• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
5 teams in the West won 50+ games last year. 2 did this year, and the 2nd place team is going to have 9 more wins than the 3rd place team.

West definitely down this year, outside of HOU and GS, compared to past years.

Orrr there was simply more talent spread around the West making it harder for teams to scratch off easy victories against the bottom of the conference, especially with fewer teams tanking.

Can’t wait to see Brown wax the Raptors. Their bench is on point but no shot ice cold playoff Lowry and Derozan gonna beat healthy LeBron and a solid roster

5 teams in the West won 50+ games last year. 2 did this year, and the 2nd place team is going to have 9 more wins than the 3rd place team.

This proves nothing. Top to bottom it's was more competitive this year. 47 wins is the most a 8th seed had to win in years.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink

This was your outlook on OKC before the season started (before the melo trade). You had them as the #2 seed.

"The more i think about it, and look at the roster OKC might be my favorites to come in 2nd place in the West ( i would love to speculate a chance against the W's, but if that team is healthy there's not much anybody can do)

But they have all the components to be a really dangerous team, especially come playoff time.

- 2 guys who can create for themselves when the offense breaks down
- two Elite perimeter defenders & a good rim protector
- huge mismatch off the bench
- Role players who compliment their best 3 extremely well

Only thing this OKC roster is missing is another guard off the bench who can come in & give you great shooting, Felton is cool but he's not gonna be a spark most nights as far as scoring the ball. But if Mcbuckets, Abrines or T. Ferg can step up this season then things get really interesting for them. they have two players on the roster who are excellent catch & shoot players & due to PG arrival both will get much more time with Russell on the court."

Derozan and Lowry looking at the Playoff bracket right now after getting the #1 seed

giphy.gif
I still got them coming out the east...I don’t trust Clarkson in the playoffs.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink

This was your outlook on OKC before the season started (before the melo trade). You had them as the #2 seed.

"The more i think about it, and look at the roster OKC might be my favorites to come in 2nd place in the West ( i would love to speculate a chance against the W's, but if that team is healthy there's not much anybody can do)

But they have all the components to be a really dangerous team, especially come playoff time.

- 2 guys who can create for themselves when the offense breaks down
- two Elite perimeter defenders & a good rim protector
- huge mismatch off the bench
- Role players who compliment their best 3 extremely well

Only thing this OKC roster is missing is another guard off the bench who can come in & give you great shooting, Felton is cool but he's not gonna be a spark most nights as far as scoring the ball. But if Mcbuckets, Abrines or T. Ferg can step up this season then things get really interesting for them. they have two players on the roster who are excellent catch & shoot players & due to PG arrival both will get much more time with Russell on the court."

Make this CLEAR that This Was Before The Melo Trade & I said they were my favorite to finish second

What i don't get about the Russ is the common denominator narrative is that teams he have been on have been rather successful with him playing like that. he's made the Finals & lost to the Lebron/Wade/Bosh Heat, Lost to the Pop/Duncan/Parker Spurs & the 73-9 Warriors... his style of play has clearly helped his teams more than it hurt.

As far as OKC goes, them having such a high ranked Defense is what has been most surprising to me i thought that would be the hardest thing to come together. It's of no surprise to me that guys who are use to being the #1 options & having to create most of the offense themselves are taking awhile to really form chemistry on offense. Especially to close the games which they have now had three losses coming at the end of close games.

As i see it now they will probably still finish a top 4 seed & depending on Kawhi health will be the second hardest team to beat come playoff time in the West. they along with everyone else in the league are simply vying for a chance to get annihilated by the Warriors but the road there will be great for them.

Also for the second time with all these people getting hype for statlines on mediocre teams why are AD & Boogie getting no love for what they are doing with EASILY the worst constructed roster in the league?

This Is from November 8th after i actually saw the team together with Melo & how lost they looked early on. I Also Did not Expect Houston to be anywhere near as good. So Yes after the PG trade i expected this team to be extremely good, I saw what they looked like after two weeks & fixed my expectations a bit. They ended up a top 4 seed.

giphy.gif

https://www.nbabracketology.com/group/view/11166

Registration for the 2018 Bracket Challenge is live, the password is "niketalk123"

Registration closes at the start of the first playoff game, there will be NO EXCEPTIONS

You have to create a bracket before you can join a group as an FYI, you will be provided with a link to do so once you select "Join This Group"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom