OFFICIAL NBA 2K17 Thread | Available Now

If we are talking about the college pg thing my homeboy went to odu and this was his average and he went undrafted. He just signed with the pistons though.

Trey Freeman
2015-16 ODU 35.1 8.5-19.8 .429 1.3-3.8 .349 3.7-4.5 .829 4.2 3.0 0.1 1.0 1.8 1.3 22.1

Im not even gotta put his summer league numbers up they werent good at all.

Was your homeboy the #1 freshman in the country.....coming off a national championship, and regarded as an NBA prospect since high school? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

so jsut the the mycareer in 17 have all of this same stuff? college and whatnot? for the people that didn't download it early? I mean people will have to create a player so it would make sense. Say you got the prelude, but want to start over anyways on 2k?

Was your homeboy the #1 freshman in the country.....coming off a national championship, and regarded as an NBA prospect since high school? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

nope which is why if you get mid first round or even lower you should be happy with it. someone dropping 22 a game shooting 45% cant even get drafted.

nope which is why if you get mid first round or even lower you should be happy with it. someone dropping 22 a game shooting 45% cant even get drafted.

No you shouldn't. Elite prospects get held to different standards.

There have been thousands of redshirt senior guards at mid majors to put up HUGE NUMBERS....and not even sniff the NBA.

Putting up numbers doesn't hold the same weight for elite young prospects. It just isn't man. Idk what's so hard to understand about this.

This is how Mike Conley can average 11 & 6 as a freshman on a final four team....and be a top 5 pick....while in that same year...there is some 6 foot guard from a smaller conference that averaged 24 & 5 and wouldn't even sniff summer league.

Last edited:
No you shouldn't. Elite prospects get held to different standards.

There have been thousands of redshirt senior guards at mid majors to put up HUGE NUMBERS....and not even sniff the NBA.

There aren't a same standard of numbers for elite prospects in real life. It just isn't man. Idk what's so hard to understand about this.

This is how Mike Conley can average 11 & 6 as a freshman on a final four team....and be a top 5 pick....while in that same year...there is some 6 foot guard from a smaller conference that averaged 24 & 5 and wouldn't even sniff summer league.

nah i feel what youre saying bro. People are drafted on their potential and their workouts and a bunch of other stuff but video games wise 10 and 10 is mid right numbers. lol

Popularity as well?

Kryie was off for a whole year with an injury and still drafted overall #1

Phax.

bruh played 10 games in college. #1 lol.

Or the hs players that were able to go in and leap frog the college guys.

Scouts get it wrong too. Isiah Thomas, Draymond, Deandre Jordan, MAnu, to name a few. Sometimes they don't see potential correctly.

Just take that Lottery pick snub and spaz when you get to the L.

Will. I still have to wait until the all star break to have updated jerseys in MC? I want to start Friday, but knowing 2k...

I I wish 2K cared/listened to their fans :rolleyes
Quickfire answers:

- Not sure, but I don't think Playbooks were added to the live updates system. Ask Da Czar?

- No, chemistry isn't editable.

- No, team state (contending/rebuilding/buying/selling) can't be overriden, but it's something we can discuss for future MyLEAGUE iterations.

- Only 5 players per list (e.g. untouchables) per team, but I can look into expanding that for 2K18

- The rankings of the teams are based on the players' overall and their minutes and rotation spot, they're not editable, why would that matter though?

- You can't edit a staff member's name, but you can edit attributes, badges, and team style preferences.

- Hot Spots are editable as tendencies (e.g. Shot Close Left, Shot Mid-Range Left-Center, etc.) They're only used by the Simulator as far as I know to determine the probability of a shot coming from a certain part of the court.

- Looking into introducing more to the Roster Quick Edit, we're looking for feedback on how we can improve on it without making the interface unusable.

- You can't share entire leagues, only individual teams.

- You can't edit the default rivalry ratings. New/custom teams introduced to the league will have a 0 rivalry rating with everyone, and will build rivalries from there on out.

- I play the game for hundreds of hours once it comes out on PC, same as I did before working at 2K. Either MyGM or MyLEAGUE with the Pistons, all 82 games played, 12 minute quarters, trying to rebuild and take them to glory.

- Thank you for the feedback on how to give you the benefits of the D-League using separate minor features, I promise we'll look into your suggestions.

- Unfortunately I ran out of time and couldn't implement playoff game revert in MyLEAGUE Online in a way that I was confident won't lead to progression blockers/corrupted leagues. We did add an option though for the user that remains in the game asking whether they wish to forgive the quit and not have the game simulated as a win for them.

- SimCast Live is back, there's not any new Coach Mode implementation, but you can keep enjoying SimCast Live.

- Yes, any save that has more than 3 teams rebranded will have to be converted to an online-only save, same as MyCAREER.

- The offseason is structured the same way as in years prior, but we're discussing ways of refreshing for future iterations. It's a key part of the game that has worked the same way for far too long, and we know there's room for improvement.

- There's a new way to switch teams on pretty much most MyLEAGUE menus really quickly, by moving the Right-Stick left & right.

- Based on the multi-team MyLEAGUE Free Agency bug report we got relatively late in the 2K16 cycle we looked into other menus that also take user decisions from multiple user-controlled teams and we hope we have fixed all cases of such issues. Let me know if you notice any menu not working as intended when you're controlling more than one team.

- No way to keep the rights of a drafted player this year.

- Existing pick protections will be there if you choose to start with real-life draft pick trades; a small caveat, our pick protections are a limited subset (Top 3/5/10/Lottery), which means we've tried to approximate some protections to the closest one (e.g. we don't have Top 8, so we used whatever we felt was most appropriate to replicate that). Swaps are also represented when you start the mode.

- Non-generated players (tech limitation) can become coaches, and the way we determine that is by looking at what we call their "Hall of Fame" rating in the backend. The most singificant candidates for the hall of fame have the biggest likelihood of becoming coaches. We can look into making that a user option during player retirement for future iterations of the game.

- I'm not aware of any bug with not visible shot charts, care to elaborate?

- Fatigue effects on minutes and training are things we can tune after the fact based on concrete feedback. That said, the gameplay team has completely revamped the way fatigue works this year and even introduced a wear and tear system which adds a whole new level of complexity to the game of trying to keep your players healthy and at 100% performance.

- We cut players out of the free agency pool to try to maintain a balance of 50 free agent players per position. Our algorithm for who stays and who goes takes into account overall rating, number of games played the last 2 years, and age. It's not a naive "if you didn't play for 3 years you're out".

- The idea of online quick-fire tournaments is one we have been considering as well for the future, we think it's a great way to get together with your friends and compete in an organized manner without having to have 30 users and a whole season ahead of you. No promises, but we really like the idea for what it's worth.

- Wear and Tear accumulates both short term and long term. You won't be able to play players extreme minutes again and again without repercussions, and you won't be able to keep throwing them into collisions and forcing them into horrible falls without risking injury. It's a much more organic system this year, and I'm excited to finally play with it.

- You can only contract expansion teams, down to a number of 30. The league won't automatically contract on its own, it will randomly expand by 1 or 2 teams though, something you can override during the league meetings or through the expansion menu. The players of contracted teams are released into free agency.

- There has been work put into tuning and tweaking draft class generation, as far as attributes and tendencies go. We do a tuning pass every year, looking at new and old attributes and how they relate to others and whether they need to be generated via code or a formula or whether a range is fine based on the position/archetype/quality trifecta. That said, I fully appreciate the details people like LorenzoDC are able to figure out and the feedback they generate. Unfortunately, a lot of it gets drowned in the noise of "generated tendencies SUCK, did you fix them?" I welcome and invite anyone to do a detailed write-up and put it up on OS or pastebin or wherever and send me a link or put a link in this thread. The more detailed the issues you report (and any suggested solutions are welcome too), the easier it will be for me/us to drill down and try to generate players in a better way. We don't ignore this section of the game though, and that needs to be said. Just last year I sat down with the roster guys to discuss how we can better dress up players in accessories that make sense and aren't just random. We looked at percentages of each accessory used, we talked about probabilities that a particular accessory will be matched with another accessory, we zeroed in on the colors that should be used. We care about generated players, and we want to keep improving on this, so *detailed* feedback is welcome.

- Barnsey's post on how different attributes should progress and regress on different curves based on whether they're mental/tactical, physical-based or basketball fundamentals is exactly how the game has worked the last few years. There's different peaks for different kinds of attributes. The Peak Age and Peak End are merely the base for each of the different curves.

- Barnsey also posted some feedback saying "A lot of the players have attributes/tendencies/badges that don't match up with their own identity. All the players' factors need to be synergistic with each other when getting generated. I'm sick of my suspension of disbelief getting ruined by generated players making absolutely no sense as a player." See, I totally agree with you, but that doesn't help me at all. It expresses a goal you and I have in common, but I need more details as to individual problems you're seeing so I can zero in on parts of the generation that are problematic. It's not like we're generating players by rolling the dice on every attribute. The core is the position, the player type (two-way, all-around, rebounding, defensive, etc.) and the quality we want the player to have. And then attributes and tendencies are generated in all sorts of ways. Please, if you care to elaborate on specific problematic examples, I'd love to hear you out. Words like "synergistic" are the goal, but don't really help. A lot of attributes are already synergistic. Which ones are you not satisfied with?

- We've done another pass on tuning badge progression this year, we're hoping you'll see badges being divied out much better year to year.

- Becanes, happy now? :tongue: There was a lot of stuff to reply to man, and answering questions on the forums is not normally on my job description. I'm a software engineer, I just had the immense privilege of being discovered because of my presence and work in the NLSC and OS communities, so this is my way of keeping my ear to the ground and giving back to the people that helped me get my dream job. Have ye a little faith, alright?

I don't play many other games so this is a serious question. Do other games make the community do this much work to make improvements? Think it's weird that they use OS as unpaid interns while they generate 9 figures in revenue yearly.

I don't play many other games so this is a serious question. Do other games make the community do this much work to make improvements? Think it's weird that they use OS as unpaid interns while they generate 9 figures in revenue yearly.
This is a good question.

I would assume sports game would be the most editable genre of games out there since Rosters alone give them a level of customization that other games couldn't reach.

So for that fact alone, maybe it is. I don't know, I don't play anything else

Back
Top Bottom