>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

So why can't you do both? Guard the perimeter and switch off to help defense.

Making it seem like you can't defend the ball just roam around reaching for air :lol:

Last edited:
Can I create a new MyPlayer without it messing with my 1st one? Sorry it's prolly been asked, but I just don't want  to search for it lol.

I haven't played myplayer on 2k14 yet, but on previous ones you could. You just select which on you want to load by going under my career.

So why can't you do both? Guard the perimeter and switch off to help defense.

Making it seem like you can't defend the ball just roam around reaching for air :lol:

how are you going to dictate how i play the game though? i play a certain way and if you dont like it so what i do whatever it takes to win the game i cant please everyone... because like i said i will take advantage of everything that i can as long as its not excessive and OD....there isnt 1 specific way to play the game and even if there was i would do my own thing because thats how i play the game....you guys make it seem like i do something crazy to win but all i do is guard the paint but yet its the worst thing to do in 2k :smh:

Reactions: ct3
^ you need to play a different way then... this game is all about playing different ways and learning to adjust....there is no 1 way to play and thats my point... and ya you can say it takes away from the human aspect but thats just on me playing defense which doesnt guarantee me a victory at all....because like i said even though i use the computer its not like i lock down my opponent so i dont understand yall argument.... i still have to play offense to win the game not like i just win on defense alone....and me playing defense that way is me cheesing? this is just the way i play the game and you have to adjust there is no set way to play 2k and exploiting is OD if its unstoppable and unnecessary all im doing is guarding the paint nothing cheesing there.... and if there is a mismatch in this game like im the knicks and im melo and the guy guarding me cant stop me of course im going to keep using melo until they stop me but wait thats considered cheesing? why dont you stop me then? its not like im using the same play over and over again

If you're using Melo on every play to score your points, that's considered cheesing and so is playing computer defense.

I've never, ever played some one that can play better man defense than the computer because the computer is programmed to KNOW what you're gonna do. It's like comparing a human brain to a calculator. Yea, every once in awhile the computer will bite on a pump fake, but other than that the defense is flawless. Have you ever played the computer on hall of fame? At times it seems impossible to win because the defense is so precise.

If that's how you enjoy playing though then I can't tell you much aside from the fact that I would hate playing against you (or the computer for that matter).

I suggest you practice your man defense and start using it in games. Honestly, it's harder but the challenge of playing defense and the satisfaction of locking some one down on your own makes this game 100x better.

Last edited:
Depends is the difficulty higher online now? Back when it was pro it was easy to break the cpu down off the dribble

^ you need to play a different way then... this game is all about playing different ways and learning to adjust..
Well how about you learn to play like a man. 8)
439f872058e510a626d8300.gif

Dudes who play computer defense get on my nerves more than anything else video game related. That ish will have me wanting to punch a baby even after the game is over.

Those that make no effort in the first few minutes even if you try to bait him is not worth playing. I just let the game play itself(now it's 6 mins/quarters they have to endure longer :evil:) as I step away or just do stupid things like running into the crowd or shoot half/full court 3s(had one go in from half court once :smh:). Sometimes they'll quit. :lol:

Skimming through OS, it's been said there will be a standalone Season mode from MyGM. 

Didnt see anything about multi-control for various teams though

I'm curious on how the broadcast will be for the next gen. Such as, Halftime shows that show the actual highlights of other games around the league. With an actual broadcasting team in a studio analyzing games and so forth.

If you're using Melo on every play to score your points, that's considered cheesing and so is playing computer defense.

I've never, ever played some one that can play better man defense than the computer because the computer is programmed to KNOW what you're gonna do. It's like comparing a human brain to a calculator. Yea, every once in awhile the computer will bite on a pump fake, but other than that the defense is flawless. Have you ever played the computer on hall of fame? At times it seems impossible to win because the defense is so precise.

If that's how you enjoy playing though then I can't tell you much aside from the fact that I would hate playing against you (or the computer for that matter).

I suggest you practice your man defense and start using it in games. Honestly, it's harder but the challenge of playing defense and the satisfaction of locking some one down on your own makes this game 100x better.

Ok we'll don't complain to the player then complain to 2k. People will do whatever it takes to win .
No one gives a damn how you feel or how you want to play plain and simple. If a person wants the computer to play D then he will.
I hate playing defense in real life hoops and even in video games and for that hell yeah I let the computer play D . I call the computer my defensive stopper aka Bruce Bowens/Iggies/kawhi/artest etc.... And on offense I like to set plays , post up , ISO so what kind of gamer you gonna call me?
I have fun playing the game and enjoying whopping the other person try to stop me

Ok we'll don't complain to the player then complain to 2k. People will do whatever it takes to win .
No one gives a damn how you feel or how you want to play plain and simple. If a person wants the computer to play D then he will.
I hate playing defense in real life hoops and even in video games and for that hell yeah I let the computer play D . I call the computer my defensive stopper aka Bruce Bowens/Iggies/kawhi/artest etc.... And on offense I like to set plays , post up , ISO so what kind of gamer you gonna call me?
I have fun playing the game and enjoying whopping the other person try to stop me

Dude shut up. I aint complaining to him. He asked me why it's considered cheesing to use computer defense and I told him why it is, plain and simple.

Last edited:
My dude said he hates playing defense in real life :lol:
Shutting down your man and getting a couple blocks will forever be better than scoring a few buckets.

Dudes who play computer defense get on my nerves more than anything else video game related. That ish will have me wanting to punch a baby even after the game is over.

Those that make no effort in the first few minutes even if you try to bait him is not worth playing. I just let the game play itself(now it's 6 mins/quarters they have to endure longer :evil:) as I step away or just do stupid things like running into the crowd or shoot half/full court 3s(had one go in from half court once :smh:). Sometimes they'll quit. :lol:

THIS!

It's like, really bruh, you're not even gonna try?
I absolutely dread those games, so boring.

THIS!

It's like, really bruh, you're not even gonna try?
I absolutely dread those games, so boring.

There's nothing we can really do. Some people just prefer to play that way :smh:

I keep thinking how amazing the graphics on 2k and ps4 in general will look 7-8 years from now. Look at this video of the 2k6 launch title on the xbox 360 8 years ago and compare it to nba 2k14 on the 360.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom