• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. What I'm saying is he's more likely to shoot around 35-40% from three than someone who only shoots 2-3 attempts a game yet is averaging 40+% like Tatum.

Except that doesn't make sense because math. He's very clearly a really streaky shooter. Nothing about his shooting screams that this is a true indication of his ability. Especially considering that teams are still, understandably, daring him to shoot. It's just as ridiculous to take this sample and say this is who he is as it would be to take the beginning of the year, which most of the people who aren't high on even said. Don't remember anyone saying that was his true ability

Except that doesn't make sense because math. He's very clearly a really streaky shooter. Nothing about his shooting screams that this is a true indication of his ability. Especially considering that teams are still, understandably, daring him to shoot. It's just as ridiculous to take this sample and say this is who he is as it would be to take the beginning of the year, which most of the people who aren't high on even said. Don't remember anyone saying that was his true ability

Then you're wrong. Alot of people were saying he's Rubio and that he can't shoot.

Rubio has had plenty of stretches in his career where he's shooting well, including this year so...... You can't rule that out

Rubio is a career 31.7% shooter that only averages 2.3 attempts a game.
You are wrong. Lonzo ain't no Rubio.

And yes, at the time, he couldn't. He was the worst shooter in the league. I also don't know if his recent shooting is completely indicative of the shooter that he might actually be. Why not be somewhere in the middle? Take into account the entire sample. All I am saying. Not rocket science.
Nah fam. The only numbers that matter are the ones I like. They're the true indicators of skill.

Rubio comparison is still pretty fair thus far. Comparisons aren't meant to be exact but they have the same profile as far as strengths and weaknesses thus far. Lonzo takes more 3's, but he still hasn't proven to be a shooter worthy of throwing away that comparison so other than that, what makes that comparison so blasphemous?

Rubio is shooting 45.7 from 3 in last 15 games.

Every NBA player goes through hot streaks at one point in time.

Not saying Ball is going thru one cause his overall sample size is so small.

And Lonzo is 31% on 5 attempts. Saying I'm wrong doesn't actually make me wrong. There's no reasonable way you can say he isn't the same level of player as Rubio. None. And that wasn't even the argument in the first place. You brought up Rubio like it was outlandish when he's done basically the EXACT same thing in the same year. On top of being that level player isn't bad anyways

Rubio comparison is still pretty fair thus far. Comparisons aren't meant to be exact but they have the same profile as far as strengths and weaknesses thus far. Lonzo takes more 3's, but he still hasn't proven to be a shooter worthy of throwing away that comparison so other than that, what makes that comparison so blasphemous?
Just depends on where folks project prime Lonzo as opposed to first few years lonzo

And Lonzo is 31% on 5 attempts. Saying I'm wrong doesn't actually make me wrong. There's no reasonable way you can say he isn't the same level of player as Rubio. None. And that wasn't even the argument in the first place. You brought up Rubio like it was outlandish when he's done basically the EXACT same thing in the same year. On top of being that level player isn't bad anyways
I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept :lol:

Rubio is shooting 45.7 from 3 in last 15 games.

Every NBA player goes through hot streaks at one point in time.

Not saying Ball is going thru one cause his overall sample size is so small.

Rubio is shooting 43.2% from three in his last 15 games on 3 attempts a game.
Lonzo is shooting 40.2% from three in his last 15 games on 6 attempts a game.

Lonzo is still having a better streak given the attempts. Rubio is 27 (7th season). Lonzo is 20 as a rookie.

How bout the sample size of 82 games isnt even enough especially if he was injured
But those bricks were horrible
IMG_20171022_160417.jpg

Lonzo will be a serviceable 3 point shooter over his career a la Kidd

He’s not horrible like Rondo
Not good or great

Somewhere around 30-33% is what I’m thinking

A big reason why Zo was "The Worst shooter ever" at the start of the season was because he was missing a ton of open shots.

Receipts can be pulled with this, but it was obvious to me that he would improve in that area. His FT rate is still at 12% while his 3pt rate is at 50%. He's literally hoisting away and I felt that he would eventually start to knock some of those down.

The questions of how good he'll become in the half court and as a scorer and in Screen / Roll are still there. He'll improve in this area as well, but to like, say All star level? I still don't see it. Reads and playmaker are still pretty basic.

This is some bull. I was arguing this very fact earlier and I redeemed get you in particular giving push back.

Nobody has ever said Lonzo was Steph but ALOT of y'all said Lonzo was Rubio/Rondo based on his first 20 games. Y'all are lying. Don't go back and try and change the narrative now

He ain't Rondo or Rubio. They NEVER shot like this in their rookie season.

Rubio is shooting 43.2% from three in his last 15 games on 3 attempts a game.
Lonzo is shooting 40.2% from three in his last 15 games on 6 attempts a game.

Lonzo is still having a better streak given the attempts. Rubio is 27 (7th season). Lonzo is 20 as a rookie.

Literally none of this is relevant. People compared him to Rubio for a reason. That is very clearly playing itself out RIGHT NOW. No one said it would be the best Lonzo could be, just that it makes way more sense to compare those two than it is to compare Lonzo to JASON ******* KIDD. Why must yall make this more than what it is

Nobody has ever said Lonzo was Steph but ALOT of y'all said Lonzo was Rubio/Rondo based on his first 20 games. Y'all are lying. Don't go back and try and change the narrative now

Rubio shot 34% from 3 as a rookie. Lonzo currently at 32%. Just because Lonzo is taking more attempts doesn't make him a better shooter.

Lonzo has been a terrible shooter this season. The Rondo / Rubio comparisons are still valid. Just because Zo is taking more 3's than those two doesn't make that comparison null and void. They have the same strengths and weaknesses. His first 25 games matter just as much as the last 15 or 20 if we're looking at his entire season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom