OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lauri is also bigger than I expected. He's a lot more built than Porzingis was for example his rookie season (not that he's on the Porzingod level).
Better shooter than Porzingis though.

Better shooter than Porzingis though.

Yeah so far. Although Porzingis is a fantastic shooter as well. But he doesn't offer the rim protection and the range of mismatches. Not as athletic either.

Fox found a jump shot that looks like it will only improve. Once he gets it consistent, he his potential is Wall with a jump shot. Wow.

I also like his demeanour way batter than Wall which gives Fox a higher potential as a leader, in my opinion at least.

Simmons and Smith Jr really showed out last night.

Donovan Mitchell is everything Smart wished he could be

Frank Ntilikina had a solid debut a couple of days back and everyone was most impressed with his defence.

Everyone from 1 to 10 has been solid with the exception of the Fultz injury and maybe Jonathan Isaac. Josh Jackson is also still a little raw but he shows flashes. Then you have Mitchell (13), Monk (11) who's hot and cold, John Collins (19), and Kuzma (27).

I am sure we will hear of other players once they get their minutes and get comfortable, I expect names like Jarret Allen, Adebayo and Kennard to come up every once in a while.

Overall, it's been a solid draft class.

Can we change the title of the thread plz? Perhaps include the best player from the draft class....

Monk finally showing signs of life 8)

I hope the kid comes along and really becomes a player for Charlotte. But I can’t see him becoming a starter not beside Kemba, two high volume shooters.

My sleeper is bacon, I think he’s gonna be legit by his 3rd year.

Fox found a jump shot that looks like it will only improve. Once he gets it consistent, he his potential is Wall with a jump shot. Wow.

I also like his demeanour way batter than Wall which gives Fox a higher potential as a leader, in my opinion at least.
23DA7D2A-D979-479D-AD74-AD4DF45FFA9C.png

My favorite outta this draft.

Tatum has been so impressive so far

Expected him to be much less efficient

Doesn't look like a rookie at all

Simmons and Smith Jr really showed out last night.

Donovan Mitchell is everything Smart wished he could be

Frank Ntilikina had a solid debut a couple of days back and everyone was most impressed with his defence.

Everyone from 1 to 10 has been solid with the exception of the Fultz injury and maybe Jonathan Isaac. Josh Jackson is also still a little raw but he shows flashes. Then you have Mitchell (13), Monk (11) who's hot and cold, John Collins (19), and Kuzma (27).

I am sure we will hear of other players once they get their minutes and get comfortable, I expect names like Jarret Allen, Adebayo and Kennard to come up every once in a while.

Overall, it's been a solid draft class.

It would really be something if out of all people, Isaac is the letdown of the bunch

His footwork and overall offensive game is incredibly advanced for a 19 year old. Defensively he’s way better than I thought he’d be. His length really helps him.

23DA7D2A-D979-479D-AD74-AD4DF45FFA9C.png

My favorite outta this draft.

You can tell he is going to be special once he puts it all together.

All the reservations people had about him are all gone. Ball stopper, doesn't play in transition, limited athleticism. Tatum proved them all wrong. He also has a good head above his shoulders, his mother raised him right :nerd:

Can we change the title of the thread plz? Perhaps include the best player from the draft class....

I would, but we have yet to see Fultz healthy...so I changed it to Tatum for now.

yeah, tough break for the kid, he tried to play through it and the Sixers medical and training staff were not doing him any favours. Honestly, I am not surprised they were not replaced with their poor track record.

But to be honest, this is not nearly as big of a blow as the last couple of years since we are competitive and LeSimmons and Embiid are playing phenomenally well.

I doubt Fultz will be out for long, even with a January return, that should be totally fine. At least there are no surgeries required as it is pure Physio right now.

Malik Monk went back down to earth with his 1 for 8 shooting :sick:

It's funny Tatum proved every doubt wrong while Monk is proving every doubt right.
  • Chucker
  • Doesn't bring anything else to the table if he can't score
  • His handles are not tight enough to create plays for other players
I am not sure how he is as a defender, but I can also assume that's not his strong suite. At best, he looks like a JR Smith type of player.

Was wondering if a thread wThis will be a great yr for Tatum's development. He looks great. Perfect situation for him. Brad (and Kyrie :lol: ) are not gonna let him hold the ball. I think he would've developed a lot of bad habits if he had gone somewhere like Phoenix or Chicago. Boston might really take off next season when Hayward returns.

Monk looking like he's destined to be Lou Will. Nothing wrong with that necessarily. But that's where his toolbox is gonna take him.

Posted in another thread but

The kid is special man.

Monk will be just fine, don't worry about him. Even if he's a young Lou Will or JR Smith that's still a really valuable player.

Monk will be just fine, don't worry about him. Even if he's a young Lou Will or JR Smith that's still a really valuable player.

Yup, they've both had long successful careers so far and won 6th man of the year awards and are still contributing. The only knock is that his potential coming in was higher than that and Jr/ Lou being somewhere in the middle. It's not bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom