• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the east is a 9 team race for the playoffs and West a 10 team race????

Everyone else losing...or trying to lose?

“I have respect for what he did because he had a plan and he stuck with it,” said one Western Conference GM who spoke favorably of Hinkie. “It took balls to do what he did. I do [view what he did as a success.] But if they hadn’t drafted Embiid, the experiment would’ve been a colossal failure. Look at their record when he’s out. If Embiid can’t stay healthy, they’ll be horrible.”

– via Bleacher Report
Just think if they would of grabbed somebody else with that JO pick. Could be a whole diff ballgame

Yes but he wasn’t the most impactful player on that team in that series.
*****s were campaigning for him to win FMVP because of one shot :lol:

I'm not diminishing what Lebron did by any means. But Lebron came up short with all those other bum squads. He obviously needed someone like Kyrie to play 2nd fiddle, otherwise it would've been another L for Celeveland.

Yeah, man. I only get a certain number of vacations per day year at my job so as professionals they should too. Silver should impose a set number of days they can take off from training. It would improve the quality of the product that us other working professionals, with limited vacation days, are paying our hard earned money to see.
I’ll just assume this is sarcasm

I still don't get what's so great about Hinkie realizing that top picks are usually good players as if nobody knew that already

Nobody else had the balls to fire sale their roster and replace them with D-league talent for 3 years.

We have NEVER EVER EVER seen rosters like those 2013-2015 teams.

Teams tank all the time. Hinkie structured his rosters to ensure they got the most ping balls every time. They weren't going out there trying to win enough games to get a 5-14 pick. The goal was to get them in that top 4.

Again...I don't think we've ever seen that strategy before. Teams like Sacramento who have been AWFUL for years are perpetual lottery teams....but even they've fielded rosters better than those Sixer teams.

Hinke gets too much credit.

Unless they got top 2 picks every year of their extreme tanking, it didn’t really help to be as bad as they were. You can be decent and still end up with top 4 pick.

They got lucky Embiid was hurt in college and he fell to 3. Towards the end he was the consensus number 1 pick.

If fultz doesn’t pan out then they will only have benefited with Simmons after 4 years of despicable line ups and lots of money loss for ownership

IMG_1776.PNG
Just remember 4 years ago today this was our LU

Mullen shooting 3s LOL

It doesn't take balls to lay down and do nothing. It doesn't even take much thought or effort to tank :lol:

:lol: One you remove this ridiculous "sports pride" nonsense from the picture and realize it's a business...maybe some of you will understand why what they did was different.

There's a reason teams got mad at them for doing this and they just changed the rules to prevent it from happening again.

Nobody else had the balls to fire sale their roster and replace them with D-league talent for 3 years.

We have NEVER EVER EVER seen rosters like those 2013-2015 teams.

Teams tank all the time. Hinkie structured his rosters to ensure they got the most ping balls every time. They weren't going out there trying to win enough games to get a 5-14 pick. The goal was to get them in that top 4.

Again...I don't think we've ever seen that strategy before. Teams like Sacramento who have been AWFUL for years are perpetual lottery teams....but even they've fielded rosters better than those Sixer teams.

Nobody's ever gone to such extreme measures to tank and yet teams win championships every year b. He didn't do anything novel and there's a reason he's out the league, likely for good

Yeah, man. I only get a certain number of vacations per day year at my job so as professionals they should too. Silver should impose a set number of days they can take off from training. It would improve the quality of the product that us other working professionals, with limited vacation days, are paying our hard earned money to see.

Repped. This is a good point. I was told basketball is just like a 9-5 gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom