Official NBA 2k13 Thread

So the draft isnt tomorrow night? If not im free every other day most likely. Definitely cant do it tuesday though, goin to the Heat vs Wiz game :smokin

Houston checking in.  Day of the week doesn't matter too much to me personally, however I'd prefer a time later than 8pm CST if at all possible.

Regardless let's try to keep this thread up to date with everything..ie: results, standings, match-ups, issues, etc.  I think that would go a long way for keeping everyone connected and interested.

I like the idea of an online association but I just don't think I can do HoF I don't trust my skills enough.

still in need of some help on HOF it's to the point where i want to return the game...up 15 4th quarter with spurs vs hornets and eric gordon goes crazy from the three point line. Up all game and they win by 4 pissed me off so bad just tired of losing to bs. Can anyone recommend some type of defensive settings or something that could help??

still in need of some help on HOF it's to the point where i want to return the game...up 15 4th quarter with spurs vs hornets and eric gordon goes crazy from the three point line. Up all game and they win by 4 pissed me off so bad just tired of losing to bs. Can anyone recommend some type of defensive settings or something that could help??

There is nothing you can really do other than throw a double team at him or go into a 3-2 zone and hope he doesn't run down into the corner for 3's because the baseline defenders are complete blistering idiots. Honestly, on HOF difficulty every single player on the other team controlled by the CPU has the 3pt range of Reggie Miller plus Ray Allen, the Mid Range jumper of Kobe plus MJ, and the dunking skills of Vin-sanity plus Dominique Wilkins. Thats the reason the difficulty is named Hall Of Fame :lol:

It is what it is, the 3-2 Zone works for me with deadly shooters until the shooter drops down to the corner then switch to 2-3 and Man to Man to change things up a bit. Goodluck.

There is nothing you can really do other than throw a double team at him or go into a 3-2 zone and hope he doesn't run down into the corner for 3's because the baseline defenders are complete blistering idiots. Honestly, on HOF difficulty every single player on the other team controlled by the CPU has the 3pt range of Reggie Miller plus Ray Allen, the Mid Range jumper of Kobe plus MJ, and the dunking skills of Vin-sanity plus Dominique Wilkins. Thats the reason the difficulty is named Hall Of Fame
laugh.gif

It is what it is, the 3-2 Zone works for me with deadly shooters until the shooter drops down to the corner then switch to 2-3 and Man to Man to change things up a bit. Goodluck.
like just asking what is your record on your association mine with grizzlies was 1-5 until i raged =/

Man up on him. Learn how to use the right stick to play tight on to your man. Force him to your defenders. and stay on him. Dont jump. Hold L2 or L(ps3 or 360) and hit turbbo a little and cut him off if he is getting past you.

Hands up always. Dont jump unless your 90% sure he is going to shoot it.

Last edited:
Will be surprised if you ninjas even make it through the draft, let alone get a game started.

Last edited:
like just asking what is your record on your association mine with grizzlies was 1-5 until i raged =/

I play with the Bulls in association on HOF difficulty. My record is something like 42-7 I think. I don't lose much because I figured out how to score on almost every possession which helps get my defense set instead of the guaranteed layup line on every miss. Plus I traded Carlos Boozer for Andres Bargani and Marquis Teague/Nate Robinson for Iman Shumpert.

Will be surprised if you ninjas even make it through the draft, let alone get a game started.
:lol:

I'm thinking the same thing bruh. Coordinating the times, getting people signed up and everything has proven to be difficult so far.

Updated list of teams that have been taken (or reserved), PSN noted, if not it's their NT name:

CLAIMED
Bulls - bluedeniro
Celtics - juicyju5
Hawks - RomeBee4
Heat - TsunamiHair
Hornets - K-Town-Trash
Lakers - ATL_FINEST
Rockets - chapinbird
Nets - simpliSD
Wizards - PrimoPwns

RESERVED
Clippers [NT name] - Curbside Prophet
Grizzlies - Ning726
Knicks - [NT name] DaulDierce
Nuggets - StretchLimo87
Spurs - karkouki
Thunder - concord11
Warriors - [NT name] - Antidope

Along the lines of the point I made to Gutta...

I don't mind being David Stern in all this, but I want the Association started and to PLAY games more than anything. I'm setting the draft for Thursday Dec 6 at Midnight EST. If we don't get a good number of participants, I'll scrap it ASAP, setup a standard one and post all the info there. It'll be on a first come first served basis.

Last edited:
They question remains.

You understand the CPU cheats on HOF. It isn't a fair game. Why are you so hell bent on playing on HOF?

They question remains.

You understand the CPU cheats on HOF. It isn't a fair game. Why are you so hell bent on playing on HOF?

For me, im too stubborn. If I go into a game knowing Im unmatched, I still feel like I should and can win.

Just understand that you won't/don't get a fair game playing on HOF. Don't feel you have to prove anything to anyone my man. Not playing on HOF doesn't make you less of a man.

DC, any ETA/update on your roster? Just to be correct, these 3rd party rosters wont affect MYteam right?

Does it have to be Thurs night? How about Saturday morning?

Technically it's Wednesday night. Like I said in the earlier post I'm not really interested in stretching this draft past Friday, if you can't make it set up the players pre-draft to get the guys you want.

And my bad for not responding to the game invite, I'll play you next time i'm online.

when playing on HOF take your time with each possession if your up in the 4th quarter.... drive to the hole for fouls and kick outs to open shooters

Ok, I have dug through other internet sites and this thread and cannot find the answer. I signed with Nike but regret it. I want to switch to JB. Has anyone's contract come up for renewal where you could sign with JB or any other brand for that matter?

Back
Top Bottom