• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

He can't force the Lakers to give him his max. The market is limited as far as teams to offer him even 20 mil. They'll know they're 2 max situation by the time they'll have to make a decision. There's no pressure. If they just get PG, he'll be resigned.

Anyone who is disrespecting the great Larry Bird I will never take serious again. It is insane how good he was and I didn't even get to watch him in his prime. You telling me Dirk took family men past, at the time, the greatest team assembled in the finals but Larry couldn't be anything besides a 6 man?

I'm not dissing Dirk btw, he's arguably the greatest PF ever but Larry is top 5-7 ever.

So you think he’s gonna resign at 12.4 a year this summer?

No but it won't be 24 or whatever the maximum amount is. 16-18 is fine. Doesn't kill us going forward either. It literally made no sense to sign him long term last summer based on what he'd shown up to that point.

Reactions: God
He can't force the Lakers to give him his max. The market is limited as far as teams to offer him even 20 mil. They'll know they're 2 max situation by the time they'll have to make a decision. There's no pressure. If they just get PG, he'll be resigned.
So if not the max, how much do you think a team will offer him? It's gonna be a bag, max or not

Randle has all the leverage, LAL will pay him a bag or have to let him go

So if not the max, how much do you think a team will offer him? It's gonna be a bag, max or not

Randle has all the leverage, LAL will pay him a bag or have to let him go

I've consistently said he'll get anywhere from 16-18 mil. That's completely doable for LA provided they don't get the 2 max deals (he could actually be retained at those numbers if they can get out of the Deng deal w/2 maxes). The timetable and RFA works in our favor though.

No but it won't be 24 or whatever the maximum amount is. 16-18 is fine. Doesn't kill us going forward either. It literally made no sense to sign him long term last summer based on what he'd shown up to that point.

Who said anything about the max? Point is there’s no way Randle’s agent is agreeing to 12.4 when he’s outplayed that figure.

Thanks captain obvious

Exactly why Randle’s agent is coming into the Lakers office like this
F3BA06CC-C9D8-45E0-AC94-0F08788210D8.png

It's literally the exact opposite from Randle "having no leverage honestly."

He played his way into a significantly larger deal this season. Lakers will have to pay AT LEAST 50% more in order to keep him.

Point is the Lakers probably regret not signing Randle to 12 when they had a chance.

Nah. There was serious concerns about them getting to 2 max slots with JC's deal on the books and if the Cavs hadn't fallen completely apart he'd likely still be here cause the market was cool on him. They did the right thing. An extra 6 mil to Juju was worth it long term for both parties.

Mavs are going to have $42M in cap space this summer and a glaring need for a big. No reason for them not to offer Randle a max. After that, they could still sign a few other good players with the $18M or so left over. Then Wes Matthews $18M comes off the books the following summer.

EDIT- Missed a cap hold. They'll actually be a bit over $20M.

Last edited:
Just checked sportstrac. Looks like DAL after cap holds could have 23 mill. If they want to give Juju that big of a bag, I'll drive him to LAX.

Nah. There was serious concerns about them getting to 2 max slots with JC's deal on the books and if the Cavs hadn't fallen completely apart he'd likely still be here cause the market was cool on him. They did the right thing. An extra 6 mil to Juju was worth it long term for both parties.

12.4 is his cap hold.

What your telling me is they couldn’t move him for an expiring contract at the deadline if things didn’t go well?

At minimum they would got 2 two second rounders ala Sixers when they traded Noel.

Not to discredit it, but is it just me or does it seem like getting a triple double these days is a bit easier. Game is much faster, much more possessions, we got bigs that can do everything.

Literally everyone getting triple doubles. In 5 years wouldn’t be surprised if multiple players average one throughout the season.

Considering Ben has more triple doubles himself this year than 27 of the 30 teams in the NBA I don’t think this is really the case

12.4 is his cap hold.

What your telling me is they couldn’t move him for an expiring contract at the deadline if things didn’t go well?

At minimum they would got 2 two second rounders ala Sixers when they traded Noel.

No they couldn't. The market was what it was. And who's to say he would have been motivated to play as well after he already got paid. There's definitely something of a contract year effect going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom