• No. 8

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In reference to our earlier conversation, there's a very clear difference in the ease in which Jeff Teague runs the PnR and Lonzo. I think what those of us who are not high on him are seeing are the nuances he doesn't have (and has never shown). Bad angles, not a tight handle, doesn't have a middle game. And this is just in comparison to a starting level lead guard. Also why, in my opinion, trading Dlo instead of just keeping him was insanely stupid. He was more than capable of providing that.
I wish they would have kept Ratsull. Defensively wouldn't have been good though

In reference to your comment earlier, again, how can you say something like that? Are you saying any All-Star who was a 2nd round selection didn't improve his game to the level you say is not possible? You are essentially saying players are finished products before they reach 20

Kuzma gonna mess around and be the Lakers best pick this year
Well I would hope an 8 year veteran starter would run the PnR with ease at this point in his career

That's not the point. There are some things that you need to show well before becoming a professional player. A PG, at this level, should be taking the right angles for example as second nature. There's some nuance in running PnR that you could legitimately argue is a talent, not so much a skill.

kuzma 15 points 5 rebounds 22 minutes

randle 15 points 7 rebounds in 21 minutes

one sucks and needs to be traded the other is untouchable and has the laker thread going wild :lol:
basic stats dont tell the whole story and is a lazy way to look at things . one is also a rookie.

jsindaa jsindaa I agree. But I feel that he's not great at it because he's never really done it. I need to see him fail at it for a season or two before I say he's not capable of reaching the same level as a vet

I wish they would have kept Ratsull. Defensively wouldn't have been good though

In reference to your comment earlier, again, how can you say something like that? Are you saying any All-Star who was a 2nd round selection didn't improve his game to the level you say is not possible? You are essentially saying players are finished products before they reach 20

Me saying the difference is humongous is not me saying he can't. It's me saying this is EXACTLY why people aren't high on him. That's probably the most important skill at his position, especially if he's going to become an all star, and it just so happens to be one of the harder skills to learn. On top of not having a tight handle and no mid-range game whatsoever. It really isn't logical to think that he'll put all those things together and be one of the 7 ish best guards in the league solely because he's a gifted passer and 19. I'm not saying I'm some guru that's 100% right, but I don't see good ceiling being that high. Watching him against real NBA level talent just confirms that belief for me as it stands

That's not the point. There are some things that you need to show well before becoming a professional player. A PG, at this level, should be taking the right angles for example as second nature. There's some nuance in running PnR that you could legitimately argue is a talent, not so much a skill.

You’re moving the goal posts. Here’s a scouting report on Jeff Teague coming out of College...

Weaknesses: Slight frame gives strong guards the advantage of bodying him and taking away his driving angles … He is not a pure PG, even though he has good vision and decent ability to deliver the ball, he lacks the mentality of a playmaker … At times very wild and out of control, often overpenetrating and trying to make plays far more difficult than they have to be … His Assist to TO ratio is almost 1/1 for his career, directly speaking on his inability to read the action and make correct plays … He has become a more consistent shooter, but his stroke is still awkward as he shoots it infront of his face, and he takes too long to set his feet. He also shoots a "palmball" instead of getting the ball off of his fingers, but it works so probably no sense in changing it … Still lacks a reliable in-between game, his touch from the midrange is a bit shaky; if he isn’t at the rim, his floater and teardrops are much more inconsistent … Takes a lot of bad shots that come early in the shot clock and are out of the offense … Defensively he lacks focus and fails to put in a consistent effort … A lot of his shortcomings are a direct result of inexperience, he possesses some great tools which should help along in his development … He would benefit as a floor general and playmaker by returning for his junior season, but with such a breakout season, it's likely he will be drafted based on his potential to develop those skills on the fly, and a high draft pick will be difficult to pass up ...

By your standards Teague was never suppose to become a competent PG

Thibs already running Jimmy Butler into the ground

Que the Thibbs laughing gif.

Really would have thought someone in the front office would stand up to him and stop that nonsense. People keep saying Jamal Crawford's game can go on forever. Not after Thibbs finishes with him.

freddy fig freddy fig I meant to tell you earlier but I got caught up delivering this Electric Car and got sidetracked but, that pic you took at the game/practice today was money.

Fog gon' Fog

So at the age of 19 do you believe Kyle Lowry or Mo Williams was showing more AS potential than Ball

Just curious

No, and there's obviously exceptions but when you're talking about players, you're not using outliers like Mo Williams. Hell Jameer Nelson made an AS game too, throw him in There.

Lonzo Ball by Magic Johnson's words, is supposed to be the face of the franchise and the future of the PG position for the Lakers. In that regard, Kyle Lowry or Mo Williams aren't who I'm referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom