• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gelo should have been in jail for putting ranch on steak
tenor.gif

Ranch on steak?

Man leave him in China
tenor.gif

I've just watched a ton of film to see if Lakers should consider keeping Randle, and I've seen that Randle can guard 1-5 well, based on this short season.

Because I like to live on the edge, I'm gonna go ahead and say he's a substantially better player than Draymond at the same age

Tim Legler brought up an interesting point on Thursday. The ESPN panel was discussing Lonzo's shooting struggles. Legler was saying (not verbatim) where Lonzo will really struggle is shooting off the dribble going to the right due to his strange motion. I never really thought about that, and then when you consider how quickly defenders close out, he's going to have to make some changes to his game.

Lonzo is a good player, but I honestly see more Greivis Vasquez in him (and that's not a bad thing) than anything else.

Tim Legler brought up an interesting point on Thursday. The ESPN panel was discussing Lonzo's shooting struggles. Legler was saying (not verbatim) where Lonzo will really struggle is shooting off the dribble going to the right due to his strange motion. I never really thought about that, and then when you consider how quickly defenders close out, he's going to have to make some changes to his game.

Lonzo is a good player, but I honestly see more Greivis Vasquez in him (and that's not a bad thing) than anything else.

Here’s a pretty good video to see why he’s struggling at shooting and scoring efficiently.

Comes down to mostly decision making and problems with adjusting to the speed of the game.

For a rookie and his mechanics, it was expected that he would struggle. However, even I didn’t expect for him to be this inefficient. He will improve though.

To me it looks like he rushes his shot. His feet are hardly ever set and his release is too quick. He's missing wide open shots so it's not even really about closeouts

Reactions: God
Here’s a pretty good video to see why he’s struggling at shooting and scoring efficiently.

Comes down to mostly decision making and problems with adjusting to the speed of the game.

For a rookie and his mechanics, it was expected that he would struggle. However, even I didn’t expect for him to be this inefficient. He will improve though.

Thanks for posting the vid, I'm going to watch in a second.

I do agree with what you said. He will definitely improve his shooting efficiency. That being said, I do think his lack of quickness is going to be a major issue for him. While I don't think he's ever going to be a top 10-15 PG in the league, he will be a guy who, down the road, can effectively run a playoff team with minimal mistakes. He'll play within his game without trying to do too much. Pretty much, knowing his limitations.

Can someone explain WARP to me? I know the acronym but have no idea why it matters.

Wins above replacement player.

The term and concept are borrowed from sabermetrics and, specifically, Baseball Prospectus. Conceptually, theWARP system seeks to evaluate players in the context of a team made up of them and four completely average players.

Basically an analytical "making players better around you" stat

Wins above replacement player.

The term and concept are borrowed from sabermetrics and, specifically, Baseball Prospectus. Conceptually, theWARP system seeks to evaluate players in the context of a team made up of them and four completely average players.

Basically an analytical "making players better around you" stat

Piggybacking of the post, WARP & VORP
cannot account for contributions that are not tracked in the box score, most notably on defense. It does no better than linear weights methods at evaluating players like Andre Roberson. Also, it requires a number of assumptions - the value of assists, the trade-off between usage and efficiency, and replacement level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom