• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody's ever gone to such extreme measures to tank and yet teams win championships every year b. He didn't do anything novel and there's a reason he's out the league, likely for good

you-sound-smart-to-somebody-dumb.jpg

:lol: One you remove this ridiculous "sports pride" nonsense from the picture and realize it's a business...maybe some of you will understand why what they did was different.

There's a reason teams got mad at them for doing this and they just changed the rules to prevent it from happening again.
It was different but nothing ballsy about it...

I can't praise Hinkie just off the strength that he got forced out and probably blacklisted from the NBA. Like, how am I gonna congratulate you for hitting a lick but you got caught and doing 10 years.

He essentially robbed a bank and announced he was robbing before he actually did it.

Of course he got caught. But it looks like the family is about to eat off of it.

Could care less how you feel about the man. His plan is working.

People better hope Markelle Fultz has the "yips" because if he hits too...you're all going to hate the Sixers way more than ya'll hate the Warriors.

He essentially robbed a bank and announced he was robbing before he actually did it.

Of course he got caught. But it looks like the family is about to eat off of it.

Could care less how you feel about the man. His plan is working.

People better hope Markelle Fultz has the "yips" because if he hits too...you're all going to hate the Sixers way more than ya'll hate the Warriors.

Hinkie got fired and may be blacklisted. The man died in the professional basketball world for this. I don’t know how much you all have read up on Hinkie but he likely is ambivalent about it because in the end he was smarter than all those other GMs that have been perennial lottery teams. He ****** over the league to the point that they made a rules change for him. He relishes in that type of ****. I get Embiid’s health is a concern and the jury was out on Fultz but if you’re a fan of one of those previously mentioned lottery teams, you would be happy to have this outcome.

I bought 4th row tickets to the Nets-Hornets game Thursday night for $40 :lol:

but but.. how

Pistons fans getting jipped out here but then again most the middle sections all include free food and booze all night but still

It definitely takes balls to tank... because you never knew when your owner is going to get tired of you.

That said I think Hinkie both had the right strategy but is maybe a little overrated as well by his biggest supporters

Hinkie put a black eye on the game. His strategy led to him drafting jahlil okafor because the guy he really wanted, kristaps, didn't want anything to do with that bull ****. Everybody tanks, nobody's ever been so tacky about it

Hinkie put a black eye on the game. His strategy led to him drafting jahlil okafor because the guy he really wanted, kristaps, didn't want anything to do with that bull ****. Everybody tanks, nobody's ever been so tacky about it

Everybody doesn’t tank though. Knicks don’t tank. Kings don’t tank. There’s a difference between sucking and tanking

People saying that he didn't do anything smart, if Joel Embiid is a All NBA player for just 3-5 years, then the process was a huge success. He exploited inefficiencies with 2nd round picks as well, landing them Robert Covington. He saw acquiring as many lotto tickets as possible as assets, and the more assets you hit on, the more likely you are to have a great team in this league. Did his process have some faults? Sure. Dude was in the midst of executing something great though.

Anthony Davis says "it makes you think" when former players say they waited too long to request a trade (via #TheJump). "You wonder if you’re following in that same path"

AD gonna be outta there.

I support his moves to this point but whether he could have taken the next step is uncertain

Sure I could go with that. Hinkie wasn’t a genius, he just got ownership to buying into the strategy harder than anyone else. And that was a good approach imo.

All I'm saying is he didn't need to go to such extremes. People act like tanking is some revolutionary idea that hinkie discovered one day while flying a kite outside during a thunderstorm. It cost him kp. A refreshing thing about this season is that even tho there are trash teams, nobody started blatantly tanking from game 1. It's back to being an end of year thing like it normally is

Reactions: HIM
I support his moves to this point but whether he could have taken the next step is uncertain
That's the issue. He had already pissed off agents and teams a great deal. Is he able to make the JJ Redick deal this summer? I think money talks at the end of the day. Any owner telling their client to avoid a big pay day at the end of the day isn't going to have a job for long.

As 100027 100027 said, not everyone tanks. And let’s say they do get Kristaps? They likely miss out on Ben. I get that it’s a hypothetical but looking at the fact they drafted Embiid, Ben, Fultz, RoCo, Dario in the time span that they did is pretty damn good, man

All I'm saying is he didn't need to go to such extremes. People act like tanking is some revolutionary idea that hinkie discovered one day while flying a kite outside during a thunderstorm. It cost him kp. A refreshing thing about this season is that even tho there are trash teams, nobody started blatantly tanking from game 1. It's back to being an end of year thing like it normally is

I actually disagree with this. Look at that roster posted earlier. If he had like two more decent players they win a few more games and ping pong balls fall differently. No one is saying he hit on all the picks but positioning themselves to do so is what’s most important. Ask those Kings fans how they like they’re ****** rosters that field 6-10 picks every year that end up being garbage.

That's the issue. He had already pissed off agents and teams a great deal. Is he able to make the JJ Redick deal this summer? I think money talks at the end of the day. Any owner telling their client to avoid a big pay day at the end of the day isn't going to have a job for long.

I think this is the beauty and intelligence of his strategy. He knew Philly wouldn’t get big time free agents so he’s stockpiled a glut of young talent and now other players will want to join the young core. It was a 4D Chess move that led to his basketball career demise but the strategy paid off.

Let’s put it this way, had he fieled semi-competitive tanking rosters do you really believe this team is better off over the next five or so year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom