Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Any specific fixes? Offensive rebounds obviously needs to be toned down a couple notches...
Defense and contested shots need to be patched too. Does not matter if u hold L2 for intense D and put hands up to contest the shot, it still goes in. What's good with the unblockable dunks? This game defies all physics, players runnin full speed just truck through everyone...

lebron needs to be toned down as a whole. son hits more consistent jumpers than kobe, dunks on 3 people, if i do however force lebron a bad shot its a ******g foul and his lay ups cannot be blocked.

Son, whether you dance around my point or not, my point still stands. Even through what you just said. That statement in itself is a direct example of what I mean. "Half ***" when used in relation to your JOB is called not putting forth the effort.
I'm pretty sure thats the definition...
And I NEVER said they should spend more time on faces than gameplay. Please, quote me and prove thats what I said. If you can't then fam, you're reaching and putting words in my mouth.
And we both know you can't quote me on that.
My point was, you're saying the developers can't do it.
I'm saying they can.
There's a year in between these games, an the same player models are updated pretty much every year. Superstars and popular players.
I said, why don't they update more of the rookies and unknown guys, and you took that claimed I said they should stop spending as much time on gameplay?
Its like I'll make a statement, you'll disagree, and I'm the one who's arguing? :lol: C'mon man...
If a handfull of guys can make a complete roster with cyberfaces and correct accessories (D Rose leg sleeves included) Why can't 2K?
Because they have to focus on gameplay? And thats it? So video games are all about gameplay now? We're paying $300 ($5-600 at launch) for a console and the selling point is the graphics and a developer who has a monopoly on basketball games can't take full advantage of that?
We're really going to bail them out right now?
You think too much like a developer. You're thinking from one side, and I'm thinking from a complete other side.
Only difference is, I'm saying we should have both, and you're sitting here trying to tell me why we can't.
But in reality, we should.
I know why we don't have it. Thats no mystery to me. Its not like you're telling me something I don't already know.
And for your analogy, thats not really what the deal is. Its more like, you make a track, and then a dude spits your verse over your beat even better than you did. But the guy isn't being paid millions to do it. He's essentially doing your job better than you.
Because if 2K Sports really wanted to, they could bring on a few guys who are dedicated to this type of thing.
But if this type of thing is of no importance to them, then the effort won't be made at all to make it better overall.
This game is a package. We deserve the entire package. I'm a consumer, and I'm playing thi game because its fun. But that doesn't mean I'm blind to what its missing.
And there are a ton of games that are trash out of the box but better when they are modded. But please tell me, what PS3 and Xbox games can be modded? Because those consoles are what I was specifically making my posts about.
Would you not criticize a teacher if a student did his job better than him? Why should I not criticize 2K Sports for their consumers doing a better job at making their games more accurate than them?
These mods aren't additions to the came. They are corrections. An addition mod would be how guys used to take Half Life an Unreal engines and make modded levels and additional weapons and such.
These guys are replacing in game features and updating them to be more accurate. Its a completely different type of mod.
C'mon...

stop all the bloodclot crying.

lebron needs to be toned down as a whole. son hits more consistent jumpers than kobe, dunks on 3 people, if i do however force lebron a bad shot its a ******g foul and his lay ups cannot be blocked.

Bron's real life counterpart has that ability... u can't stop dude, he'll bury the J if u give him space and u can't stop him going to the rim. JCrossover on the other hand...

Let's start playing for money again since the patch is dropping :lol:. I'll be on 2moro night.

Turbo and push the right stick away from the basket

Also that move depends on which dribbling packages you're using, you might just have a different animation in that slot so you haven't seen it.

Oh, I'll take a look into that then.

Btw, Xbox and PS3 guys, can you guys change shoes for your roster in Association?
changing players shoes is the same in Association as it is in editing roster
Go to edit player>Gear and shoes> shoes style, press A.

The option to edit shoes isn't available :rofl:

PC got owned. SMFH.

