Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

Suns like

wTHIyTj.gif

wTHIyTj

wTHIyTj

Last edited:
Houston better place mats in the main streets and pray 5 times a day in the direction of Mecca that Curry, Klay, Dray and KD don't suit up together before the 2nd round and find a rhythm.

Rested Curry, Thompson and KD? Durant/Curry P&R?

*Here's to Harden not owing any bookies stacks this playoffs. Cheers

Last edited:
Houston better place mats in the main streets and pray 5 times a day in the direction of Mecca that Curry, Klay, Dray and KD don't suit up together before the 2nd round and find a rhythm.

Rested Curry, Thompson and KD? Durant/Curry P&R?

For the yougins in here

Last edited:

Short thread

is today's talent not better than what it was in the 90's? like we can all agree about that right? Players like porzingis, KAT, melo, giannis, harden, bron, and countless others would make players from the 90's look foolish.

Magic and bird would be 6th men off the bench in today's nba.

One thing that I notice we do when looking at stars from past generations is look at them in their "current" form and see if they would be able to compete with the modern athlete.

Well, if Larry Bird and Magic Johnson were born in 1993, they would have access to modern medicine, training, and skill-sets. Magic would definitely be Euro-Stepping, throwing look away passes to Byron Scott in the corn.

Bird would definitely be side-stepping, using crazy footwork, making dudes look foolish.

We should stop looking at the old players as limited basketball players because they didn't grow up in this era. Of course the modern player had advancements in their games that older players didn't have, that is a result of TIME.

But I feel the best of the best would flourish in any era.

We also do the same in the inverse. We like taking MODERN athletes (current form) and placing them in a time-machine into previous eras. Sure, if current DeAndre Jordan was hand-picked to time travel to 1960, he might be viewed as one of the greatest centers in NBA History.

But if DeAndre Jordan was born in 1945, and was raised the way athletes of the 1960s were raised, would he still be "DeAndre Jordan" (current form)?

I don't think so.

Magic and bird would be 6th men off the bench in today's nba.
Statement really bothers me, because we are talking about two of the greatest individual talents this game has ever seen.

Imagine Bird playing in an era where the 3PT Shot was attempted as much as it is today.

Imagine Magic playing in this era as well, he would have no choice but to develop a 3PT Shot. He could get away with not shooting 3's back then because it just came about in 1979. Watch those older games man, teams didn't know how to use the 3PT shot. But with this up and down, open court style of play in today's game, Magic would be in Heaven.

Hell, Ben Simmons is flourishing and he can't shoot at all, but Magic would be a 6th man? Not sure about that logic

I also take into consideration the rules and the physicality of the other eras.
Right, folks were getting MAN-handled and still found ways to be wildly successful. But you are telling me they would struggle in today's game where defensive players can't lay a finger on the offense because the Powers that be want a more free-flowing (high scoring / entertaining) game?

Right, folks were getting MAN-handled and still found ways to be wildly successful. But you are telling me they would struggle in today's game where defensive players can't lay a finger on the offense because the Powers that be want a more free-flowing (high scoring / entertaining) game?
It’s equally as dumb to assume that today’s players couldn’t play in earlier eras cause it was more physical... and I hear that argument from old people a lot.

It’s equally as dumb to assume that today’s players couldn’t play in earlier eras cause it was more physical... and I hear that argument from old people a lot.
I agree 100%.

A great player will simply make a way. People are simply products of their environments/eras in which they were raised.

If this is that thread showing all those Jordan vids looking like he’s playing against the globetrotters :rofl:
That is a testament to how great HE was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom