• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DK-cZIUVwAAgXlD.jpg

Mike
Kobe
Dion
Wade

I think Durant will be MVP, He would've been in the running last season if it wasn't for his injury. Warriors will be up there in wins and he most likely wont be injured for a good portion of the season again.

Nowhere does it say LAC is giving DJ a max and they won't. (I hope) it'll be around 3/75 I'd guess

You know what, I've had it with myself for that comparison

I've exfoliated

My main point was that Ball should be on his way to nice things and a nice career, including AS appearances

Nope don't see it tbh. I don't think you can just become a dynamo PnR player or a player with off the bounce ability in the NBA when it was hardly ever seen in college. He's almost a 2 guard that can't create for himself in a sense

Those are almost prerequisites for an AS level PG today. He also doesn't project to be a prolific scorer, something that's almost common with every good PG today. Steph, Russ, CP, Wall, dame, Kyrie, Lowry, mike Conley put up 21 a game this past year man.

I think there's a ceiling on how good he can be largely because his skill set doesn't seem like it'll allow him to be an AS level player

Wouldn't even care if they sat him for months. Season is a wash anyways

The only thing it does it allow OKC to avoid that second round washing by GSW.

Nope don't see it tbh. I don't think you can just become a dynamo PnR player or a player with off the bounce ability in the NBA when it was hardly ever seen in college. He's almost a 2 guard that can't create for himself in a sense

Those are almost prerequisites for an AS level PG today. He also doesn't project to be a prolific scorer, something that's almost common with every good PG today. Steph, Russ, CP, Wall, dame, Kyrie, Lowry, mike Conley put up 21 a game this past year man.

I think there's a ceiling on how good he can be largely because his skill set doesn't seem like it'll allow him to be an AS level player
The issue with your way of thinking is that you fail to realize Ball is 19. The point guards you named are damn near 30 outside of Irving and Dame, and even then those guys are significantly older than Ball. So this "today" speak is almost moot

We don't know how the game will evolve or change by the time Ball is those guys' age. In 8-10 years we could be seeing a completely different brand of basketball and the guys you named will be long away from their primes

Your logic is just a bit shortsighted in that sense

The issue with your way of thinking is that you fail to realize Ball is 19. The point guards you named are damn near 30 outside of Irving and Dame, and even then those guys are significantly older than Ball. So this "today" speak is almost moot

We don't know how the game will evolve or change by the time Ball is those guys' age. In 8-10 years we could be seeing a completely different brand of basketball and the guys you named will be long away from their primes

Your logic is just a bit shortsighted in that sense

I mean, he is 19 but him not being able to play out of PnR or be able to create for himself isn't an age thing. That's not something that you can get with age I don't believe. All of the pgs of today were playing out of PnR way more than Ball was even at the same age of Lonzo.

The issue is that it is unlikely that the NBA is going to go away from PnR's with their PGs. At least it doesn't seem like it. Like, in 3, 4 years I doubt NBA lead guards will just stop using Pick and Roll as a primary means to get into actions and what not.

What Ball lacks in physical foot speed he at the very least has noticeable high IQ. I don't see why he couldn't be a crafty type of PG out of PnR using his hip and pace/timing to be effective out of it

You definitely won't be able to go under the screen on him for many years. His shot will come along, I would bet $150 on it

His many other attributes and gifts tip the scales for me to at least make a few AS appearances. Kyle Lowry for the love of God. At the same age Ball is ahead of him, PnR or not

i dont understand why someone doesn't believe that he could grow into being a better Pick & Roll guy, Also people are acting like ZO is andre miler as far as speed goes, plus he's 6'6

i dont understand why someone doesn't believe that he could grow into being a better Pick & Roll guy, Also people are acting like ZO is andre miler as far as speed goes, plus he's 6'6

Growing into being a better PnR guy is not the same as growing into playing PnR at an AS level despite not doing it at all in HS or College.

Can he become better at it? Sure. But becoming great at it after having no experience with it coming into the league is farfetched to me. One of the hardest things to improve on as a ball player is your handle and he'd have to make a sizeable leap in his handle ability and flat out jigs to become a really good PnR player and individual offensive player in general.

And he's definitely a good athlete, but him not being able to create off the bounce or play out of Pick and Roll has more to do with him not having the skill for it rather than athletic ability.

Last edited:
The way I look at it is at the same age, compare some of the other PG's in the past 20 years who've made the AS game.. I just feel like it's farfetched to count him out at just 19/20 years of age because of PnR. Who's to say he can't just become average at it?

It'll be fun to monitor Ball as well as Simmons' shooting

why are ya'll so obsessed with the Lakers man lmaooo....... i go back a few pages to see Westbrook signed & literally the next two pages were Lakers talk

My boy who works for he Bucks just said Giannis’ pops died. Is this true? :frown: :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom