Official NBA 2k13 Thread

I see they finally fixed the issue of running plays in My Career as I'm finally able to run plays consistently with full play art.

Ok, I went ahead set up the Association (PS3). Here's the info

League Name: NT The League
password: (PM'd to anybody who's expressed interest in this thread) Any lurkers or anybody else, if you're trying to get in just PM me or add me (RomeBee4) and put your NT name in the message

RULES
==========
29 Game Season
Difficulty: HOF
Game Style: Simulation
5 Minute Quarters (12 min SIM)
Playoffs are best of 7

I'm open to any changes you all suggest.

A few questions though

Should the league speed be slow, medium, or fast?
What's a convenient date for the fantasy draft? (Right now tentatively set for Sunday Dec. 2 at 10PM ET)
Should the playoffs be best of 3, 5, or 7?

Last edited:
how dedicated are these people going to be because online associations rarely pan out. Always people gung ho in the beginning then lose interest/don't care later on.

How do stop people from throwing those bs passes in the paint? The passes where they'll be two, three feet away from each other and it looks like it just goes through my defender. :rolleyes

:nerd: ANYONE KNOW? I just lost to this dude again (0-5 against him :smh: ) who was absolutely just cheesing with this again. All he pretty much did was have lebron cut to the rack then he'll throw the ball to him for a dunk/layup. Again his players would pass two ft away from each other in the paint and with my defender(playing onball) and lebrons defender between the two. And the ball will magically appear in Lebrons hands >: .

Ive tried playing lebrons defender and holding my hands up(right stick) but it seems it just goes through my player. Pressing X just makes him reach for pretty much air :rolleyes .

ANY TIPS???

Just PM'd about the league but also want to know if there's any "special" rules? I remember one association people were getting kicked out for playing too much off ball D. If yall gon be that nitpicky I rather not :x

damn i gor ro go out a town for a week the im not sure i'll have wifi. i really think it could work as long as the season isnt over 29 games.

how dedicated are these people going to be because online associations rarely pan out. Always people gung ho in the beginning then lose interest/don't care later on.

I'm hoping we have a dedicated bunch of players. I'll stay on top of all the invited guys to make sure they play.

Just PM'd about the league but also want to know if there's any "special" rules? I remember one association people were getting kicked out for playing too much off ball D. If yall gon be that nitpicky I rather not :x

Responded to your PM. Nah, I'm not really tripping over "special rules." I relish in beating cheesers anyways, the guys i've played from this thread are fair players though.

damn i gor ro go out a town for a week the im not sure i'll have wifi. i really think it could work as long as the season isnt over 29 games.

Yeah, I set the 29 games to make the season go by fast. Let me know what a convenient time/date is for the draft.

Never did one of these leagues before. Will there be cpu controlled teams or just all user controlled leagues? Also how is the draft selection determined?

Never did one of these leagues before. Will there be cpu controlled teams or just all user controlled leagues? Also how is the draft selection determined?

This is the 2nd one I've participated in and first I've been the commissioner of. The first one I played in fizzled out because the 5 other guys quit playing. I'm hoping to have at least 15 user controlled teams, I'll reach out on NT for a few more days and then see if I can get some people on Twitter. The draft order is random (serpentine style).

Does anybody know if I can edit the playoff settings once the league starts?

right now 5 people have signed up (Celtics, Hawks, Heat, Hornets, and Rockets are taken)

Anyone know how to beat or at least stay in a game on 2k13 on hall of fame. Playing on anything other than hall of fame is just unsatisfying. Played against the Golden state warriors just now with the grizzlies and ran a 3-2 defense still getting sprayed on, not to mention the CRAZY offensive rebounds man its ridiculous. Any tips can help i just wanna make it through the season without being 0-82 =/

Is Golden State still available?

@Bron012 you cant run the same defense against HoF for more than a quarter, they figure it out and adjust to it. Running plays helps a lot, and I user control for my rebounds most of the time.

Last edited:
Alright, here's the update on the Association.

Teams that have been taken (or reserved), PSN noted, if not it's their NT name:

CLAIMED
Hawks - RomeBee4
Heat - TsunamiHair
Celtics - juicyju5
Hornets - K-Town-Trash
Rockets - chapinbird
Lakers - ATL_FINEST
Bulls - bluedeniro
Grizzlies - Ning726

RESERVED
Nuggets - [NT name] - ScottHallWithAPick
Clippers [NT name] - Curbside Prophet
Spurs - karkouki
Warriors - [NT name] - Antidope

At least 15 user teams is preferred, so SIGN UP! I want to proceed with the draft in the next 3 or 4 days, if not we'll scrap the league and go with an Association without a draft. So chime in with your convenient draft date & time.

Last edited:
man if only we could do the draft today, i could atleast have my team, i mean come on yall its caturday.

ok, i thought it was going to be an association, no worries.

i'm good for a tuesday night around 7 pm eastern

my bad I must have overlooked the details or something, I thought this association was for 360 :lol: (once i saw the thread title change). Take me off the list then romedadude. Best of luck in running the association :pimp:

Last edited:
I love my team played against this guy who had jennings lebron and melo and he was killing me all game (almost dashboarded when lebron dunked on perkins and rodman at the same time). 4th came and went straight up full court press and korver locked in from 3 to force overtime and i knew i was gonna win.

Last edited:
Alright, here's the update on the Association.
Teams that have been taken (or reserved), PSN noted, if not it's their NT name:
CLAIMED
Hawks - RomeBee4
Heat - TsunamiHair
Celtics - juicyju5
Hornets - K-Town-Trash
Rockets - chapinbird
Lakers - ATL_FINEST
Bulls - bluedeniro
RESERVED
Nuggets - [NT name] - ScottHallWithAPick
Clippers [NT name] - Curbside Prophet
Spurs - karkouki
Warriors - [NT name] - Antidope
At least 15 user teams is preferred, so SIGN UP! I want to proceed with the draft in the next 3 or 4 days, if not we'll scrap the league and go with an Association without a draft. So chime in with your convenient draft date & time.

I'll take the Grizzlies.

Back
Top Bottom