Son, whether you dance around my point or not, my point still stands. Even through what you just said. That statement in itself is a direct example of what I mean. "Half ***" when used in relation to your JOB is called not putting forth the effort.
I'm pretty sure thats the definition...
And I NEVER said they should spend more time on faces than gameplay. Please, quote me and prove thats what I said. If you can't then fam, you're reaching and putting words in my mouth.
And we both know you can't quote me on that.
My point was, you're saying the developers can't do it.
I'm saying they can.
There's a year in between these games, an the same player models are updated pretty much every year. Superstars and popular players.
I said, why don't they update more of the rookies and unknown guys, and you took that claimed I said they should stop spending as much time on gameplay?
Its like I'll make a statement, you'll disagree, and I'm the one who's arguing? :lol: C'mon man...
If a handfull of guys can make a complete roster with cyberfaces and correct accessories (D Rose leg sleeves included) Why can't 2K?
Because they have to focus on gameplay? And thats it? So video games are all about gameplay now? We're paying $300 ($5-600 at launch) for a console and the selling point is the graphics and a developer who has a monopoly on basketball games can't take full advantage of that?
We're really going to bail them out right now?
You think too much like a developer. You're thinking from one side, and I'm thinking from a complete other side.
Only difference is, I'm saying we should have both, and you're sitting here trying to tell me why we can't.
But in reality, we should.
I know why we don't have it. Thats no mystery to me. Its not like you're telling me something I don't already know.
And for your analogy, thats not really what the deal is. Its more like, you make a track, and then a dude spits your verse over your beat even better than you did. But the guy isn't being paid millions to do it. He's essentially doing your job better than you.
Because if 2K Sports really wanted to, they could bring on a few guys who are dedicated to this type of thing.
But if this type of thing is of no importance to them, then the effort won't be made at all to make it better overall.
This game is a package. We deserve the entire package. I'm a consumer, and I'm playing thi game because its fun. But that doesn't mean I'm blind to what its missing.
And there are a ton of games that are trash out of the box but better when they are modded. But please tell me, what PS3 and Xbox games can be modded? Because those consoles are what I was specifically making my posts about.
Would you not criticize a teacher if a student did his job better than him? Why should I not criticize 2K Sports for their consumers doing a better job at making their games more accurate than them?
These mods aren't additions to the came. They are corrections. An addition mod would be how guys used to take Half Life an Unreal engines and make modded levels and additional weapons and such.
These guys are replacing in game features and updating them to be more accurate. Its a completely different type of mod.
C'mon...

stop all the bloodclot crying.

Ah, i didn't think you'd have anything to say.
Next time, just keep your mouth shut.

****** can't have problems with **** no more? ****** can't have opinions? Is that not why we are here? To share opinions?

And whats worse is, dog I didn't even disagree with what you felt needed attention, which is the gameplay. Its you who had the conflict.

Talking bout I'm the one always trying to start an argument.

**** outta here with that ******** :lol:

I paid 60 bones just like you did. I can complain about whatever I want bruh

Last edited:
LMAO I HAVENT PAID FOR 2k SINCE 2k11 AND I GOT IT FOR 25.

SO NO, BRO, WE DIDN'T BOTH SPEND 60 BONES.

YOU DID.

Last edited by a moderator:
The patch is available on XBOX 360 and PlayStation 3!

GAMEPLAY

■Improved AI rebounding logic to balance out offensive rebound frequency.
■Tuned AI transition defense; users will now have more fast break opportunities against the CPU. Additionally, CPU teammates are now more able to guard their opponents on the break.
■Long range passes are now less accurate and will result in more fumbled and missed catches.
■Passing successfully out of a double team has been tuned to be slightly more difficult.
■Tuned the logic behind Charging calls so that they are properly called. Charges will now sometimes be called when the defender is in position and stationary, even if he is not in the “Take Charge” animation.
■Tuned timing on block animations, and made the AI more vigilant about blocking layups and dunks.
■Improved reach-in foul detection when defender continually swipes at the ball, results in more called fouls where appropriate.
■AI now only calls for a full court press in appropriate situations (i.e. late in the game).
■Addressed two dunk animations that were not counting for a score when they were converted.
■Fixed an issue where Replay would show the incorrect play, rather than what actually happened on the court.
■AI positioning when running plays has been tuned so that big men with limited shooting range will not move further away from the basket than what their range allows.
■AI teammates will now remain in the Post Up position longer when a Quick Post play is called for them.
■Tuned alley-oop and putback dunks such that only players who have a high tendency to perform either move are able to finish with one.
■Removed the restrictions for the ‘Microwave’ Signature Skill such that it now works regardless of whether you are already on a hot or cold streak.
■When a block is recorded for a player with the ‘Eraser’ Signature Skill, only the shooting attributes of the blocked player are lowered.
■Fixed a rare issue where a traveling violation would be called on a pass fake.
■Referee Review on last shot will no longer play if the shot has no effect on the outcome of the game.
■A number of other smaller changes have been made to address issues and enhance the user experience.
■Tuned three-point percentage.

GENERAL

■NIKEiD shoes will now appear properly in-game after being equipped to a player.
■Addressed an issue where the game score would disappear in Blacktop games when Signature Highlights were viewed in the pause menu.
■Fixed an issue where Free Throw Feedback would no longer appear in games after playing an Online MyTEAM game.
■Addressed an issue in Online MyTEAM games where the away team player would have the Signature Skills of the home team player if identical players were used in the game by both players.
■Music will no longer be disabled and Game Settings will no longer revert back to Default when completing an online game in MyTEAM.
■Changed the difficulty settings for all of the seeds in MyTEAM.
■(360) Addressed a Kinect issue where a misleading overlay would appear when a timeout was called through a voice command when no timeouts were remaining.

MyCAREER

■Added additional warning re: conversion of an online MyCAREER (one that earns VC) to an offline MyCAREER (one that earns Skill Points).
■Fixed an issue where the remainder of the user’s schedule would appear empty after participating in the various All-Star Weekend events. This change also carries over to Association/Season modes.
■‘Run Plays’ and ‘PlayVision’ should now function properly (when activated), regardless of your MyPLAYER’s position.
■Fixed an issue where all games in October would be simulated when ‘Play Next Game’ is selected after the start of a new season.
■Users playing MyCAREERs that accrue Skill Points will no longer find themselves with negative skill points after played games (where a number of unlikely conditions were all met).
■Addressed a rare hang that would occur if the “Defend Your Home Court” billboard commercial would play between quarters of the Rising Stars Challenge or All-Star game.
■Addressed a number of issues with the Social Media feature, including one where the news feed would stop updating completely.
■When changing teams via free agency in the offseason, your MyPLAYER will now receive the proper role (starter, sixth man, etc.) that was promised during the contract negotiation.
■You will no longer fail the Dynamic Goal “Give your team the lead before the game ends” when subbed out before the end of the game.
■The Teammate Chemistry rating on the “Play Next Game” loading screen should now display the correct value (as seen in the Social Media menu).
■The volume of the menu music and sound effects will no longer become extremely quiet after playing consecutive games in MyCAREER.
ASSOCIATION

■3PT Tendency progression logic has been rewritten to correctly model the growth variances within each player type in the game. This change also carries over to MyCAREER mode.
■Users will no longer lose their Scouting Reports after viewing the Recent Games tab of a player card.
■Birth years can now be set to later than 1993 when editing Draft Classes after the first season of Association.
■Addressed a rare hang that would occur when attempting to participate in the Dunk Contest with a created player assigned to a created team.
■(Association: Online) Offense and Defense options should now save properly when using the Total Sim Control feature.
■(Association: Online) Admins will now have access to appropriate Commissioner Tools during the offseason.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves (MyCAREER, Association, etc.).

For PS3 users who don't play online as much, use "bedwardsroy19" roster from OS. Updated tendencies, ratings, accessories, shoes, jumpshots and playbooks. I think there were a few more things he did, but its the best roster on PS3.

Any specific fixes? Offensive rebounds obviously needs to be toned down a couple notches...
Defense and contested shots need to be patched too. Does not matter if u hold L2 for intense D and put hands up to contest the shot, it still goes in. What's good with the unblockable dunks? This game defies all physics, players runnin full speed just truck through everyone...

you think if someone contest your shot its not suppose to go in???? have you ever played basketball in your life before? Have you ever watched an NBA game before??

Every reach is a foul now...

Y are you even reaching? Stop reaching so much. Thats not defense. Stay in front of your man and reach when you think u can get the steal. Stop tapping the steal button.

For PS3 users who don't play online as much, use "bedwardsroy19" roster from OS. Updated tendencies, ratings, accessories, shoes, jumpshots and playbooks. I think there were a few more things he did, but its the best roster on PS3.

Agreed.

Just downloaded version 3 of his rosters today.

Just played 2k13 for the first time today.

Was the option to edit the home/away color of shoes removed?

I was briefly going through the edit menu of some players and didn't see it.

Was the option to edit the home/away color of shoes removed?
I was briefly going through the edit menu of some players and didn't see it.

There's a certain way to do it when editing shoes, but I never got it down. WIth his roster, he made those changes for home and away shoes, so its not much editing to do with shoes. Of course, I still made different colorways of Hyperposites and Hyperfuses for certain players though.

+1.. I'm a SG, so I'm not expecting to call plays. But last year the team still ran plays with me at the 2.
It makes me angry because the Myplayer game play was much more fun when plays were run, and it'd be :pimp: when a play was ran perfectly and you end up wide open cutting to the hoop.

Same Here I've Got Two MyPlayers One A PG And One A SG And I Prefer They Call Plays For The SG One But They Feature Dont Seem To Work Anymore :smh:

Back
Top Bottom