• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so all i'm trying to get out of you at this point is what do we truly regard as the MVP. Is it best statistics, team success, 4th quarter clutch-ness and so on or do we just throw as many arbitrary categories at the wall until we just throw our hands up and throw a dart at the top 5 candidates and call it a day.
It is a combination of best statistics and team success. Things which LeBron does not lead in this season.

I laugh at the people that still say the East is weaker than the West because 90% of the time it’s only just to throw shots at LeBron :lol:
But the East has been weaker than the West in most of the post-Jordan era. Even when it was closest the East has been very top heavy.

The hell are you talking about, you're making an MVP case for a player with lesser stats and success but want to include bottom feeder teams in the discussion for whatever reason?

What does other teams needing an overhaul have to do with Lebron somehow overachieving? And deer god, if you can answer it, where should the Cavs be right now and how many of the teams behind them should be afront?
1. Lesser stats? go back a few pages or do some of your own research and you'll see as I stated before that both Harden and James are practically identical statistically this season.
2. The reason why the Cavs survived a roster overhaul is almost if not entirely in part because they have LeBron James. The only other team that could survive that kind of team construct shift would be the Warriors who have 4 hall of fame players.
3. As proven several different times in NBA history, just because your team is a 1 seed it doesn't always mean that you have the MVP on your roster, as your record is only as good as the players around you - which is only the most single fundamental thing when looking at team success in sports. So how can you expect me to answer your question? You want me to give you some random placing of where I personally think the Cavs should be in the East? No answer I give you would serve any strength in my overall question of how are we really judging the MVP award. deer god man.

It is a combination of best statistics and team success. Things which LeBron does not lead in this season.
ok thanks. So then help me understand how Westbrook got it last year when Harden had great stats and a better record?

ok thanks. So then help me understand how Westbrook got it last year when Harden had great stats and a better record?
Westbrook didn't deserve the MVP last year. He won because of massive media narrative hype among fans/reporters who don't watch basketball, because of A. The anger over Durant leaving and B. The sticker shock of the triple double average as if it was worth more than 1 fewer rebound and 1 more assist.

A lot of very smart people say the MVP should be determined by whose team suffers more in the event that they are removed from the team. Between harden and LeBron, who is a more appropriate choice for MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom