OFFICIAL NBA 2K17 Thread | Available Now

This is actually a larger question about why artists have trouble rendering black people. It's not universal, obviously, but even in comics, many many artists struggle with typically ethnic features for blacks and Asians. The problem is, the people that are good at it might not be good at anything else you need on a team or project, lol. 

My personality type is that I always work on my weaknesses. Some artists prefer to cover their weaknesses and really be strong in a few areas. As a Panamanian/Black guy, I decided as a teen that I'd invest time into learning to draw all ethnicities.

There are so many butchered shape ups/line ups in comics it should be an art felony, haha.
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2048388501&postcount=55

They can do al that other ****, but they can't shape a simple rectangle onto a guys head for a lineup

Other way around. You have to max it out to reach the cap. Just like 16

Yea I know that's basically what I was saying. You have to work in the practice gym to be able to be a 99 overall. Just wish the option to buy VC wasn't available. Dudes gonna max out the doin work meter and remove caps then spend $20 on VC.

Just finished reading the article. Sounds fire. Can't wait to load it up. They mention the denver guy, but it sounds like the only option is to make it work with MBJ. I'm gonna try and get son traded. OR I'm gona bounce on him myself.

Def not digging the idea of controlling two players on the court. I hope the prelude is also a part of the disk, and not just something we play online.

I dig the effort it sounds like they've put in to add to the fun and excitement.

Barbershop!!! Go figure lol. With black barbers no less. If I can't get an uptown fade with the half moon somebody is catching the hands.

I wonder how buns they start you off. Dude says that some options in the story only happen if you ball in college...which means it has to be an option to suck.

Any news about Park yet?

• 2K is introducing a new MyPark "after dark" presentation, which turns the online action into a party complete with a DJ, special effects, and a crowd.

• 2K says it has improved the MyPark matchmaking so new players won't be constantly posterized by vets.

• MyPark After Dark features dunk contests and three-point shooting competitions.

• New to MyPark, the Mountain Dew 3X Tournament locks you into a park until one team is left standing.

• NBA 2K17 introduces new park-specific badges.

Last edited:
YO my park sounding bangin to be honest 

seen on reddit not my video, but easily the funniest **** i seen. How that counted i couldn't tell you lolol can you imagine 4th qrt tie game and that happens

Last edited:
Let MBJ start talking slick to me. I'll Where's Wallace, String? him every time I touch the rock.

No matter what happens, there will be hacked players in there. That has to be frustrating for you dudes that do Park

I don't want creed to be my robin. I'm makung Denver my #2. MBJ probably gonna be a lame. It already shows me and denver kicking it, prolly smokin a bowl, getting it in on the madden. that's basically fam before the game even starts.

Last edited:
Hope 2K gives me something for getting to Legend level in Park.

Hope someone messes up like last year and gives everyone a free boost up.

Last 2k, when someone cheated, 2k gave everyone a bonus up to the level up. so it made me go from all star 5 to legend 1 :smokin

I'll give them thumbs up for making the foot bend with the sneakers, looking a bit realistic.

Unless they've been doing that and i haven't noticed.

I get why they have attribute caps. If they didn't everyone would be 7' with great handles & shooting.

Maybe they could have something where once you reach a certain point in the game you could train with an NBA player at your position that lets you go over the cap. Training with Curry gives you better shooting, training with Westbrook gives you better athleticism, etc.
They used to have it in an older 2k. Practice with Isaiah Thomas would improve the handles, Bird improved jumper etc. Can't remember which year tho.
I think it was 12

Ronnie addressing the hair comments:

These dudes done ran out of damns over there.

Dude channeling his inner Jemele with the Barbie comment. 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

2K has some of the worst people promoting their game.

LD and Ronnie are idiots but at least when LD ***** up he tries to mitigate. Ronnie just high off of his position as a glorified cheerleader and just says stupid ****.

Dude stays acting like he's a dev or something. You're just supposed to be the pretty face to get people to buy and you're not good at either of those things.

They need to just fire him and replace him with Rachel. Not only is she fine she's probably better at ball than him. 1v1 against Ronnie, I'm not betting against her.

Corny nickname? Check
Imaginary players that you have to deal with? Check
Talking about everything besides teammate AI? Check

They really need to create a separate story mode like fight night did.

Glad we finally got info but I gotta agree with you. 2k10/11 MyCareer was great. Draft combine, summer league, d league. Endorsements are cool but I don't need the extra narrative

LD and Ronnie are idiots but at least when LD ***** up he tries to mitigate. Ronnie just high off of his position as a glorified cheerleader and just says stupid ****.
Dude stays acting like he's a dev or something. You're just supposed to be the pretty face to get people to buy and you're not good at either of those things.
They need to just fire him and replace him with Rachel. Not only is she fine she's probably better at ball than him. 1v1 against Ronnie, I'm not betting against her.

rachel played for my school odu. She messed up her acl I dont think she can play anymore. Ronnie might take that one. The crazy thing about this whole #notabarbie game thing is they have the nerve to have a black barbershop in the story line, but cant have black haircuts trolling at its most high. LMAO

My barber better take appointments or I'll have my guy Denver cut it

Back
Top Bottom