OFFICIAL NBA 2K17 Thread | Available Now

Ronnie's been a turd

I understand wanting to focus moreso on the actual gameplay and game modes, but it's not difficult to add a few more hairstyles. 
Maybe they can't do it.Yall need to stop thinking they CAN and they AREN'T.

MAybe they just aren't capable?

Fair enough, but I doubt that.

Orr they could revise and edit current ones? Or is that asking too much :lol:
Man, if you keep demanding that someone does something and they NEVER do it, why would you have blind faith that they can do it?

Games are are to make realistic dynamic water. Hell 2k had flowing boxer sweat on kobe in 2k7...they cant get static hair right? How did that even make sense to you to type out? Maybe in 01 hair was tough..but bruhs havent grown in design ability in 15 yrs? They legit have had the same options since bron got drafted

2K developed a app to allow u to put your face in the game of course people are gonna have an opinion on the awful hairstyles that come with it

Exactly.

Half the game modes involve your myplayer God forbid I expect basics in customization [emoji]128580[/emoji]

I don't see how you aren't seeing that you are basically saying the same thing I am saying.

You either

A. Think they are PURPOSELY not doing it

B. Think they can't do it

Those are the only two options. They have seen the complaints. They have read the forums.

Maybe their art team isn't good enough? Why is that NOT an option?

How is it not good enough? Theyre good enough to make sweat and perfect redentions of shoes but not hair? No man.

Games are are to make realistic dynamic water. Hell 2k had flowing boxer sweat on kobe in 2k7...they cant get static hair right? How did that even make sense to you to type out? Maybe in 01 hair was tough..but bruhs havent grown in design ability in 15 yrs? They legit have had the same options since bron got drafted
Maybe, JUST maybe, it takes more skill to actually allow for the user to CREATE a player than it is to SCAN an actual player. All of the examples given are from pre-existing players. Rookies, Kobe, etc.

They can do that just fine.

But when it comes to CAPS, they can NEVER get it right?

Why are we saying that, "They can do it." Maybe they aren't good enough? (This is an actual insult and not a defense)

How is it not good enough? Theyre good enough to make sweat and perfect redentions of shoes but not hair? No man.
So you think they are PURPOSELY not getting the hair correct?

And if so, what would be their reasoning for PURPOSELY alienating a LARGE portion of their fan base by PURPOSELY not getting hair right?

I honestly want to hear your logic

the whole barbie rebuttal is soooo weak, contradictory, and counter productive and I feel like we go over why that is every single year this thread comes up

the fact that someone at 2k would offer that *******t response to a users concerns is ridiculous

They have no competition, and it's not like they aren't making a decent game

It's just arrogance they know dudes are gonna wanna play basketball

That's the problem with lack of competition you're going to get complacent

So you think they are PURPOSELY not getting the hair correct?

And if so, what would be their reasoning for PURPOSELY alienating a LARGE portion of their fan base by PURPOSELY not getting hair right?

I honestly want to hear your logic

Its all in ronnies words. He can be like..when criticism happens..we did our best to put out the best possible game and we're constantly striving harder to improve and progress. Instead when we complain..he says...hey..this isnt a barbie game fam..get over it. That says..ay..so ****** what. shut the hell up and take what we give you. Witcho weak ***.

People missed it but ronnie went straight savgmage with that one small sentence.

Its all in ronnies words. He can be like..when criticism happens..we did our best to put out the best possible game and we're constantly striving harder to improve and progress. Instead when we complain..he says...hey..this isnt a barbie game fam..get over it. That says..ay..so ****** what. shut the hell up and take what we give you. Witcho weak ***.

People missed it but ronnie went straight savgmage with that one small sentence.
Man Ronnie is a Community Dude. Not listening to anything that man says. He is literally a mascot 
laugh.gif

But his attitude is reflective of the product they deliver.

They're the only game in town.

Look at Madden stagnant as hell because it doesn't matter.

You can either buy it or not.

they were able to go in and ad 5 or 6 new hair styles after the fact in 15 because the users complained, they carried over those and added more to 16.  I see no evidence of them not being able to.  Users complained that there weren't enought african american haristyles and in 15 the went and added more, the problem is HOW did 2k even let that become an issue knowing their fan demographic and the make up of the NBA, how do they even let that become an issue

as said every year, if your selling points for this game include creating a player, creating a team/league, creating your own shoes/uniforms, creating a unique experience for each player

then you can not tell users "this is not a barbie dress up game" when they complain about your paltry stale customization options

Last edited:
No it isn't. Not at all. He is his own man, and that was his own Twitter account. What he does or says is not reflective of the work that goes on from the Devs. The Devs always talk about how their hands are tied when it comes to the MARKETING team being stingy with info. They are on OS YEARLY talking about how it KILLS them. 

Don't group the entire TEAM with Ronnie the Mascot.

So you think they are doing it on purpose?

You think they knowingly/consciously, made it so that regular black dudes aren't able to give themselves basic haircuts?

Simple/Serious question.

And if yes, what do you think they benefit from doing this?

i will absolutely group the team with the mascot, the team should make their mascots aware of what is an accpetable level of communication with their consumers

i will absolutely group the team with the mascot, the team should make their mascots aware of what is an accpetable level of communication with their consumers
You are smarter than that. How is that fair?

The amount of class the people that ACTUALLY work on the game show is always on point.

Ronnie is a clown man. We all know this. He is the wild cousin that just runs his mouth at the cookout and then when trouble comes, hides behind his big brother.

The DEVS can't control him. That isn't their job.

Come on, I expect YOU to be more logic with that assessment. 

So back to the main point, you think they PURPOSELY left out the hairs?

Absolutely. Its looked at as something unimportant. And has been for years. First time they ever even verbally addressed it was last years with the patch. All the new hairstyles weve had the last 5 years alone havent even been attempted. But they still have multiple braid options. How many dudes in the L even have cornrows?? Kawhi and wiggins? Theyre out of touch with the culture. Not just black but white too. That side part that white dudes have been doing and the bun. Giving me the ability to create my player there are certain basic options that are assumed. If you cant deliver that then dont even call it my player anymore.

So you think they are doing it on purpose?

You think they knowingly/consciously, made it so that regular black dudes aren't able to give themselves basic haircuts?

Simple/Serious question.

And if yes, what do you think they benefit from doing this?
i don't know why, i just know the ****'s trash and snippy retorts from their mascots don't solve anything

Last edited:
He responds in the exact way we say the product comes across but we're not allowed to connect those dots [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

It's like going to McDonald's and not getting cheese on your burger and homie at the register tells you to eat a **** when you complain yea he didn't make the burger but they all telling you to eat a **** essentially with the product you received and the response.

What I never understood was why they couldn't just allow for a User to make a CAP and just sort through the actually HAIRSTYLES of the players already in the game. Maybe there would be a list of 600 hairstyles that you could sort through that would be named after the player.

But maybe because the hair and the face (of the actual players) aren't two different things but one actual scanned item. (If that makes sense), so to extract the hair is more difficult than we would think.

Back
Top Bottom