Nash, Lakers player injured?
Marcin Gortat : Yes. He came to visit us in the locker room. I can only sigh - a pity that he is not with us now ...
Link

I don't hear many people talking about Denver right now. :nerd: Suppose to be such a great team I thought?

Sucks for BRoy. I didn't think he would play a full season, but I thought he would at least get a good 60 games out of it. Rubio is due back at the beginnign of December, correct?

Nasty is right. OKC's bench just isn't as scary anymore. Some people were acting like Lamb and Jones were about to do work their rookie years. Martin is a little more guardable than Harden, at least from my viewpoint. It was laughable to think Maynor would bring the type of playmaking ability Harden did. He's ok, but nowhere near the level of Harden. I love Collison, but Brooks seems to hate him when he plays well. And Thabeet :x .

Once Durant stops trying to be Lebron and go crazy shooting the ball, they will be a lot more dangerous. They are not as dangerous when he's being passive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom