Official NBA 2k13 Thread

My only real GRIPE about this game is when I get bumped while driving to the basket and there's no call... I mean in REAL LIFE and SIM situations there should be a FOUL called every single time there's contact made while driving to the basket. Do you know how many tickey tack/phantom fouls get called in the NBA???!!!

What's even more garbage is when my guy goes flying into the stands and there's nothing called whatsoever... Like really???!!! My dude is just gonna get bumped hella hard roll into the baseline crowd and lay there for like 20 seconds and there's no stoppage of play???!!! This happens way to frequently in this game.

Also, on ball defense this year is a JOKE... Deadass I feel like I'm on iceskates when Im playing on ball this year. The only real from of DEFENSE is the stupid steal animations when you get beat and you somehow get COOKIES with that stupid reach around animation... That reach around steal probably happens once or twice in a real life NBA game at best. But this **** happens all the time on 2K13.

Here's a youtube of what Im talking about... This is fouls in NBA2K12 but it's the exact same in 2K13... Ya'll know what Im talking about.

Bro play on Sim sliders they literally call everything go to options and switch the sliders to Sim but watch it gets to the point where there are 20+ free throws every game

My friend just got the game and I want to play him online tonight. I heard you can't play quickmatch against friends...how do I set up a game against my friend and what are the settings to use (if you can pick)? Thanks in advance.

BTW, just made the finals in myPlayer second season and I'm playing the WIZARDS
roll.gif
They beat the heat in the conference finals WTF?!?!
When youre in the online menu theres a Play With Friends option closer to the bottom of the screen. Open that up, select VS, and play on Simulation 6 min quarters on Hall of Fame. I'm not home but hopefully someone can provide some pics of where the option actually is on the screen.

Last edited:
Also, on ball defense this year is a JOKE... Deadass I feel like I'm on iceskates when Im playing on ball this year. The only real from of DEFENSE is the stupid steal animations when you get beat and you somehow get COOKIES with that stupid reach around animation... That reach around steal probably happens once or twice in a real life NBA game at best. But this **** happens all the time on 2K13.

People have been raving about the on-ball D this year, which made me think I just suck or need practice. But I'm starting to think it's smoke and mirrors. I've picked up on it, some of the tricks, but it's a false sense of control. Sometimes the defender you're controlling will react as you say - other times they'll lag for a good second. A good defensive system for a game should be the same all the time. If I see something, I should be able to stop it.

I will complain about this until they patch it. It's infuriating cause it's not an overlook, it seems like they made the system this way on purpose.

Any tips on playing defense online?

I feel like I cant get off a pass but these dudes are dishing to the open man all day

all this talk of the online experience makes me all the more happy to just work on buildin my legacy with myplayer.

mostly just turning Jennings into the MVP and dishin all the time

Eff this game!!!

They asked me who i wanted to trade to get better players,,,I asked for anthony davis bc the heat lacked in centers

This was my outcome :smh:

Eff this game!!!
They asked me who i wanted to trade to get better players,,,I asked for anthony davis bc the heat lacked in centers

i Didn't know davis was rated so high i need to play with the hornets

He's really not, hes a 80 overall, this is MYCAREER, eventually players boost up throughout the years. This is my 3rd year.

Notice his age, he's 21,,,,,he's 19 right now if im not mistaken

Last edited:
HyperBaller/DCAllAmerican NBA 2k13 Comprehensive Roster Update - Round 3 - http://www.operationsports.com/foru...13-comprehensive-roster-update-round-3-a.html
All the info is there.

DC, what is difference between your roster file and "The Official OS SiM Collab Roster: SwaGGeD OUT" because it says in that one they use "Signature Skills will be based off of Hyperballer and DC's roster project edits and will be further edited toward the rosters editing style."?

Which would be the most accurate, realistic, sim-like roster set?:nerd:

Made it all the way to the NBA Finals in my 2nd year. Was down 1-3 vs OKC, but managed to comeback and win 3 to take it all. I was averaging about 25-30 points for those games and we eventually won the 'ship. Bill Russel even handed me the Finals MVP. Season is over and I go to check my stats. NO FINALS MVP (gave it to Jrue Holiday how averaged 12 & 5 :stoneface: ) , my career high is 20, and my ratings on my player card are slightly lower than what they truly are :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

This happen to anyone else?

Last edited:
After that lebron trade, the heat want me to sign an extension

Eff that!! im taking my talents somewhere else

Last edited:
Eff this game!!!

He's really not, hes a 80 overall, this is MYCAREER, eventually players boost up throughout the years. This is my 3rd year.

3rd year and he's a 90? :x

Eff this game!!!

3rd year and he's a 90? :x

He took the Hornets to the playoffs last year, knocking out Lakers. Im guessing that was th boost their.

Sad thing is that someone is a 90 in year 3. 2K needs to edit their potential ratings, but then again when everyone starts out so high they really have little room for growth

DC, what is difference between your roster file and "The Official OS SiM Collab Roster: SwaGGeD OUT" because it says in that one they use "Signature Skills will be based off of Hyperballer and DC's roster project edits and will be further edited toward the rosters editing style."?
Which would be the most accurate, realistic, sim-like roster set?:nerd:
Me and HyperBaller edited signature skills before the game even came out. We posted the spreadsheet as a Google Docs.

We posted it on OS for anyone to use, so they decided to use our sig skill edits.

But we (Hyper and me) will have our own roster set coming out. I will get the game at the end of this month but we are working on the file. Right now, more him than me.

Me and HyperBaller edited signature skills before the game even came out. We posted the spreadsheet as a Google Docs.
We posted it on OS for anyone to use, so they decided to use our sig skill edits.
But we (Hyper and me) will have our own roster set coming out. I will get the game at the end of this month but we are working on the file. Right now, more him than me.

Thanks for the clarification. Walmart will have 2k13 for $25 on Black Friday!:nthat:

Last edited:
So when you start MyCareer ..

Do you get the current roster for it? Like even Lamb is drafted to the Rockets, he'll be moved to the Thunder and Harden will go to Houston?

Back
Top Bottom