• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we call out these assists then we gotta go back through history and observe

Like someone said, it's probably been happening for a while

It would be an interesting case study on westbrooks record though

Lebron has benefited from it

It doesn’t just apply to assists, people have gotten counted for rebounds off what shouldn’t be a rebound etc etc

The media and fans care about stats so the padding has gotten worse the last 5 or so years which is why triple doubles are much more common now

Some of you might not be old enough but triple doubles use to be rare as **** :lol:

I will say this: from the local reporters on down, no NBA location is more in the tank for the team than OKC. That's why Russell Westbrook can't handle even mild media questions, because he is so used to being slobbered by Royce Young and the like. Would not surprise me if it extends to the stat counters in the stadium.

Honestly I really do think assists should be counted on an And 1 so long as the pass directly led to the conversion

No reason it shouldn't imo

It definitely has, that's used to be the running joke with John Stockton's assist.

I didn't buy into people's reasoning though.

Nah, you don't get an assist.

From the fiba manual:
An assist is charged when a pass is made to a teammate who shoots and scores - provided the shooter's immediate intention, upon receiving the ball, was to shoot and that intention was maintained until the shot was taken.

But if I hit a guy in transition and he dribbles once it should be an assist. Or when Ariza and these 3 point shooters relocate for 3s. They should be assists

This has been going on a long time. I started noticing this when I started doing fantasy leagues with my friends.

At times fantasy has ruined watching sports to me. Causes mad stress :lol:

But if I hit a guy in transition and he dribbles once it should be an assist. Or when Ariza and these 3 point shooters relocate for 3s. They should be assists

I would be fine with that but to many scorekeepers are to arbitrary with it. Gotta start reigning it in cause it's a league wide problem now.

Do we know that those were actually credited as assists to ball and Simmons? Wouldn’t only the scorekeeper know?

KAT 20/12
3-1 for the week

Beard 38/8/4
2-1 for the week

Beard robbed again
IMG_0305.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom