Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Just copped on Tuesday. A few questions with MyPlayer:
1. How do I drop 46/5/5 with 2 steals & 1 block (1 turnover) on 54% shooting and an A+ teammate grade in the rookie showcase and NOT go #1 to New Orleans?? They didn't even interview me.
2. How did I do all of that & only get 210 skill points? Is MyPlayer stingy with the SP now?

I don't understand either how this game rates success. I played in the finals with my player in career mode and swept the Clippers. I'm on the Heat and averaged 40/8/5 with 2 steals. I thought i locked in finals MVP, i outplayed Lebron, Bosh, and Wade. So trophy time comes and who gets finals MVP? Raymond Felton off the bench, dude didn't score more than 8 points off the bench in any of the 4 games :stoneface:

I'm sure i'll get the typical responses in this thread from the same group of guys that say everyone sucks whenever someone complains about something. Probably something along the lines of this.

"Brah, you needed to average 60/17/13 in order to get finals MVP, step ya game up, you suck"

:lol:

For those that PMed me about the 2K12 update, I am running into some issues. Editing certain teams causes the file to freeze. I am trying to figure out what it is. Give me a few days

DC:

tried out your rosters + sliders. loving the realistic aspect to the whole set including the low overall ratings on dudes. Way better than seeing everyone at 80+. Plus the lowered number of sig skills is welcomed. Its cool seeing teams play like how they do in real life. And the rebounding is finally balanced. Out rebounded the heat by 15+ like how it is in real life.

One thing I noticed though with the sliders was the fatigue. With your fatigue rate set at 35 and stamina at 65, you can use the starting lineup the whole game on 12min quarters without losing an energy bar on any player. This would apply to the CPU as well where they would not sub in a bench player due to their starters still at full energy. Played around with it and raised the rate at 60 kept stamina at 65 and the results were much better. I tested and kept the starting 5 for a whole quarter without calling a TO and by the 4 min mark players were either 2 or 1 energy bars with the gatorade icon next to their names. And the CPU finally made subs.

Any created shoes only equipped to 1 player because I would like to delete just a few to alleviate the lag when managing rosters and switching teams at the pick team screen?

And is your sliders still playable if I switch to shot stick timing rather than real player FG% because I like to practice the releases so I am used to them when I play online.

Anyway thanks for the incredible roster/slider package. Makes the game so much more realistic than that arcade style crap that 2k packaged with the game.

EDIT: loving the rosters can't wait for the next round of update and for people about to use this REMEMBER to DELETE the OG Shoe File on the FLASH DRIVE BEFORE SAVING DC's SHOE FILE (with the newly assigned console/device ids) BACK TO THE FLASH DRIVE. Took me a lot of tries before I figured this was the cause for the unable to load/damaged shoe file screens.

^ I will pass the word to HyperBaller. This is his baby this year. I never got 2K13. never played it even. I will tell you what he says.

Ok I have figured out the issue. The roster should be out within a weak. I need to brush over some ratings/tendency updates. Feels good man. 2K12 was a great game. Sad that 2K's default rosters made people not like this wonderful game.

This will be a private association with fantasy draft. 
I'm looking for people who are serious about getting through at least one season. People who are active everyday and won't quit league games. Players who are mature and have fun. Not people who quit a league because they have a negative record. If you have any friends who want to join a serious league please let them know. We will keep in touch with our association on facebook. Like the page, and leave a comment saying you want in.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NBA-2k...12503622184569

I want everyone to give their feedback on what settings they want, what game sliders they suggest, and any other suggestions for the league. Therefor I have created polls for you to vote on. 

my gamertag is DEVOTEDxKILLER

add me on xbox 360 with a message saying you are joining the Association.

Last edited:
my socks are white while everyone elses are black :frown: anyway to fix it without the ankle braces? this bugs me idk why

and i didnt even receive any vcs for being mvp and roy :smh:

I'm always getting screwed in my career

I finally sign my extension

Then it sims a whole season and now it is unplayable

I used tape for the first couple weeks then i got tired of switching it i dont even change my kicks for home and away anymore

Quick question: What is everyone's online record? I'm like 193-30. I havent played TeamUp yet and Im like 0-4 on Black Top. I play ranked matches the most but it seems like some of you hate ranked matches. Just want to see what's some of your record's are and what online mode you play the most...

Quick question: What is everyone's online record? I'm like 193-30. I havent played TeamUp yet and Im like 0-4 on Black Top. I play ranked matches the most but it seems like some of you hate ranked matches. Just want to see what's some of your record's are and what online mode you play the most...
I was 54-18 but my little brother started playing over winter break and I would feel like a jerk if I told him he couldnt cause I wanted to preserve my 2k record so hes lost like 8 games straight or something last time I checked. I play ranked the most just cause I dont really care for team up or My Player

Played with TruthGetsBusy yesterday.. i was off with J Craw going 3-9 FG ..

told u this teamup is legit though. ****** ball forreal. You still new so i cut u some slack.

lemme know if you want that work in 2k13 I honestly dont remember the last time I lost looking for good competition... heat, lakers, and thunder abusers welcome it dont matter 

PSN:IWIN3V3RYTHIN-___-

you ever had a game where someone just legitimately beat you fair and square. no cheese at all this dude locked me up it almost seemed like his defense was perfect

How do you save 2 files of your myplayer?

When I'm offline I can save 2 files, but when I do online myplayer I don't have that option.

The thing will inevitably freeze while autosaving at some point & I don't want to start all over.

Seems like all yall play on Playstation 3. 2k13 would be so much more fun if I had some comp on xbox lol...anyone welcomed. Gtag: PontiacsSavior. All welcomed...

DC:
tried out your rosters + sliders. loving the realistic aspect to the whole set including the low overall ratings on dudes.
One thing I noticed though with the sliders was the fatigue. With your fatigue rate set at 35 and stamina at 65, you can use the starting lineup the whole game on 12min quarters without losing an energy bar on any player. .

Per HyperBaller

I had it at 35 as a test and I never changed it back to 50 (default). So 60-65 is ideally where it should be.

You'll notice that most bigs have really low stamina ratings. This helps prevent them from doing a lot of dribbling moves without being penalized. This also helps with being able to chase people down on the break and other absurd things this game allows them to do. Only athletic bigs will now run the break.

Lastly, you will see those slow bigs begin to light jog as the game progress due to fatig
ue.

Per HyperBaller

I had it at 35 as a test and I never changed it back to 50 (default). So 60-65 is ideally where it should be.

You'll notice that most bigs have really low stamina ratings. This helps prevent them from doing a lot of dribbling moves without being penalized. This also helps with being able to chase people down on the break and other absurd things this game allows them to do. Only athletic bigs will now run the break.

Lastly, you will see those slow bigs begin to light jog as the game progress due to fatigue.

thanks for the help DC. So if I'm understanding it correctly just disregard the energy bars/gatorade icons when fatigue rate is set at 35 because it helps with the bigs and their abilities? If so I'll play it that way since it supports the actions of the bigs which makes it even more realistic. :pimp:

Last edited:
Around 228-38

correction - 298-38 :tongue:

Last edited:
Does anybody use Kinect when they play 2K13?

I'm playing My Player and I yell out "Pick and Roll" but nothing ever happens.

Back
Top Bottom