>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

I've always been vehemently against just roaming around with a 4/5 and letting the CPU do all your on ball defense. 2k13 and the isomotion stick made that the worst defensive strategy though coupled with all the sliding around you did.

So because you guys play on the ball defense i should too? well i dont and too bad thats the style i play and been playing since the first 2k and i have been successful with that defense...im not going to change my defense because its frowned upon... instead of whining about defense why not exploit it when your on offense if it bothers you so much?

Reactions: ct3
So because you guys play on the ball defense i should too? well i dont and too bad thats the style i play and been playing since the first 2k and i have been successful with that defense...im not going to change my defense because its frowned upon... instead of whining about defense why not exploit it when your on offense if it bothers you so much?

No one is saying you have to change the way you play defense, we're just saying it's cheap and takes away from a true human vs human experience. You've been successful with it because the defense is computerized to be near perfect. The computer knows not to jump on pump fakes, fall for jab steps, etc, but humans don't. Obviously playing with cpu defense is gonna give you an unfair advantage.

Last edited:
Currently I like the 3-2, love forcing them to play inside.

But my all time fav was the box n 1. 2K need to bring that back. Always taking out features for no reason. :smh:

No one is saying you have to change the way you play defense, we're just saying it's cheap and takes away from a true human vs human experience. You've been successful with it because the defense is computerized to be near perfect. The computer knows not to jump on pump fakes, fall for jab steps, etc, but humans don't. Obviously playing with cpu defense is gonna give you an unfair advantage.
He just won't understand 
tired.gif

Can I create a new MyPlayer without it messing with my 1st one? Sorry it's prolly been asked, but I just don't want  to search for it lol.

Can I create a new MyPlayer without it messing with my 1st one? Sorry it's prolly been asked, but I just don't want  to search for it lol.

For anyone who's interested in hearing more about the Nex-Gen 2k14 game from a sports gamer's position, check out ShakeDown's take. It's worth listening to if you want more of a personal take on what the game felt like while playing it. 

This does NOT contain any new screens or videos of the game. Just a more in depth take on the conference. 

By you mentioning how "successful" you are letting the CPU play defense leads me to believe you have no idea why we are saying what we are saying.

1. It is MUCH tougher to break down the CPU with the dribble than it is vs. a human. So it isn't an exploit that can easily be broken. You are actually using an advantage. Which is why you see much more success than you would if you played your own defense.

2. Again, it takes away from the human experience.

There's no way to tell either if someone is letting the computer play defense online right ?  the reason i'm asking about all the online game play is because i really never played online with 360.. it was always solo or against friends.. i plan on playing online alot this time around

Last edited:
If people try to hide and play off ball, it's not safe for them ANYWHERE on the court. I'll tell my player to cut back door if they try hiding on the wings or involve my bigs in pick n roll( picks are pretty terrible in this game)I f they try to hide playin with the bigs... Or even just throw the ball to the big he's defending from the top of the key because 9/10 they'll never steal it cause of slow reaction time

Last edited:
For anyone who's interested in hearing more about the Nex-Gen 2k14 game from a sports gamer's position, check out ShakeDown's take. It's worth listening to if you want more of a personal take on what the game felt like while playing it. 

This does NOT contain any new screens or videos of the game. Just a more in depth take on the conference. 
Cliffs of new info that stood out to me

MyCareer could be its own separate game

Confirms GRAPICS ARE WAY BETTER THAN WHAT WE SEEN IN THE GAMESPOT GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE. YOUTUBE HAD TO SCALE DOWN (as said by some of you guys previously.)

up too 100 online gamers at one time on the "the park" mode. Can have up to 100 friends just randomly playing together :x :smoking

new signature dribbles, not everybody has the same crossovers

no face scanner for created players (ex. ea sports) :frown:

no delay with button response,

touchpad to call quick plays exclusive for PS4

FAR FROM A PORT OVER, totally different game

True next gen experience.

Doesn't think you can play/get full experience of the game/ game modes in one year

Video is worth watching in the background for information for anybody who hasn't watched yet. (no new videos or anything but great info)

Last edited:
On the ps3 it shows who the user is controlling. I just pass to whoever they're guarding and take advantage of their dew dew a--

If he's a "skilled" off ball defender he'll switch once you throw his man the ball to the other side of the court :x

I played with the wolves earlier and my opponent picked the lakers, still refused to defend. He set the 131 zone and switched between Kobe and Jamison (2,3) but always to the other side of the ball. Wish 2k would take out zone defense online or allow it to be run for 10 minutes each game. :lol: make these scrubs d up instead of sitting in a zone all game

^ you need to play a different way then... this game is all about playing different ways and learning to adjust....there is no 1 way to play and thats my point... and ya you can say it takes away from the human aspect but thats just on me playing defense which doesnt guarantee me a victory at all....because like i said even though i use the computer its not like i lock down my opponent so i dont understand yall argument.... i still have to play offense to win the game not like i just win on defense alone....and me playing defense that way is me cheesing? this is just the way i play the game and you have to adjust there is no set way to play 2k and exploiting is OD if its unstoppable and unnecessary all im doing is guarding the paint nothing cheesing there.... and if there is a mismatch in this game like im the knicks and im melo and the guy guarding me cant stop me of course im going to keep using melo until they stop me but wait thats considered cheesing? why dont you stop me then? its not like im using the same play over and over again

Reactions: ct3
Back
Top Bottom