Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I stutter?

You know the most telling stat on whether or not a player will translate as a shooter is their free throw %?
Leonard 76%
Butler 77%
Lonzo 67%
Fox - 73%
Rondo - 58%
Marion - 73%
Tony Allen - 68%

It's not causation, but definitely a strong correlation. I don't think that good FT% would mean good nba shooter, but players with bad FT% almost always translate to bad NBA shooters.

You know the most telling stat on whether or not a player will translate as a shooter is their free throw %?
Leonard 76%
Butler 77%
Lonzo 67%
Fox - 73%
Rondo - 58%
Marion - 73%
Tony Allen - 68%

It's not causation, but definitely a strong correlation. I don't think that good FT% would mean good nba shooter, but players with bad FT% almost always translate to bad NBA shooters.

Aside from ball all those guys couldn't shoot 3s in college either. And a couple of them turned out to be good shooters in the NBA. Kind of a stretch to say 'almost always' based on those examples. Somehow I'd rather look at his % on shots from college and NBA 3. Always thought that theory was baloney anyway

Last edited:
Aside from ball all those guys couldn't shoot 3s in college either. And a couple of them turned out to be good shooters in the NBA. Kind of a stretch to say 'almost always' based on those examples. Somehow I'd rather look at his % on shots from college and NBA 3. Always thought that theory was baloney anyway

Yeah, I didn't have time to provide a full out data analysis so I just picked players that come to mind and checked out their stats. I am sure that there are in depth research articles from data nerds that would talk about this. I'm just too lazy to search. lol

Yeah, I didn't have time to provide a full out data analysis so I just picked players that come to mind and checked out their stats. I am sure that there are in depth research articles from data nerds that would talk about this. I'm just too lazy to search. lol

I just feel like there isn't much data to support it tbh, I've never really seen it anyway. Zach lavine is another guy who in college was good at 3s (37.5%) bad at free throws (69%) and is a good NBA shooter. Cory Joseph another one (41/69) and Parsons (37/56), Avery Bradley (37/54). There's probably more examples of guys who are average from college 3 but good free throw shooters who go on to shoot better from 3 in the league. But I doubt there's very many guards who were elite from college 3 and couldn't shoot a duck in the NBA

Last edited:
Haven’t watched basketball since the Celtics big 3 back in like 07 08 but once we got Kyrie I started to pay attention a little bit. I was into the nba when the heat won In like 03 or whatever and when the pistons won with rip, Ben wallace, Rasheed, etc, that era.

I always catch highlights and stuff on IG. That combined with the run we just went on has me hooked again. I guess you can call me a bandwagon fan but I’m actually from Boston so idc :lol:, just haven’t watched in a good 8-9 years. Feels good to be back tho :pimp: these young dudes can ball !

Side note: I had no idea that Shaq and Rasheed Wallace were on the Celtics at some point :blush:.. that’s how out of the loop I was

Last edited:
Just re read my post and I sound like an old head :lol: but me and kyrie are only a month apart :emoji_sweat_smile:

Bamba is super raw offensively. Leaps and bounds worse than Bagley and Ayton on that end.

I wouldn’t say leaps and bounds. He has a different skill set. Put him in a pace and space system and he should be fine. He’ll be a Clint Capela type big at worse. Force feeding him on the block isn’t the answer

I wouldn’t say leaps and bounds. He has a different skill set. Put him in a pace and space system and he should be fine. He’ll be a Clint Capela type big at worse. Force feeding him on the block isn’t the answer
Yeah I agree with you. Just think Ayton and Bagley have a more skilled offensive game. Could see Bamba flourishing as a rim runner in the league pretty easily though.

Offensively Bagley and Ayton are definitely a considerable amount ahead of Bamba. With that being said, say Bamba starts flashing a perimeter spot up game before the draft, I mean, that's a real debate who to take first. Right now I'm actually leaning Bamba over Bagley because of the defensive potential and the potential of a jumper

Bamba has dpoy potential and moreso than anyone in the draft. He runs like a gazelle and is a quick jumper.
I've seen him shooting with pretty decent form and he stays active on offense. Consistently running from the perimeter to the glass. That kinda motor and instincts right now is a big plus.

I think him and Ayton should be the first two picks come June but **** we got a long time to figure this all out.

DPVXl35WsAAYGLn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom