>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

I don't know if it's just me but the graphics in the gameplay video seemed only okay. Obviously better than current gen, but that trailer from last week had me thinking the gameplay was gonna look flat out crazy. It's probably cause it's just a youtube clip though. I think the game will look way better on an actual hdtv.
Nah Melo, that is what I was trying to say. The GAMEPLAY video angle and the "trailer" close up angles are two different experiences. If you pause the game and go to replay mode you will see those faces. But from far away, you won't see that.

I don't know if it's just me but the graphics in the gameplay video seemed only okay. Obviously better than current gen, but that trailer from last week had me thinking the gameplay was gonna look flat out crazy. It's probably cause it's just a youtube clip though. I think the game will look way better on an actual hdtv.
Yeah, i think it will look a  lot better once you're actually sitting right in front of your tv playing it  

Nah Melo, that is what I was trying to say. The GAMEPLAY video angle and the "trailer" close up angles are two different experiences. If you pause the game and go to replay mode you will see those faces. But from far away, you won't see that.

Yea I get that but what I mean is that in the trailer there were scenes and animations that looked almost real. That Anthony Davis gif for example. I thought that level of graphical realness would translate to the 5 on 5 gameplay also but with the gameplay you can tell that the graphics dont look as realistic as the cut scenes. It might just be the youtube clip or the angle like you mentioned. Then again, cut scenes in games always look way better than the actual gameplay.

Last edited:
Just as I expected, graphically. 2K threw the bait and y'all jumped at it

Gameplay wise, the ball handling still isn't fluid. Players are planting and moving more realistically though (particularly on defense) Floor Spacing was a lot better. Bosh was over in the right corner like he is in real life.

Looks a lot like current gen in the gameplay department, hopefully 2K doesn't make the mistake of stripping game modes.

As I stated b4, at least try both basketball games man. Don't be stuck w/ just 2K. BOTH games will have pros and cons

Just as I expected, graphically. 2K threw the bait and y'all jumped at it

Gameplay wise, the ball handling still isn't fluid. Players are planting and moving more realistically though (particularly on defense) Floor Spacing was a lot better. Bosh was over in the right corner like he is in real life.

Looks a lot like current gen in the gameplay department, hopefully 2K doesn't make the mistake of stripping game modes.

As I stated b4, at least try both basketball games man. Don't be stuck w/ just 2K. BOTH games will have pros and cons

I already got 2k preordered but I'll try out live when it comes out. To tell you the truth though, Live is looking inferior to 2k in almost every aspect right now.

It's a bit of a let down compared to those mind blowing new gen trailers but overall pretty good. I think the reason why it looked so over the top on the trailers was because each arena has a difference in lighting.

That clip with bron on the fastbreak at Staples looked so real because of the lights :smokin so I'm excited to see how all the arenas look with the next gen lights.

Gameplay is what you'd expect from 2k but that's fine with me. The only thing that I notice that looked odd was the ref near the scoreboard facing left then runs left then back right like to get on a running track :rolleyes right before heat called timeout.

Btw this is an early built so I'm sure the retail version will be more detailed than this as far as camera men n players wearing warm ups.

Day one buy for me considering I'm still playing 2k13 :lol:

Last edited:
So when can we file a suit to 2k for false advertisement ?

The trailer they showed last week was what made me put my late pre order via best buy. I seen the trailer & if your a nba let alone 2k fan then you gotta hop on this just by the visuals. We'll I bit the damn bait.
They come out with this today ?! At first I thought it was just a 360 version or ps3 looks identical. I don't care what y'all say about arena lighting or what not but that still shouldn't be any better than this generations . I have never been so disappointed in something that looked so great only to be let down.
The way they move & shoot is dead on to this gens , the players on the bench don't even have warm ups on. The crowd looks like the usual nothing special or nothing next gen about it.

Sorry for the rant I'm just very upset about how this "next gen " thing is just this gen

Last edited:
So when can we file a suit to 2k for false advertisement ?

The trailer they showed last week was what made me put my late pre order via best buy. I seen the trailer & if your a nba let alone 2k fan then you gotta hop on this just by the visuals. We'll I bit the damn bait.

jags.gif

Cancel your order then :lol:

Last edited:
I don't think anyone was expecting completely revamped gameplay just improvements. Some of the features they say they have to achieve this and add more realism seem to take place over the course of the game. Probably something you can't tell from this short of a vid. But the reviewer did say it felt similar to CG and for now that's all we have to go from. Still will wait to judge gameplay for myself when more is available

They had trailers looking like that 8 years ago.. dunno why you're all surprised it looks nothing like the trailer 
laugh.gif

Trailers are trailers that's why a lot of folks were in here saying they were waiting for actual 5v5 action with the camera angle you're used to playing on ala broadcast or 2k.. 

NBA 2K series has always been about superior animations and fluidity compared to the competition.

2K14 looks good.

Broadcast :x :x :x :x

I saw what I expected to see which isnt a bad thing. I wont be getting a next gen system anytime soon, but its fun to see, and I expect them to have everything correct by 2k16

Your move EA , as expected 2K's 5 on 5 gameplay and graphics were extremely underwhelming . We tried to tell y'all about those zoomed in cinematic trailers. They still can't even get white guys right on "next gen" consoles :smh:

:lol:

It's hilarious because bammas get so hype for things. And then when the product doesn't meet the hype you get what a see now. Several pages of disappointment.

A 2 min gameplay trailer and all you see is :smh: I'm not getting a ps4. :lol:

Everybody should know by now how this works.

2k dropped the ball on this my gm ******** no reason to cop next gen now oh well guess I'll wait nd see what Live is hittin for and wait on 2k15 hopefully they put a multiplayer association/ my gm in that joint I'll never understand taking away options as you move forward you never see a new Benz drop and they tell u oh yea we removed power windows

The game looks good to me. Of course the detail will not be as noticeable from that camera angle, but I can tell quite the difference between next gen and current gen. I'm sure once you play the game in person, it will look even better as well.

The game looks good to me. Of course the detail will not be as noticeable from that camera angle, but I can tell quite the difference between next gen and current gen. I'm sure once you play the game in person, it will look even better as well.
How it usually is, you'll play it for a while.. then you'll look at the 360/PS3 versions and be like 
sick.gif
 I used to think this was good! 

Last edited:
Vid looks good to me.. What do you really expect from a broadcast angle tho? Just think about it.. Thats as good as it gets for a first next gen game.. Just wait till you play it before you judge..

I don't think anyone was expecting completely revamped gameplay just improvements. Some of the features they say they have to achieve this and add more realism seem to take place over the course of the game. Probably something you can't tell from this short of a vid. But the reviewer did say it felt similar to CG and for now that's all we have to go from. Still will wait to judge gameplay for myself when more is available
This is how I feel.

You're not going to get all those great scenes of emotion within the first four possessions of a game. I think that aspect will be fine when we see full gameplay

Just got this off Steam for my PC, games much more refined, new controls are more fluid too. Running real nice off my 7970, wish the next gen would come out for pc too...imma get ps4 just for this though

Back
Top Bottom