OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fultz had ZERO problems getting into the paint against the Wizards.

Getting into the paint is meaningless if you get blocked literally every time you get to the rim or you look out of control and throw up some BS. Never seen somebody get blocked so many damn times at the rim :lol: dude is like 6'5 with a 7 foot wingspan too, it's not like this is JJ Barea or some ****

He has finished a few but I'm going to need to see a LOT more from him.

Fultz shoulder better be the reason this is happening because he's not an #1 pick level talent without elite mid range shot making,.

Add 1 make (inside of the paint) and 4 misses (1 outside of the paint) from tonight and this is Fultz shot chart thru three games. He's 1 of 4 outside of the paint so far.

eyqNs0t.png

NBA gonna have to send an internal memo to all it's players thanks to JJ, Kyrie and Boogie. :lol:

I watched him live yesterday and although I have been trying to make excuses for him, seeing him live was very concerning.

It's not even just about his jumper, he just looked lost out there. When has has the ball, all he is thinking is going straight to the basket, I mean not even lateral movement he does a spin move then goes straight with bigs waiting for him at the rim.

He didn't even show playmaking ability, he played 24 minutes last night and when he fails to make it to the rim, he doesn't even look to set anyone up, he just dumps it to Saric, TJ or Simmons to start a play. It was extremely frustrating to watch.

He took two mid range jumpers, one was a step back, and I had a sigh of relief that he did not completely abandon that, both attempts were flat. There was no arch in his shot whatsoever.

The player you see here is a completely different player:

It's mind boggling and I hope it's the injuries, but coach didn't really run any plays for him either.

On a better note, Simmons was nice. The guy was basically everywhere on the court, although the times that Coach put him as a small ball center did not work well, he go out rebounded and the raps kept driving to the paint and drawing fouls.

He could have easily had a triple double if it were for the rest of the team having a crap night and missing everything.

I legitimately can't think of a PG prospect since like Chris Paul that I thought was as composed as Fultz with the ability to create for both himself and teammates. What I've seen thus far is truly baffling.

I feel like Philly is forcing it and trying to avoid that stigma of having another rookie out. Fultz def doesn't look right though.

I would argue that he was highest ranked Guard prospect since Iverson.
CP3 was drafted at 4, Irving and Wall were #1 but had clear weaknesses in their games, Wade was never in the conversation for a top prospect, Fultz essentially had no weakness in his game, the only negative people would say was that he would rely too much on the mid range (and that was just nitpicking) so yeah, the fact that it disappeared is the strangest thing...

Laurie proving all the doubters wrong (including myself) - I had his absolute ceiling to be Ryan Anderson but that was off.

It's shocking ya know? It's almost like an elite shooting, mobile 7 footer is an effective NBA player.
The Lauri hate made absolutely no sense to me. I honestly think me and you were the only ones who didn't think he'd be a bust.

The Lauri hate made absolutely no sense to me. I honestly think me and you were the only ones who didn't think he'd be a bust.

I'm 99% sure it's because he's a European named Lauri so people automatically think he's soft and will bust.

Actually, it was because other than shooting, he didn't bring anything to the table, his rebounding percentages were extremely low and in the same bucket as Okafor and other disappointing prospects. He was a minus defender and if he allowed more points than he makes, he would have had a hard time seeing minutes, but that depended on the team make.

He's shown hustle, willingness to defend and rebound, he looks hungry out there which is something that's hard to gauge. That's something Anthony Bennit and Okafor lacked. I am glad I was wrong about him, the Bulls need some hope.

Actually, it was because other than shooting, he didn't bring anything to the table, his rebounding percentages were extremely low and in the same bucket as Okafor and other disappointing prospects. He was a minus defender and if he allowed more points than he makes, he would have had a hard time seeing minutes, but that depended on the team make.

He's shown hustle, willingness to defend and rebound, he looks hungry out there which is something that's hard to gauge. That's something Anthony Bennit and Okafor lacked. I am glad I was wrong about him, the Bulls need some hope.

mobility, scoring instincts, quickness attacking closeouts all seem like pretty marketable skills to bring to the table for a 7 footer...but hey what do I know? :lol:

Okafor and Lauri are not in the same bucket in anyhting, Lauri is about 10* more mobile and athletic, than Okafor and fits a role that is in high demand in the NBA as opposed to Okafor, who's player profile (the ground bound non rim protecting post up c) is currently and endangered species.

Lauri is minus rim protector, wouldn't call him a total minus defender, he's mobile and is solid containing switches.

at the very worst case scenario, he's a mobile channing frye who will be in the league for 15 years, medium case mobile ryan anderson,

and best case?
if you can improve his inside the arc scoring, and ability to post up against switches, and if he can credibly defend the four, you might have an all star caliber player.

Monk finally showing signs of life 8)

Also, Laurie Markkanen with 14 and 12 and John Collins with 13 and 5. This is a solid draft class so far.

Lauri is also bigger than I expected. He's a lot more built than Porzingis was for example his rookie season (not that he's on the Porzingod level).

Back
Top Bottom