• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
buc dont make me put the curse on embiid!!!!!

ill do it!!

if a bloke like lil b can claim to curse people i can too

big kane the based knob

Was listening to the most recent Lowe pod with Russillo and they asked how are the Lakers making $65M available to free agents without having to give up Ingram or Lonzo?

Stretch Deng, Trade Clarkson, let Randle walk. Would leave us with only 23 mil in committed salaries (Ball, Ingram, Nance Jr, Hart, Kuzma, Bryant [TO]) + whatever in cap holds. I think it'd be closer to 70 million in space enough to offer Bron (35 mil) and PG (30 mil) the max.

Last edited:
Rudy Gobert is def going to average at least 16ppg :lol:.

Ingles and Rubio two of the best passers in the game. He going feast.

Best Center in the league.

Best Center in the league.

karl-anthony-towns-getty-ftr-112015_1i033msxfpw6w16c5vdxwbiw3u.jpg

usa_today_9945489.0.jpg

Hassan%20Whiteside%20-%20Pedro%20Portal3

Best Center I would for sure give to Gobert.
He's going to show his Post Portfolio this year.
They haven't needed him offensively like that, this year he will get to clown.

That racist dude is permabanned thankfully.

I thought whip was one of us. Say it ain't so.

Alluding to Hassan Whiteside being better than Rudy Gobert has to be one of THE worst takes recently :lol:.

Until Towns plays ANY defense....or Boogie makes the playoffs and gives consistent effort defensively....I'm going with Rudy G.

Whiteside :lol:

I thought whip was one of us. Say it ain't so.

Alluding to Hassan Whiteside being better than Rudy Gobert has to be one of THE worst takes recently :lol:.

Until Towns plays ANY defense....or Boogie makes the playoffs and gives consistent effort defensively....I'm going with Rudy G.

Whiteside :lol:
For a guy that gasses up Mudiay, you got no clout in your analysis

Reactions: MVP
Ingram looking like he didn't average 17 a night in d1 as a teenager. Not showing any scoring instincts at all. His moves are just bad. I don't know if he's thinking too much or what. He definitely knows how to score.

I have no doubt that he'll figure it out tho.

**** I do. He can't shoot, and doesn't have the first step / burst and doesn't have the handle or body to make up for that step.

Hard to figure it out when you can't shoot, and can't get by your defender. He literally has no moves.

For a guy that gasses up Mudiay, you got no clout in your analysis

Wavy riding for his boo Mudiay is one of the best things in this thread. Even with his horrible take on Mudiay since 2015, nothing he said in that post is untrue.

Towns has more potential, so I'd take him over Rudy, but Rudy is better than Cousins and Whiteside.

And at least right now Rudy impacts the game much more than Towns does.

That Sixers contract is probably the greatest NBA deal ever. Basically gave Embidd a NFL deal, props to the Sixers front office.

Wavy riding for his boo Mudiay is one of the best things in this thread. Even with his horrible take on Mudiay since 2015, nothing he said in that post is untrue.

Towns has more potential, so I'd take him over Rudy, but Rudy is better than Cousins and Whiteside.

And at least right now Rudy impacts the game much more than Towns does.
I can agree Rudy is probably the best DEFENSIVE center of the four
But he cannot and would not be able to produce an offensive output of the three I mentioned if he tried to replicate their usage.
Don’t get me wrong, I think Gobert is an All Star center, but best center in the game? You telling me those three teams would straight up trade their centers for Gobert?

I can agree Rudy is probably the best DEFENSIVE center of the four
But he cannot and would not be able to produce an offensive output of the three I mentioned if he tried to replicate their usage.
Don’t get me wrong, I think Gobert is an All Star center, but best center in the game? You telling me those three teams would straight up trade their centers for Gobert?

That's not how this works....but if you wanted to do plug and replace...Gobert pretty much works anywhere :lol:.

Offense isn't only scoring baskets. Gobert ability as a dive man to draw in defenses and his offensive rebounding ability allows him to be productive and provide unique gravity on that end. He's also a guy that's trending up to be a 70% FT shooter....so he can stay on the court in crunch time than say a Deandre Jordan.

Saying Hassan Whiteside is better than Gobert is a pretty crazy thing to say. Towns, like jab step jab step said....has more potential.....but is terrible defensively at this point. And Cousins is similarly talented offensively....but has had stamina, defensive and chemistry issues that have made him more of a box score stuffer instead of a valuable adding big.

There's probably MORE value in a low usage Big like Gobert who can finish in the paint, draw defenders on the dive, deter at the rim....and occasionally switch on the perimeter. Gobert isn't a defense only....offensive liability type of guy.

While Rudy G isn't the offensive versatile threat as some other bigs.....he still needs to be accounted for on that end.....while being arguably THE best defender in all of basketball.

Hell....if the NBA didn't get weird and list AD as a center....he would've (and should've) been first team all nba.

That's not how this works....but if you wanted to do plug and replace...Gobert pretty much works anywhere :lol:.

Offense isn't only scoring baskets. Gobert ability as a dive man to draw in defenses and his offensive rebounding ability allows him to be productive and provide unique gravity on that end. He's also a guy that's trending up to be a 70% FT shooter....so he can stay on the court in crunch time than say a Deandre Jordan.

Saying Hassan Whiteside is better than Gobert is a pretty crazy thing to say. Towns, like jab step jab step said....has more potential.....but is terrible defensively at this point. And Cousins is similarly talented offensively....but has had stamina, defensive and chemistry issues that have made him more of a box score stuffer instead of a valuable adding big.

There's probably MORE value in a low usage Big like Gobert who can finish in the paint, draw defenders on the dive, deter at the rim....and occasionally switch on the perimeter. Gobert isn't a defense only....offensive liability type of guy.

While Rudy G isn't the offensive versatile threat as some other bigs.....he still needs to be accounted for on that end.....while being arguably THE best defender in all of basketball.

Hell....if the NBA didn't get weird and list AD as a center....he would've (and should've) been first team all nba.
No good team out there is double teaming Gobert out there lol
Yes he’s good at the PnR but naaaah, Gobert is still mostly one dimensional in the paint and in general can’t really run an offense.

He’s an elite offensive rebounder I will give you that, and he’s best of the four at his role at Utah. You throw him at the three other teams I mentioned though? They would be worse overall even with the better interior defense.

Yes he’s good at the PnR but naaaah, Gobert is still mostly one dimensional in the paint and in general can’t really run an offense.

He’s an elite offensive rebounder I will give you that, and he’s best of the four at his role at Utah. You throw him at the three other teams I mentioned though? They would be worse overall even with the better interior defense.

Using CENTERS drawing double teams, and them running an offense as a way to evaluate offensive value in 2017....

I'll see my way out this convo :lol:. It was fun.

Man speaking of Gobert....got suckered into sports talk at work today and this smart dumb sports dude dropped more of his gems.

-Boston will not finish higher than 4th because they got “significantly worse.”

-Hayward can’t run the pick n roll.

-Gobert is “ just DeAndre without the defense.”

-Warriors play no defense.

Like I always say, I’d rather have an abortion or religion debate at work than try to talk sports.

All three teams would be better. By a good amount too. NO and Miami would happily trade Cousins and Whiteside for Gobert. Minny wouldn't trade Towns due to potential.

Gobert brings a lot to the offensive end. Wavy broke it down perfectly.

I don't get your argument about running an offense. You can't run an offense through Whiteside either. And running an offense through Cousins is bound to get you into the lottery constantly. But I'll admit I'm not big on Cousins at all.

Side note, didn't AD play the majority of his minutes last year at center? It wasn't till the cousins trade he became a PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom