• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixers weren’t gonna get burned by the Lakers again like they did when the Lakers took D’Lo.

Imagine drafting D'lo instead of Oak :smh: - they did suck enough to land Simmons though so I ain't mad.

Lakers did goof passing on Porzingiz though. All the workouts they did were to test his weaknesses rather than to capitalize on his strengths. Things like not being able to box out effectively and bang down low. They did his workouts all wrong and now that pick turned into Brook Lopez and a Mozgov salary dump.

If the Lakers don't get Bron and PG, I'm assuming they'll tank again next season? I was told being a middle of the pack team is the worst possible thing in the NBA. You should either be contending or tanking, I heard.

If the Lakers don't get Bron and PG, I'm assuming they'll tank again next season? I was told being a middle of the pack team is the worst possible thing in the NBA. You should either be contending or tanking, I heard.

Unless you are Boston, then you can contend while letting other teams tank for you.

Nah things are looking up for the Lakers. I don't see the point of tanking when they've been playing above 500 ball since the start of the new year.

Plus the Lakers scouting is A1 so even though next year's pick will probably be middle of the pack, I trust they'll draft a good player with that pick.

However, if somebody gets hurt and the team is struggling around all-star break and out of playoff contention, they should definitely tank.

Also, there's a difference from having a team of 30 year olds being middle of the pack and a team of 21-23 year olds being middle of the pack.

Generally, I agree though, it's better to tank than be middle of the pack but in the Lakers circumstance, you have to start trying to win games eventually. You can't just say, "we're not winning the chip this year let's tank again." You have to establish a winning culture at some point.

Last edited:
It's because they thought Fultz was off limits. No one knew Danny wanted Tatum over Fultz. If they thought Fultz had a remote chance of falling, they would be smittin just as much as the Sixers.

This is wrong bro. Fultz was the locked in 1 until he wasn't. Danny worked him out and fell outta love and the pick became available for trade. This is facts.

This is inconsistent.

You're saying "all reports" said that after the trade actually happening. So maybe you have an argument about Ainge wanting Tatum, but to say the Lakers would have taken Ball even if Fultz was available is a huge assumption, one that I do not agree with at all.

We can disagree if you want but Magic had a boner for Ball. He wasn't gunna say it publicly because he needed leverage for the chance they could've duped Philly like Boston did.

This wouldn't even be a talking point if Fultz wasn't hurt. The Sixers wanted "their guy" and paid the price (Lakers 2018 pick or Sac 2019 pick) to lock him down. If Fultz was playing, nobody would be second guessing the trade.

If it's 6 or after Philly gets it and Boston gets next year's, is that right?

Philly is most likely getting this year's Lakers pick (would have to be between 2-5 for the Celtics to get it and as of now there's only a 3% chance of that happening) which means the Celtics in all likelihood will have Sacramento's unprotected 2019 pick.

Philly is most likely getting this year's Lakers pick (would have to be between 2-5 for the Celtics to get it and as of now there's only a 3% chance of that happening) which means the Celtics in all likelihood will have Sacramento's unprotected 2019 pick.

Works out just fine for Boston anyway. Chances are Sacramento is a bottom 5 team again next year.

When did the Kings give away their 2019 pick?

On Thursday, Philadelphia completed a trade that sent the rights to Arturas Gudaitis and Luka Mitrovic, drafted 47th- and 60th-overall in this year’s draft respectively, to the Kings in exchange for sophomore shooting guard Nik Stauskas, veteran big men Carl Landry and Jason Thompson, Sacramento’s 2018 first-round pick, and the right to swap firsts with Sacramento in both 2016 and 2017.

For the Kings, the move cleared the cap space necessary to reportedly extend offers to Rajon Rondo, Marco Belinelli, and Kosta Koufos, and for Philadelphia, it allowed the team to acquire a 2014 lottery pick in Stauskas, two experienced frontcourt players on manageable contracts in Landry and Thompson, and a handful of valuable future draft considerations all for the cost of rented cap space and essentially two second-round picks.

Hinkie the Gawd.

All for Sauce Castillo and the opportunity to sign Rajon Rondo LMAO

If SAC gets the #1 pick next year the pick stays with Philly I thought

You're right.

The 76ers own the Sacramento Kings’ first-round pick, with no protections, for 2019. That came to them via the Nik Stauskas trade, one of the strangest in recent NBA history. That deal also is the reason the Sixers had the No. 3 pick in this draft — the Kings’ pick actually won the lottery slot, but Philadelphia had the right to trade picks.

Now the Celtics get to take the higher of the 76ers and Kings’ 2019 picks — unless, again, it’s No. 1 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom