• No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on the NBA season thus far:

-Ben Simmons is by and far away the best rookie
-DSJ may be injury prone (biggest reason he dropped so low to begin with)
-Lonzo is really good but will be limited against teams that stop the semi fast break due to limited quickness in the halfcourt game.
-Malik Monk and Donovan Mitchell been dissapoint thus far.
-Kuzma needs to be getting as many minutes as he can handle. He's legit. Randle is awful.

Lakers pace tonight was at a 121 b. BKN led the league in pace last year at 101, No he can't :lol: unless every game is going to be played like it's the 1960's

But he made some shots tonight that were encouraging
Your point is going to be difficult for people to understand...

Like I said last night, he looked extremely comfortable in last night's Chino Hills-esque setting. He was aggressive and was making the right plays. My worry with him, as it has always been, is when the game slows down and isn't played at the frantic pace that he thrives in. His skillset becomes marginalized a bit in the halfcourt. Lakers have some interesting matchups over the next week or so, and it'll be fun to see what the pace looks like. Definitely some encouraging play from Lonzo last night, but I would take it with a grain of salt.

And somehow, this is going to be considered as me hating on him :lol:

Your point is going to be difficult for people to understand...

Like I said last night, he looked extremely comfortable in last night's Chino Hills-esque setting. He was aggressive and was making the right plays. My worry with him, as it has always been, is when the game slows down and isn't played at the frantic pace that he thrives in. His skillset becomes marginalized a bit in the halfcourt. Lakers have some interesting matchups over the next week or so, and it'll be fun to see what the pace looks like. Definitely some encouraging play from Lonzo last night, but I would take it with a grain of salt.

And somehow, this is going to be considered as me hating on him :lol:

You're talking about a rookie PG who put up 29 11 and 9 in his second game. He doesn't need to be able to do this in a slow game, the fact that he can do it at a fast pace at all is incredibly impressive. Considering the learning curve for rookie PGs (look at De'Angelo now compared to his rookie year). So I don't really think any grain of salt is necessary.

In that respect it's not hating but this isn't the type of situation where you need to throw cold water on a rookie's performance. So it sounds like some borderline envy coming from a Celts fan.

Obviously I'm not a Laker fan either.

You're talking about a rookie PG who put up 29 11 and 9 in his second game. He doesn't need to be able to do this in a slow game, the fact that he can do it at a fast pace at all is incredibly impressive. Considering the learning curve for rookie PGs (look at De'Angelo now compared to his rookie year). So I don't really think any grain of salt is necessary.

In that respect it's not hating but this isn't the type of situation where you need to throw cold water on a rookie's performance. So it sounds like some borderline envy coming from a Celts fan.

Obviously I'm not a Laker fan either.
The only point I'm really trying to make is that he has a much larger impact on the game as a whole when the game is played at a frantic pace like last night. I think he is able to dictate that pace to a certain point, but it will be extremely difficult to do against 75% of the teams in the league.

If you'd like to call that throwing cold water on a rookie's performance, so be it.

:rofl:@ borderline envy

Lonzo played a high school team last night. Doesn't count.

413432539.jpg

all this talk about the halfcourt game, when Lonzo seemed just fine in the pick & roll/pop yesterday. I also remember hearing the same thing about D'lo & for the past two years he seemed just fine getting to the rack.

all this talk about the halfcourt game, when Lonzo seemed just fine in the pick & roll/pop yesterday. I also remember hearing the same thing about D'lo & for the past two years he seemed just fine getting to the rack.

Exactly. Zo did the majority of his work in halfcourt offense running the screen game with Nance Kuz and B'Lo. He kept it himself and took it to the rack, he worked the midrange when the lane wasn't open and he pulled up for 3 when they went under. He hit rollers in the lane for easy money, he hit Lopez on the fade. Only thing he didn't really do was skip it to the wing. He's picking up the nuances of pnr/pnp hella quick with that big brain. Not really sure what some of yall are talking about

I think he is able to dictate that pace to a certain point, but it will be extremely difficult to do against 75% of the teams in the league.

Why?

Was it extremely difficult for Nash to do it in PHX against 100% of the league for all those years?

You think the Lakers can replicate the pace from yesterday all season long?

I fail to see who said Lonzo was going to average 29-11-9 on the season. Nothing wrong with appreciating the game he had last night. Damn impressive for a rookie PG.

You think the Lakers can replicate the pace from yesterday all season long?

Can the rockets? So why not the lakers. It was pointed out earlier that the Nets led the league in pace last year. Of course I don't expect them to put up 140 every nite but the whole game plan is to push the pace

Reactions: MVP
Can the rockets? So why not the lakers. It was pointed out earlier that the Nets led the league in pace last year. Of course I don't expect them to put up 140 every nite but the whole game plan is to push the pace

The Rockets' pace isn't predicated on athleticism.

:lol: now he’s playing high school teams. In a high school esque game :lol:

Lol. And these are the “unbiased” ones?

Fam was getting buckets in the halfcourt. Particularly in crunch time. :lol:
Like I said before dudes already got their minds up who they like. When Zo has a bad it's "OMG he's flawed" when he plays good it's "he was ok but....". Dudes want to be right so bad. 19 year old rookie who was great in college had 29, 11, 9 in his second NBA game. Almost became the youngest to ever get a triple dub. He was scoring in half court, fast breaks, mid range, hitting 3's, making great passes. Kid is gifted.

He's still growing. He'll struggle and have bad games but he's gonna keep learning and getting better.

Reactions: God
:lol: now he’s playing high school teams. In a high school esque game :lol:

Lol. And these are the “unbiased” ones?

Fam was getting buckets in the halfcourt. Particularly in crunch time. :lol:

Against lockdown defense like this

Zo looked great last night. It was an impressive showing but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that what happened yesterday was either normal or sustainable.
He thrived in a zero defense game with an insanely high pace. Most of the games he plays in his career will not be like last night's.
He will most likely be a good player in the NBA but last night is not the best indicator of that. He and Lakers fans should still feel good tho.
Those numbers are impressive from anyone in an NBA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom