Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Statistically someone posted some crazy numbers in favor of gobert

Pretty sure he should win as much as I like Joel
From an article written a few days ago-

"Since re-entering the lineup Jan. 19, the Jazz have played 28 games and won 23 of them, all while holding teams to 96.8 points per 100 possessions. That’s a 5.9-point advantage over the second-best team during this span — which is the same difference between the No. 2 team and the No. 18 team.

The other stats check out, too. Gobert’s 2.4 blocks per game would be second in the league, if he qualified. With Gobert defending, opposing players shoot about 58 percent within five feet of the rim. His Defensive Real Plus-Minus — a stat that attempts to measure impact while accounting for teammates and opponents — is plus-5.46, best in the league.

Gobert’s real value, though, comes from what he prevents offenses from doing. That 58 percent field goal percentage against near the rim is good, but not spectacular. The best centers this season are allowing just 51 or 52 percent of shots like that to go in.

But in many instances, teams have stopped challenging Gobert altogether. His percentage is higher because many players driving to the rim won’t even bother attempting the difficult layups over him that they’d try and miss against anyone else."

"Since re-entering the lineup Jan. 19, the Jazz have played 28 games and won 23 of them, all while holding teams to 96.8 points per 100 possessions. That’s a 5.9-point advantage over the second-best team during this span — which is the same difference between the No. 2 team and the No. 18 team.

The other stats check out, too. Gobert’s 2.4 blocks per game would be second in the league, if he qualified. With Gobert defending, opposing players shoot about 58 percent within five feet of the rim. His Defensive Real Plus-Minus — a stat that attempts to measure impact while accounting for teammates and opponents — is plus-5.46, best in the league.

Gobert’s real value, though, comes from what he prevents offenses from doing. That 58 percent field goal percentage against near the rim is good, but not spectacular. The best centers this season are allowing just 51 or 52 percent of shots like that to go in.

But in many instances, teams have stopped challenging Gobert altogether. His percentage is higher because many players driving to the rim won’t even bother attempting the difficult layups over him that they’d try and miss against anyone else."
Good stuff, I believe hardens beard hardens beard also posted stats that compared gobert to embiid and horford too, made it look crazy or maybe @pch roadwinder

He deserves it.

And I think Utah gets bounced in 5 games in the first round.

I don’t trust Rubio or Donovolume Mitchell in the playoffs yet

Donovan isnt hunting for stats
Let me know when he is consistently passing up layups for assist or stealing boards from teammates

Let me know when he is consistently passing up layups for assist or stealing boards from teammates

russ averaged 10 rebs per game for a season. KD and Lebron have never averaged 10 boards a game for a season. i guess those guys just dont chase stats.

Embiid is definitely DPOY

Let me know when Gobert will willingly switch out on the perimeter and not get beat

1941E22A-B682-4D62-B01D-17B476F09DEF.png

Still waiting for an answer on this one from you

And I think Utah gets bounced in 5 games in the first round.

I don’t trust Rubio or Donovolume Mitchell in the playoffs yet
I mean, the team wasn't even supposed to be in to begin with, they cannot match up with anyone on paper. Good season for them

Not sure why you slick talking to Mitchell either, nobody else gonna take the shots especially with hood and ISO Joe gone

Yup, this was it

If Mitchell is still this 5 years from now, that would be a big issue. He would not be that impressive of a player. The reason people are excited and impressed is because he is a rookie.

Absolutely. The talent is obviously there. Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat thinks I dissed his boy but I wasn’t. If they draw GSW in the first round with no Steph, some will think Utah has a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom