OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
We still don't know if they dodged a bullet with the guy that they did draft.

I really like Frank. I think he will be very good. You're right that jury is still out.

Monk will be just fine, don't worry about him. Even if he's a young Lou Will or JR Smith that's still a really valuable player.

That's true. However those players are not Monk's floor. Right now he is struggling to score. If he is a Lou Will/Jamal that is fine, but you need to be instant offense in that case.

Rookie class is exciting :pimp:

Let's not OD on proclamations. We're seven games in. Brandon Jennings dropped 55 pts in his 7th career game, and Steph Curry averaged something like 8ppg in that time span :lol:.

Let's not forget Tyreke Evans had one of the GOAT rookie seasons on all time. 20, 5.3, and 5.8

I think only LeBron, MJ, Wilt and Oscar Robertson had 20, 5, 5 as a rookie. That's why I am happy but still cautious about Simmons, one thing that's for sure is that he is a gym rat and works hard on improving his game, in fact, he's already somewhat added a floater to his game and he hasn't played 8 games yet, so all signs are encouraging.

I really like Frank. I think he will be very good. You're right that jury is still out.

His first game showed high defensive IQ, if he can carve out an Avery Bradley type of career, I'd say they picked well, ignoring the fact that they passed on DSJ lol

His first game showed high defensive IQ, if he can carve out an Avery Bradley type of career, I'd say they picked well, ignoring the fact that they passed on DSJ lol

He has already been a game changer on defense. And he's a very good passer. His shot is not broken. I believe he's the youngest or second youngest player in the league right now. There is a LOT to like.

And I might be the last holdout on this, but I am still not sold on DSJ as a longterm solution at PG on a winning team. I think there is a little Steve Francis potential there even though he will definitely get numbers.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see the reason why one would need to feel cautious about Simmons. He is an elite passer, good athlete, and is like 7t tall. He is going to get rebounds and assists, and his size will have him living in the paint. Developing a jumper will "unlock" him even more.

I honestly don't see the reason why one would need to feel cautious about Simmons. He is an elite passer, good athlete, and is like 7t tall. He is going to get rebounds and assists, and his size will have him living in the paint. Developing a jumper will "unlock" him even more.

As a Sixer fan who went through Bynum, Brand, Evan Turner, Embiid's annual injury, Jah's draft, and Noel. Simmons is has been better than expected but It's become natural extinct for me to keep my reservations before labelling him the next big thing.

As a Sixer fan we have Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons and nobody else does. Hinkie died for this :pimp:

Dillon Brooks defense early on has been amazing. Defending Harden/KD in spurts and not backing down.

I'm honestly surprised to see him doing so well with average lateral quickness and T-Rex arms

Let's not forget Tyreke Evans had one of the GOAT rookie seasons on all time. 20, 5.3, and 5.8

I think only LeBron, MJ, Wilt and Oscar Robertson had 20, 5, 5 as a rookie. That's why I am happy but still cautious about Simmons, one thing that's for sure is that he is a gym rat and works hard on improving his game, in fact, he's already somewhat added a floater to his game and he hasn't played 8 games yet, so all signs are encouraging.
Injuries and the Kings mis management got Tyreke off track after his rookie year :smh: ....after a couple seasons it was clear to see he just wasn’t gon be better than that 1st year

The thing about rookie classes is it really takes a couple seasons to evaluate them. Some guys are doing great now so no knock on them. Frank NT is def showing potential but I think it will be a few years before you can judge him. I think him coming off the bench is the best thing for his development right now.

Dillon Brooks defense early on has been amazing. Defending Harden/KD in spurts and not backing down.

I'm honestly surprised to see him doing so well with average lateral quickness and T-Rex arms

Never heard of him, I just watched his debut and as a second-round pick, he seems like a steal

Also, is Dwayne Bacon (40) outperforming Monk?

Last edited:
There's a reason Reke Havoc was called Layup King, it was a sign he couldn't capably shoot outside.

Simmons has always been that real real

This one was a couple of days old, but worth it:

And Ball of course with another lacklustre shooting game - should Laker fans start to worry?

If you noticed, most of Monks shots were from the top, he never catches the ball anywhere else. If he can adjust his game and learn how to move off ball and cut like Rip, Curry and Reggie Miller, he can carve out a nice career for himself that's more than a sixth man role.

Monk is giving you a little over 3 assists and rebounds COMBINED.... which is in line with his projections.

His skillset is primed to be a hired gun off the bench. Nothing wrong with that. Guys like that can swing playoff games for you.

He's just not an all around guy, never has been. I'm certainly dont expect him to become that at this level.

Monk is giving you a little over 3 assists and rebounds COMBINED.... which is in line with his projections.

His skillset is primed to be a hired gun off the bench. Nothing wrong with that. Guys like that can swing playoff games for you.

He's just not an all around guy, never has been. I'm certainly dont expect him to become that at this level.

Oh for sure, I am not comparing him to them as overall players, I am just saying he can find more efficient ways to score if he learns how to move without the ball. Maybe that will help him be more consistent. He did that to a certain extent in college so I don't doubt he can do that in the NBA.

Also, Charlotte drafted well, they drafted both need and talent.

Lauri, Kuz, man they look special.

And with rookies like i've said in the NBA thread, it's not about the box score. Rookies are always bad, especially teenagers.

I like what i've seen from DSJR, Donavan Mitchell, De'Aaron (He'll be awesome I think once Sac gives him the keys), and Tatum has been :wow: totally didn't expect this level of control and maturity out of him.

Ball is...exactly what I expected...

Tried to tell y’all Bacon gon be a solid wing ...just focus on defense n taking good shot n he Gucci :pimp:

Mad Orlando ain’t get him in the 2nd :smh:

Also, this isn't a rookie but BI has looked really good the last 6 games or so. Coming into his own a bit. Using those long strides to his advantage.

Lauri, Kuz, man they look special.

And with rookies like i've said in the NBA thread, it's not about the box score. Rookies are always bad, especially teenagers.

I like what i've seen from DSJR, Donavan Mitchell, De'Aaron (He'll be awesome I think once Sac gives him the keys), and Tatum has been :wow: totally didn't expect this level of control and maturity out of him.

Ball is...exactly what I expected...

Wait til JI breaks out.

:pimp:

@addict4sneakers like I said, it ain't about the box score stats with rookies this early. It's about what you see. This is some high ceiling level PnR play from D Fox right here. Reject of the screen, getting back to the middle, the wiggle, the finish.

Back
Top Bottom