• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not insane. Deng got brick feet and can't do almost anything right.

Right. It was insane to start him in the first place. But to start someone then completely take him out of the rotation the very next day / game is wild. That's not stable coaching at all. Those types of gymnastics are not normally seen by a head coach at the NBA level.

Even if the decision to start Luol was stupid (it was) IMO you can't just put him on the inactive, that's just amateurish to me.

Right. It was insane to start him in the first place. But to start someone then completely take him out of the rotation the very next day / game is wild. That's not stable coaching at all. Those types of gymnastics are not normally seen by a head coach at the NBA level.

Even if the decision to start Luol was stupid (it was) IMO you can't just put him on the inactive, that's just amateurish to me.
Not gonna defend Luke there that he started LOLDeng, but I think he wanted some sort of veteran presence in the lineup, so he probably wanted to give Deng one more chance. Obviously we all saw that Deng has nothing in the tank.
Crack Brewer may suck, but at least he gives way more effort and energy on defense and hustle plays, which is why he started today.

I didn't get a chance to catch the game. I haven't looked at the box score or see highlights either. What about Jackson and Bender? How did they look?

Yes the hell you can. Lol It's called correcting a mistake.

Yes you can, he obviously just did it.

But it's a practice most NBA coaches hardly ever indulge in. What kind of team you running where you start a player in game 1 of the season, and in game 2 on a b2b you don't even let him suit up? That screams insecurity

Randle looking like the second coming of terrence jones hope he goes straight to China.

Terrence Jones had talent man but was such a selfish player.

Yes you can, he obviously just did it.

But it's a practice most NBA coaches hardly ever indulge in. What kind of team you running where you start a player in game 1 of the season, and in game 2 on a b2b you don't even let him suit up? That screams insecurity
What are you talking about lol
He saw that it didn't work, corrected it, and gave more minutes to Kuzma and Brewer.
I don't see a huge issue with this.
If Deng were to be trash for the first 20 games, then he decides to make him inactive for the rest of the year, then yeah I would be thinking Luke is being a dumbass. But this isn't the case.

What's wrong with him? It's his second damn game of his career.

Da ironing

Embiid doesn't look right. He's lumbering up and down the court. Lost some of his agility. I think he needs to lose weight.

He always looked like that to me. Granted I didn't see the game but he's kinda slothish with his movements

Draymond is one player that I can confidently say would've survived in the 80s/90s era NBA. Plenty of mouth and plenty of skill and gritty as hell.

Plenty what?

I guess the Lakers aren't quite as bad as the Suns.

Lakers - .500
Celtics - .333

Yes the hell you can. Lol It's called correcting a mistake.

Lol right. It was stupid to start him, not to bench him. And he's a x year vet. If you give him a chance like that and he shows you he's not ready, it's a wrap. He doesn't get the same slack as a younger player who's still developing

tenor.gif

Didn’t see the game but from the Zo highlights, apparently PHX decided to say eff defense. :lol:

Glad to see Zo bounce back though, regardless of the opponent. Those types of games can do wonders for confidence, especially for a rookie.

Randle looking like the second coming of terrence jones hope he goes straight to China.

Terrence Jones had talent man but was such a selfish player.

I thought Jones had a higher ceiling than Jordan Hill, but he ended up being an even lazier version of Jordan Hill. He'd give you a 28/10 game, then go on a milk carton for weeks at a time

Deng started game 1 but only played like 9minutes.
Taking him to 0 this game isn't a big deal.
Luke still isn't a head Coach but Deng starting, playing 9minutes and then playing Zero isn't why Luke isn't a head Coach.
He isn't a Head coach because he can't rotate the right guys ever, not just in Deng's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom